Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gentry has 2nd interview with Pels

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    How credible is Fletcher Mackel?
    Have you ever seen Deep Blue Sea with Samuel L. Jackson? I think it is an extremely underrated. It's one of those movies that makes you say WTF, but you stick with it and end up liking it.

Mackel is a tool. He very well could have seen Mark Ingram and confused him with Gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Let Dell get his guy. If we fall off next year, clean house and hope it doesn't sour AD on Nola and leaves.

Oh the pressure!
    I'm more than sure AD will have a say in personnel decisions. It would be stupid to not let the guy have a say like all other all-stars have on their team (CP3, Lebron, Wade, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I just don't see Dell hiring a coach with no NBA experience when his job is on the line. I know Hoiberg and Atkinson and all these other guys may be the next great coach in the NBA, but would you hire a rookie HC if you ha d1 year to prove yourself?

I think its out of Gentry and JVG.
    Frankly I was thinking about it today and I don't see Loomis and CO. allowing us to hire a guy without coaching experience.

1.) we have the vague but somewhat indicative statement from Demps that implied bringing in a veteran to get this team to the next level.

2.) We have pretty much exclusively talked to veteran coaches. At least based on reports.

3.) Demps isn't exactly secure in his job either

4.) Loomis and CO. have admitted they are not the most well educated Basketball minds.

To me all of that leads me to the conclusion that Loomis and Co. are probably allowing Demps to make his choice but want a guy with experience. Lets say things with Demps go south and we fire him, having a guy like Van Gundy, Gentry or Thibs can be pretty helpful in that transition.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    Interesting Alvin Gentry interview today on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...s-alvin-gentry
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Interesting piece on Gentry from an Arizona writer:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...enix/28120541/
    Both of these articles, more then anything else I have read, tilt my acceptance of Gentry as the likely head coach.

I think what caught my ear was the open-mindedness and the willingness to adapt and challenge himself. The dedication to winning and the praise of others.

As much as a I love JVG there is still a bit of his personality that I think is going to clash with modern basketball. Not a whole lot but just here and there. Like I know he will try and run a modern offense and a tough D but he has a bit of a hard headed streak that does worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I'm more than sure AD will have a say in personnel decisions. It would be stupid to not let the guy have a say like all other all-stars have on their team (CP3, Lebron, Wade, etc.).
    No doubt AD will be signing off on the coach. I don't think he's making the decision but I would be very surprised if he doesn't get some say so and give the final ok on the coach. No way they just blindly hire a coach without him being on board with it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Frankly I was thinking about it today and I don't see Loomis and CO. allowing us to hire a guy without coaching experience.

1.) we have the vague but somewhat indicative statement from Demps that implied bringing in a veteran to get this team to the next level.

2.) We have pretty much exclusively talked to veteran coaches. At least based on reports.

3.) Demps isn't exactly secure in his job either

4.) Loomis and CO. have admitted they are not the most well educated Basketball minds.

To me all of that leads me to the conclusion that Loomis and Co. are probably allowing Demps to make his choice but want a guy with experience. Lets say things with Demps go south and we fire him, having a guy like Van Gundy, Gentry or Thibs can be pretty helpful in that transition.
    For a second there I thought I was the only person that made sense of all of this.

Nobody else is reporting this info. Wojo has nothing about this as of 12 am. So right now we are going on Fletcher who was the only person that saw/heard Alvin Gentry was at the facility. Like one poster said it could have been Michael Lewis or Mark Ingram.
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-30-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Like one poster said it could have been Michael Lewis or Mark Ingram.
    No we don't all look alike.

jk

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    You sure Droopy!? Let's ask Samuel L Jackson what he thinks about that!

Thread Information