Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: A Look at Alvin Gentry's Potential Staff if Hired

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    We we've had me kicked out of the special insider info forum before it opens, called names, told I'm not in the secret message club, threats about withholding info, and now ignore buttons.

Did I miss the part were anyone said McNamara doesn't gloat after news breaks or actually ever called something beforehand when he did? You know, actually shown what I'm saying isn't true? Didn't think so. Last night was the first time in a long time news broke and he didn't say or allude to knowing about it. I'm done here if he and his blind following are.
    I'll chime in with one bit of advice.

Maybe if you could be less of an abrasive ******* about the whole thing, you'd be accepted more warmly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'll chime in with one bit of advice.

Maybe if you could be less of an abrasive ******* about the whole thing, you'd be accepted more warmly.
    Noted. I really would like to drop it, as I agree it's redundant at this point. I've tried to be complementary of MM in several posts, but I'm sorry if the tone is harsh.

Last thing I will say - because this is such an exciting time and I should NOT be a topic of convo is that I think there is a generally misunderstanding about me.

I do NOT want to be a reporter. At all. I do not want to break stuff and get my name out there and get a bigger stage, etc. No desire. I am a fan. A fan who now has access I couldn't have dreamed of 5 years ago. I can call or email anybody at ESPN right now and get a response. I can get a guy like Amin on the podcast or call up Strauss for his take on Gentry or Erman. That's awesome. I can talk to Pels people. I can go into the locker room at games and ask guys questions.

I remember what it was like not having that 5 years ago, and I just want to share what I have. Other guys don't tell you all stuff because they don't want to look dumb when it doesn't happen - which it often doesn't. I couldn't care less. I do not want another job, so I can burn bridges with the T-P if I think it could lead to them stepping up their game or I can talk on a message board all day and be an "amateur"

Basically, when I write for you guys or post on here, I am imagining I am talking to a bunch of 'myself's' 5 years ago - really smart fans who care a bunch but lack some of the access that the current me is now lucky to have. That is my only motivation or end game. I don't want praise, money, or adulation. I have been busting my butt for 3+ years now and obviously have none of the 3 and keep busting my butt, so that is proof enough that the above paragraphs are sincere.

Now, that's enough about McNamara!! So much more to be excited about!!!!
    @mcnamara247

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Last thing I will say - because this is such an exciting time and I should NOT be a topic of convo is that I think there is a generally misunderstanding about me.

I do NOT want to be a reporter. At all. I do not want to break stuff and get my name out there and get a bigger stage, etc. No desire. I am a fan. A fan who now has access I couldn't have dreamed of 5 years ago. I can call or email anybody at ESPN right now and get a response. I can get a guy like Amin on the podcast or call up Strauss for his take on Gentry or Erman. That's awesome. I can talk to Pels people. I can go into the locker room at games and ask guys questions.

I remember what it was like not having that 5 years ago, and I just want to share what I have. Other guys don't tell you all stuff because they don't want to look dumb when it doesn't happen - which it often doesn't. I couldn't care less. I do not want another job, so I can burn bridges with the T-P if I think it could lead to them stepping up their game or I can talk on a message board all day and be an "amateur"

Basically, when I write for you guys or post on here, I am imagining I am talking to a bunch of 'myself's' 5 years ago - really smart fans who care a bunch but lack some of the access that the current me is now lucky to have. That is my only motivation or end game. I don't want praise, money, or adulation. I have been busting my butt for 3+ years now and obviously have none of the 3 and keep busting my butt, so that is proof enough that the above paragraphs are sincere.

Totally respect that and I appreciate and enjoy everything you write and think you are fantastic at it. I will apologize about my tangent and I admittedly took it a bit too far.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Well resolved!

