Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IYO--3-4 GENTRY target guys! I'll go 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Been clamouring for Batum for so long and keep getting rebuffed, I often forget he exists.
    Batum is one of my favorite players in the NBA for our needs and what he would bring to our team. Draymond is obviously my favorite and #1 choice out there but I would be pretty happy with J. Green, Tobias, Monroe, and Deandre. I think if we can move someone and grab anyone of those guys while using some space next off season with Gordon's expiring we can really improve this team and make a serious jump.

Batum or monroe would both be perfect fits for gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Gerald Green, Khris Middleton, Demarre Carroll....... BIG SPLASH, DJ ! Gentry coached him in 13-14!
    any of those in exchange for tyreke evans please

Khris Middleton is a Klay Thompson clone and would be a perfect fit here. Can play the 2 or 3 being a very good defensive player and an elite 3 point shooter. Would give Gentry a familiar player to work with like Klay if we can somehow bring him in. Holiday and Middleton as our 2 guards would be one hell of a duo and an elite defensive one with great size and length.

People hardly mention Thaddeus Young. He could be the SF who could switch to PF when we go small. perhaps Draymond Green can do that too, but there's not too many.

Jrue
    Gordon
    Thaddeus
    AD
    Monroe or Amir Johnson

Iman Schumbert
    Gerald Green
    Mike Dunleavy
    KJ McDaniels
    alan anderson

Javale magee

Aminu!!

and of course...... Aaron White in the 2nd round

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Love TY. Wanted us to trade for him before he got moved to Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Love TY. Wanted us to trade for him before he got moved to Nets.
    His outside shot seems to have come around finally.

He is of the age range that Demps has publicly stated to covet in the past (26) 24-27

He is always among the leaders in steals for his position

can finish

above average defender

familiar with NOLA? not that it matters

may not be the marksman Dell covets, so it would pend on our other additions (couldn't have Tyreke and him)

I'd reallylike to get in the draft, around 20 and get Justin Anderson. IMO he would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    People hardly mention Thaddeus Young. He could be the SF who could switch to PF when we go small. perhaps Draymond Green can do that too, but there's not too many.

Jrue
    Gordon
    Thaddeus
    AD
    Monroe or Amir Johnson

Iman Schumbert
    Gerald Green
    Mike Dunleavy
    KJ McDaniels
    alan anderson

Javale magee

Aminu!!

and of course...... Aaron White in the 2nd round

Iman shumpert would be ideal IMO. He isn't the proven shooter that Gerald Green is, but he does use his athleticism towards locking down his defender

and is younger. (6'10" wingspan, 42"max vert and is the magical age of 24) .342 3 pt shooter

He just needs a situation just like our IMO ( just given the facts that he has the speed, length, is defensively oriented and can potentially be a good shooter makes him a target)

If he had been given more time, or had higher shooting percentages he wouldn't be in the conversation.

You need to find guys that don't have 'it' yet so they can be affordable

Seemingly Gerald Green is a better fit cause he makes three's in his sleep. He is a great shooter!!
    But with all the athletic gifts that dude has, it doesn't seem that he uses them for squat. How the hell does he fall to third on the Suns depth chart? Dude just doesn't do the little things IMO

Mike Dunleavy, as we all know, can shoot too. And is tough as nails But he is 34 now and I believe his best years are behind him. DON'T FORGET OUR WINGS NEED THE ABILITY TO LOCK-DOWN Klay Thompson, James Harden, Micheal Westbrook, and andrew wiggins typesof dudes

PS I would love for Brandon Bass to take some type of complimentary role on our club. He is a good dude, and I like his hustle

I would like to position ourselves to make a run at KD

But if we can get Middleton or carrol now, I'm content.

I'm not sure Monroe wants to doe the dirty work in the paint that we need.

I think Dudley would be a real possibility with thr log jam at forward on the Bucks roster. Also, Gentry has coached him in the past. He can play and guard multiple positions as an above average defender. For a while the Bucks started him at PF. High IQ player. I would welcome this move.

Channing Fry and Mike Dunlevy are who I would target. The third..Brewer?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Channing Frye???? Why?

