Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Erman hired has associate head coach

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I badly misread the title of this.

"They hired me to do what?"

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ate-head-coach

When Erman took over the Golden State defense, he transformed a 26th-ranked unit to 11th in 2012-13, and ultimately third in 2013-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

LMAO!

Excellent hire. Consider this. The Warriors were number 1 in pace and number 1 in defense. Boston was number 5 in pace, and put together an above average defense without a rim protector. Also when Alvin was with the Clips, they were 7th in pace, 9th in defense. Do you see a pattern here? We are hiring coaches who have been around a pace/motion oriented system yet can still mount an effective defense. This is huge.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar

Don't put in your two-weeks notice yet.

Everything I've read about him points to this being exactly what we need.

I knew they were talking about Erman but still read it as Eman. I thought he was joking you. Lmao

It's on now...we ready!!
    I'm a grinder

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's got quite the resume for one so young too. What is he, like 39 or 40?

He's got quite the resume for one so young too. What is he, like 39 or 40?
    He looks like he is 18 and trying to sell you a home security system, or a cable TV package.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Omg I didn't even think this was possible. This isn't a home run pairing, it's a bottom of the ninth, down 3 grand slam. Wow.
    I'll take that as a last second overtime hail mary td pass?

Could be possibly coach in waiting as well? Is he going to be the lead assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Apparently Mark Jackson had an ax to grind with Erman.
    Or Erman and Scalabrine had an axe to grind with Jackson. He recorded everybody not just his head coach.

Either way if he is a good coach I don't care. Seems it was isolated. Hopefully it was.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-02-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Banned
    Having good players on the roster makes everyone look good. If you have length at most positions that certainly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Or Erman and Scalabrine had an axe to grind with Jackson. He recorded everybody not just his head coach.

Either way if he is a good coach I don't care. Seems it was isolated. Hopefully it was.
    It became a running joke with GS fans that Jackson was essentially trying to fend off any potential replacements by undermining certain guys and trying to get rid of guys.

I really never well and never have understood the love for Jackson.

They targeted him prior to firing monty.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    It became a running joke with GS fans that Jackson was essentially trying to fend off any potential replacements by undermining certain guys and trying to get rid of guys.

I never (and I mean never) listen to anything Stephen A Smith does, but yesterday I was driving the rental (had a car crash two weeks back), and there surprisingly wasn't anything on XMso I gave him a listen. Have any of you guys listened to his tin foil hat thinly veiled racist radio program? Dude mentioned Gentry for 4 minuets and then crapped all over the league for guys like Johnson (but more staunchly) and Jackson not coaching. He sounded like he wanted heads to roll for Jackson being out of a job. Somebody mentioned Jackson might have to take an assistant job in order to become a coach again, and Stephen A went off on the caller for 3 minuets about how, " Mark Jackson makes more money at ESPN than an NBA assistant makes. He isn't going to take a pay cut to be an assistant coach. He has done to much to have to start over as an assistant coach."

All I could think about during that retarded diatribe was, "If I am some top performing hedge fund manager who is placed out of commission for throwing fiduciary duty out the window (for example), and now I am stuck on Scottrade making great money but I want to go back to being a hedge fund manager, I probably will have to take a pay cut in order to get back to where I want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I never (and I mean never) listen to anything Stephen A Smith does, but yesterday I was driving the rental (had a car crash two weeks back), and there surprisingly wasn't anything on XMso I gave him a listen. Have any of you guys listened to his tin foil hat thinly veiled racist radio program? Dude mentioned Gentry for 4 minuets and then crapped all over the league for guys like Johnson (but more staunchly) and Jackson not coaching. He sounded like he wanted heads to roll for Jackson being out of a job. Somebody mentioned Jackson might have to take an assistant job in order to become a coach again, and Stephen A went off on the caller for 3 minuets about how, " Mark Jackson makes more money at ESPN than an NBA assistant makes. He isn't going to take a pay cut to be an assistant coach. He has done to much to have to start over as an assistant coach."

All I could think about during that retarded diatribe was, "If I am some top performing hedge fund manager who is placed out of commission for throwing fiduciary duty out the window (for example), and now I am stuck on Scottrade making great money but I want to go back to being a hedge fund manager, I probably will have to take a pay cut in order to get back to where I want to go.
    I listen all the time when I'm bored in the car. It is non stop from Stephen A and if anyone calls in to say something he just freaks out and completely dismisses anything they have to say. I have heard people say Skip agrees with him and that is not true at all. If you ever watch Skip when this topic gets brought up he kinda just respects Stephen A and doesn't really address the topic because of what would happen if he did. The guy is completely out of line on this topic. I don't have an oz of racism in me and what he says shouldn't even be allowed on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    People hear the guy on TNT calling games. They don't get to see what he's like day-to-day as a head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

You are talking about the guy who pretty much called the Pelicans racists because we fired Monty as our HC, even though our GM AND the guy we hired to replace him are the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    You are talking about the guy who pretty much called the Pelicans racists because we fired Monty as our HC, even though our GM AND the guy we hired to replace him are the same race.
    Yeah that was pretty laughable. especially since 4 out of our 6 head coaches were black. Really 4 out of 5 because bower was forced to coach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post

They targeted him prior to firing monty.
    That's not what it said. It was saying they targeted him before hiring Gentry. Still, the first thought that cross my mind was, "is Gentry on board with this guy as his associate head coach? I'm certain he would have had to have discussed it and been good with it during negotiations.

I'm black, and I can't stand Stephen A.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I'm black, and I can't stand Stephen A.
    I feel you!
    Stephen A Smith is fake! He's a corporate clown, being used to bring controlled controversy to ESPN! HE'S a company man! Uncle Tom in the black community eyes! Well over 60% of blacks don't agree with him and are very much a shame of him on his views showing the world of his ignorance, in which on some cases he says he's speaking for the black community! That's a lie, bcuz we don't agree and we don't like your sell out azz! He's a snitch and he never stand behind a black athlete (s) who are fighting for their rights against their league/cooperation/bosses in any type of disagreement! He's a fake clown on tv, which ESPN and other major corps know they can control.
    Stephen A tells the black community they can go kick rocks, he ain't apologizing to them for nothing. Saying it'll be a cold day in hell before he apologize to us in the black community. BUT, Michelle Beadle made his dumb Tom tail apologize in front of the nation on national television!
    #Tom
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 06-02-2015 at 07:50 PM.

What did Michelle Beadle say?

Speaking of racism, any word on Monty? SaS was pounding the table for him when we let him go.

Thread Information