We appreciate everything you do, MM! This really is the beginning of the future for the Pelicans. I can already visualize the Pelicans taking that next step towards reaching the upper echelon of the NBA with the coaching staff they have assembled thus far.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I love it when beef can be settled amicably.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    What you just said MM is how I interpret what you do. And thank you for burying this saintsinNO

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Dude got hit with the ignore button and all of a sudden started talking all sweet....

hahahahahahahaha!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	don't tase me.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	5987

bravo.. keep up the good work. Btw if you used the ignore feature you missed your biggest fans apology, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    same name without 23 joined when we first acquired the team. Lost access to my old account due to forgetting my previous email

Well alright then.

Speaking of sources, the only source and only news I have ever broken was regarding Jrue's/ Max Unger's injuries which were shared with me by one of the trainers (who btw is soon to be moving on to another pro franchise). The inability to give up a sources name can be frustrating in establishing the credibility of the story, but if you reveal a name it's a house of cards, and all kinds of people are harmed. I don't blame MM for not giving up names.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Personally, I've never wanted names. It's kind of like when you buy weed from someone: you don't ask who the person got it from. As long as you can get yer weed, all is good! Pretty simple, huh!? MM's body of work speaks for itself.

Blog Entries
    Let's try to get back on topic or this is going to be hanging with Oscar the Grouch!
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

So Far we have:
    Alvin Gentry

Darren Erman

Robert Pack

2 More slots left correct? And just because im a cornball can we come up with a creative name for our extremley impressive coaching staff? I was thinking The Flock or Flap Pack or Free Birds or The Swarm.

Someone help me!
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 06-02-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Maybe 3. An offensive guy (the slot Igor was going to fill), a big man developer, and maybe 1 more. Maybe not. Some have 5, some have 6 coaches.

Maybe 3. An offensive guy (the slot Igor was going to fill), a big man developer, and maybe 1 more. Maybe not. Some have 5, some have 6 coaches.
    Think Vinson stays?

We we've had me kicked out of the special insider info forum before it opens, called names, told I'm not in the secret message club, threats about withholding info, and now ignore buttons.

Did I miss the part were anyone said McNamara doesn't gloat after news breaks or actually ever called something beforehand when he did? You know, actually shown what I'm saying isn't true? Didn't think so. Last night was the first time in a long time news broke and he didn't say or allude to knowing about it. I'm done here if he and his blind following are.
    "where" not "were" and I don't know what the hell "We we've" meant, but it is wrong.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-02-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Boasting/Gloating is the simple word I am using it to describe what I'm referring to, but I'm not implying he's disrespectful or malicious when doing it. But a guy with a following and who appears to want to be seen as a respected sports writer for the Pelicans shouldn't claim credit for knowledge of things routinely if he literally never actually puts himself out there and calls it and stands behind his source.

He may have sources, he may know things, but he may not. And you don't claim credit all the time if you also isolate yourself from being disproven, it's fraudulent. And I'm not going overboard, I've offered to bury it several times, but I'm going to address additional things said. No one has actually address my allegations, but want to keep defending him on other (irrelevant) grounds. I've also been here for quite some time. I respect your thoughts on it, but it is what it is.
    "addressed" not "address"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post

2 More slots left correct? And just because im a cornball can we come up with a creative name for our extremley impressive coaching staff? I was thinking The Flock or Flap Pack or Free Birds or The Swarm.

Someone help me!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freebirds2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	5988

Fabulous Freebirds

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Personally, I've never wanted names. It's kind of like when you buy weed from someone: you don't ask who the person got it from. As long as you can get yer weed, all is good! Pretty simple, huh!? MM's body of work speaks for itself.
    LoL

No need for the petty grammar corrections after we finally got saintsfanNO to chill out. You have too much free time if you are trying to instigate another stupid tangent

But, as long as you liked my other statement, we are all good!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    No need for the petty grammar corrections after we finally got saintsfanNO to chill out. You have too much free time if you are trying to instigate another stupid tangent
    Maybe it wasn't saintsfanNO that needed to chill out?

/othersideoftheargument

Thread Information