Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    1. Hoiberg
    2 a. JVG
    2 b. Atkinson
    2 c. Messina
    5. Gentry
    6. Malone

Staff could be the tie breaker for me, and even bump Gentry up
    With us having Jrue and Reke having Atkinson is very tempting. If he can get those 2 playing on another level then everything else will work itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why is Hoidberg off the table? Because of JVGs comments? I think anything he says needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Pretending Hoid to Bulls is a done deal just makes his chances increase.

As far as my top candidate, I couldn't possibly make an education decision on who to choose. I leave it up to Dell.

People that I like from what I've read however are JVG and Sean Miller. Also MM giving the info on Atkinson makes me like him quite a bit.
    Lots of media reports, from different sources, all seem to be confident Hoiberg to Chicago is basically a done deal.

As has been shown that may not be true(look at all the reports all over the map about the Pelicans interest in Thibs from the top guy to us not wanting anything to do with him to NO being Thibs preferred spot to not wanting to touch us).

But what is odd is there has been zero mention of Hoiberg and us.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 05-29-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Lots of media reports, from different sources, all seem to be confident Hoiberg to Chicago is basically a done deal.

As has been shown that may not be true(look at all the reports all over the map about the Pelicans interest in Thibs from the top guy to us not wanting anything to do with him to NO being Thibs preferred spot to not wanting to touch us).

I brought this up a few days ago, and still nothing. Has to be worrisome for the Hoiberlievers

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

This is why I am taking Hoiberg off the table. Every article mentioning the Bulls opening at HC goes strait to Hoiberg, while we aren't mentioned at all.

Keep him on your list if you want, but I am willing to put my mortgage (and yours) on Hoiberg not coming here due to these clues.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I never thought we had a snowball's chance at Hoiberg so him going to Chi was a foregone conclusion IMO.

If Dell is making this hire its gonna be a guy that HE wants (Gentry)

If Loomis is making this hire its gonna be a guy that HE wants (JVG).

*** All of the info above is my opinion I don't have any reason to think Gentry is Dell's guy, nor do I know for sure that JVG is Loomis' guy

My gut says that we're waiting for Gentry to finish with GS.

What indication is Atkinson, Messina, Malone (?), Miller options as our HC? The only names leaked were leaked because THEY wanted their name out there. We have every indication that the Pels aren't leaking anything.

Now I ask, who wants Hoidberg to the Bulls leaked? Him or the Bulls? If he wants the job, he already knows he is the main guy, no need to leak the info and get his current team (who I'm sure he is loyal to) upset in the process. I'd tend to believe he would actually not want anything to get out until it's announced and he has talked to his team.

This leaves the Bulls. To which I say OF COURSE they would leak this. They want Hoidberg and want his name associated with them as much as possible.

I have no doubt that the guy would do his due diligence and at least talk to the Pels about the job just like Dell is talking to everyone. I'm not saying he won't go to the Bulls, but Hoidberg's people have been EXTREMELY quiet and I don't really trust any information leaked by anyone not about themselves.

I don't think hoidberg would leak anything in case nothing actually happened. Or something very different. Wouldn't be so smart. The bulls, on the other hand...

The Franchise
    Man if we could get Hoiberg and Butler, Chicago would hate us forever.

@FletcherMackel: Can confirm Alvin Gentry in NOLA for 2nd interview w/ @PelicansNBA
    Jeff Van Gundy also still very much in mix.
    @timkawakami @ESPNSteinLine

Make of it what you will.

@FletcherMackel: Can confirm Alvin Gentry in NOLA for 2nd interview w/ @PelicansNBA
    Jeff Van Gundy also still very much in mix.
    @timkawakami @ESPNSteinLine

Make of it what you will.
    Hmm...

What indication is Atkinson, Messina, Malone (?), Miller options as our HC? The only names leaked were leaked because THEY wanted their name out there. We have every indication that the Pels aren't leaking anything.

Now I ask, who wants Hoidberg to the Bulls leaked? Him or the Bulls? If he wants the job, he already knows he is the main guy, no need to leak the info and get his current team (who I'm sure he is loyal to) upset in the process. I'd tend to believe he would actually not want anything to get out until it's announced and he has talked to his team.

This leaves the Bulls. To which I say OF COURSE they would leak this. They want Hoidberg and want his name associated with them as much as possible.

I have no doubt that the guy would do his due diligence and at least talk to the Pels about the job just like Dell is talking to everyone. I'm not saying he won't go to the Bulls, but Hoidberg's people have been EXTREMELY quiet and I don't really trust any information leaked by anyone not about themselves.
    I understand what your saying as I feel the same way about the Peter Vesey Tibs/AD rumor. Have to hear it from the horses mouth.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I wonder what AD thinks about all this?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

surprised that jvg is only 53.

I hope he is hired. I think he will focus on getting AD in to the post.....IMO

JVG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Thread Information