Pelicans Report

Thread: Pels Scout Mario Hezonja

Pels Scout Mario Hezonja

Not falling for it. Ill just assume the Pels Scouts were bored that night and went to scout Super Mario for fun.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Not falling for it. Ill just assume the Pels Scouts were bored that night and went to scout Super Mario for fun.
    Personally, I think it has more to do with Dell's love/respect for Croatia after playing there. Remember how hard he scouted Saric?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We're just paying our due J Diligence.

Some scouting trip... he didn't even play?
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Obligatory

Scouting video (embed disabled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WngADYTj-U
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-02-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Who would we have to move to go up and get him? I am unfamiliar with his game, is he the JJ Reddick/ Allah Thompson/ Jason Richardson type that Gentry has been using the last few years?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Who would we have to move to go up and get him? I am unfamiliar with his game, is he the JJ Reddick/ Allah Thompson/ Jason Richardson type that Gentry has been using the last few years?
    From the video he looks like a Ginobli type. Strong 3 point shot even with a hand in the face, but is mainly a slasher that can dish and finish.

All-Star
    I usually going to Barcelona games and coach didn't play him because Mario spoke bad things of the team and coach to the media, is a bit brainless.

Who would we have to move to go up and get him?
    Ryno to Detroit for #8 doesn't seem crazy. They're losing their starting PF for nothing and SVG has previously built a contender with a rim protecting rebounder at center and Ryno creating space for him at PF. Whoever they draft at 8 would probably be a bench contributor at best this year.

I remember a couple of years back, Dell said they'll scout/interview guys they have no chance of drafting in case they come up in trade talks later down the line. Then Dell knows them, how well they might fit with the organization, and has a better idea of their potential. I don't know what we could offer that would get a top 10 pick, so I'd guess that's what's going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Ryno to Detroit for #8 doesn't seem crazy. They're losing their starting PF for nothing and SVG has previously built a contender with a rim protecting rebounder at center and Ryno creating space for him at PF. Whoever they draft at 8 would probably be a bench contributor at best this year.
    Maybe I'm being cynical, but after the past 2 seasons, I don't think Ryno has the value he once did around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I remember a couple of years back, Dell said they'll scout/interview guys they have no chance of drafting in case they come up in trade talks later down the line. Then Dell knows them, how well they might fit with the organization, and has a better idea of their potential. I don't know what we could offer that would get a top 10 pick, so I'd guess that's what's going on here.
    His first year here was picking gems off the scrap heap of the 2007 draft (Jason Smith/Belinelli). It was almost like he just went to his draft notes and said "who did I like that isn't being used?"

Maybe I'm being cynical, but after the past 2 seasons, I don't think Ryno has the value he once did around the league.
    I'm not saying he's got that level of value around the league. I'm saying he might have that level of value to SVG who built a contender with Ryno starting at PF next to a dominant rebounder and rim protector. I haven't heard much buzz about any of the names outside of Draft Express' top 6. Is this a 6 person draft where Detroit has the #8 pick? Even if this kid is another Motiejunas, how does that help Stan to draft a guy that will be a good rotation player in 2 years? Or another 7 footer?

Only player we are willing to move that could get that value would be Tyreke. But personally I'd rather keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Bingo.
    @mcnamara247

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Anyone else think of Peja when they see his release?

David Pick ?@IAmDPick Mar 29 Pacers, Pelicans, Spurs, Knicks, Lakers, Kings, Hawks, Nets and Memphis -- were all in Espana for Mario Hezonja.

From 2 months ago

Not the first time he has been scouted.

Separate note are the future NO MLS team the FC Pelicans scouting Neymar or Suarez for 2025?

Thread Information