Channing Frye???? Why?
    Big, can shoot the three, familiar with Gentry. People familiar with the system will help he learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Big, can shoot the three, familiar with Gentry. People familiar with the system will help he learning curve.
    He's 32, coming off his worst season and is 1 year into his 4 year 32mil deal.

Kris Middleton = Treveon Graham 2nd round hopeful (he's no Aaron White, but could be a Middleton)

both will have been second rounders after the draft
    both have 6'10" wingspans
    both have 31" max verticals
    Graham shot 38% from the arc (5.1 attempts per game)
    Middleton shot 39% from the arc (3.7 attempts per game)

both passed over in the draft for many a flop due to them not having infinite upside in regards to athleticism. But both players sport well rounded offensive games where they can catch and shoot the mid-range shot and the three as well as shoot off the dribble

Sooner or later teams are going to start valuing guys with the ability to play ball over the earl clark, ekpe udoh, anthony randolph types who leave too early to tell if they ever will

pretty similar reads:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...iddleton-6332/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Graham-42101/

He's 32, coming off his worst season and is 1 year into his 4 year 32mil deal.
    I saw his name mentioned in a previous post, so I assumed he was on the market. That said, I would be surprised if we didn't sign a player or two who had ties to Gentry, Pack, or Ehman. Familiarity with the system is key. We hated having Willie Green here, but he was experienced in Monty's system. For a new coach getting a few of his guys in (while everyone is getting acclimated) is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I saw his name mentioned in a previous post, so I assumed he was on the market. That said, I would be surprised if we didn't sign a player or two who had ties to Gentry, Pack, or Ehman. Familiarity with the system is key. We hated having Willie Green here, but he was experienced in Monty's system. For a new coach getting a few of his guys in (while everyone is getting acclimated) is a good idea.
    I mean I understand Dunleavy, yeah he's 34 but his skills hasn't declined. He was still very efficient in Chicago last year even with a lesser role but most importantly he's free agent.

Taking into account where these guys have coached over the last 7 years (7 years being conservative) and looking at the ties they have to free agents what do you think they will bring in? Keep in mind our cap space and you can imagine they probably won't be the most sought after fa's, or older fa's who are looking for a longer contract than they can get other places.

Gentry- Warriors, Clippers, Phx
    Pack- Hornets/ Pels, Clippers, Thunder
    Erman- Celtics, Warriors

Free Agents with ties (is is like going from 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon to in the pan with Kevin Bacon)
    Here's your list.
    http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2015.htm

It includes: Rolo, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Bass, Brendan Wright, Mo Speights, Gerald Green, Jae Crowder, Mike Dunleavy, Chris Kaman. Glenn Davis, so on, and so on. Impressive list.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-02-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Did he coach Gerald Green at all?

Did he coach Gerald Green at all?

Iman shumpert would be ideal IMO. He isn't the proven shooter that Gerald Green is, but he does use his athleticism towards locking down his defender

and is younger. (6'10" wingspan, 42"max vert and is the magical age of 24) .342 3 pt shooter

He just needs a situation just like our IMO ( just given the facts that he has the speed, length, is defensively oriented and can potentially be a good shooter makes him a target)

If he had been given more time, or had higher shooting percentages he wouldn't be in the conversation.

You need to find guys that don't have 'it' yet so they can be affordable

Seemingly Gerald Green is a better fit cause he makes three's in his sleep. He is a great shooter!!
    But with all the athletic gifts that dude has, it doesn't seem that he uses them for squat. How the hell does he fall to third on the Suns depth chart? Dude just doesn't do the little things IMO

Mike Dunleavy, as we all know, can shoot too. And is tough as nails But he is 34 now and I believe his best years are behind him. DON'T FORGET OUR WINGS NEED THE ABILITY TO LOCK-DOWN Klay Thompson, James Harden, Micheal Westbrook, and andrew wiggins typesof dudes

PS I would love for Brandon Bass to take some type of complimentary role on our club. He is a good dude, and I like his hustle
    I also like Shumpert. I think if we plan to keep Tyreke at the three, then that would be a good signing.

PG: Holiday, Cole
    SG: Gordon, Shumpert
    SF: Evans, Pondexter, Babbit
    PF: Davis, Anderson, Cunningham
    C: Asik, Ajinca

Thread Information