Pelicans Report

Thread: Bulls to name Hoiberg as coach

Bulls to name Hoiberg as coach

Looks like unlike us, they had clear direction on where to go after they fired thibs, and get the best option on the market..
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

I knew this for a while, stephen A Smith and JVG were speaking like he had already been hired... So guess we will see what we missed out on

I'm surprised that so many people thought he was a legitimate possibility. It seemed that the only worst kept secret than Thibs being fired was Hoiberg was their pick to replace him.

Well damn that sucks. Atleast I somewhat like the Bulls so I'm happy for the guy if this is the job he wants.

Bulls to name Hoiberg as coach

A Bleacher Report article, citing another Bleacher Report Article that talks about Thibs firing is and only has 1 line in the entire article about Hoidberg is the source? It wasn't even highlighted. I had to read it twice because I overlooked the line the first time I read it.

Here's the line:

"Barring any unforeseen snags, current Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg will be named the Bulls’ next coach, according to a source with ties to the team."

There's nothing new here. It's just click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    A Bleacher Report article, citing another Bleacher Report Article that talks about Thibs firing is and only has 1 line in the entire article about Hoidberg is the source? It wasn't even highlighted. I had to read it twice because I overlooked the line the first time I read it.

Here's the line:

"Barring any unforeseen snags, current Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg will be named the Bulls’ next coach, according to a source with ties to the team."

There's nothing new here. It's just click bait.
    although JVG and stephen a smith as i said , yesterday said it was official

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    although JVG and stephen a smith as i said , yesterday said it was official
    First Post: "Look at this source that shows Hoidberg to be hired. I knew it was happening because SAS talked like it was happening."

Second Post: "Ignore the giant click bait I posted which was just some stupid Bleacher Report I didn't even read. SAS and JVG said it was OFFICIAL yesterday."

:eye roll:

Maybe he gets hired by the Bulls. Maybe he doesn't. But nothing has broke that proves anything so far. The biggest news piece was he interviewed for the Magic job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    First Post: "Look at this source that shows Hoidberg to be hired. I knew it was happening because SAS talked like it was happening."

Second Post: "Ignore the giant click bait I posted which was just some stupid Bleacher Report I didn't even read. SAS and JVG said it was OFFICIAL yesterday."

:eye roll:

Maybe he gets hired by the Bulls. Maybe he doesn't. But nothing has broke that proves anything so far. The biggest news piece was he interviewed for the Magic job.
    I mean, if JVG is gonna say 'they better treat hoiberg better than they treated thibs' then went along talking about his heart conditions and how the bulls job might be too stressful for him..
    And now howard beck is reporting it.. is a much more viable source than how the other crap we see on P/R

If I were a Bulls fan I would be upset.

Sure they got the guy that we're all clamoring for but either they didn't even look at the other guys on the market or they treated their old coach terribly by lining this up before he was fired.

Would you rather get the coach everyone thinks is the best or would you rather your organization go out and interview and find the best coach for them?

And if a coach would rather go where he is familiar instead of where the talent and future lie then that's fine, good on him, that's his right to make that decision. It sounds more to me like we're doing our due diligence and they like shady deals to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I mean, if JVG is gonna say 'they better treat hoiberg better than they treated thibs' then went along talking about his heart conditions and how the bulls job might be too stressful for him..
    And now howard beck is reporting it.. is a much more viable source than how the other crap we see on P/R
    All of that would have been better sources than the highlighted article in the OP.

I still don't take what JVG says as much on this subject. He is basically competing against Hoidberg.

Meh. Hoiberg would have been a big upgrade. JVG and Gentry would also be big upgrades.

Why are you such a drama queen?

Yeah I saw that coming once Thibs got let go. The bulls are smart enough not to let a good coach go before hiring an even better one.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...ad-coach-offer

Now I haven't seen anything about us being interested in hoiberg, but I'm sure a lot of Knicks fans were quietly confident they were going to get Steve Kerr last year for the same reasons.

Thread Information