Pelicans Report

Thread: In other news: Dwyane Wade could be on the market soon?

NBA In other news: Dwyane Wade could be on the market soon?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...his-departure/

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...-it-doesn.html

The Heat and Dwyane Wade have been discussing potential resolutions of his contract situation and there’s a significant difference in what both parties believe he should be paid for the next three seasons, according to multiple sources.

Though Wade prefers to stay with the Heat, where he has spent his entire 12-year career, he is now open to considering other teams this summer if the Heat does not raise its offer, according to three sources with direct knowledge.

Wade must decide by late June whether to opt out of a contract that would pay him $16.1 million next season.

The Heat wants to keep him but believes that paying him what he’s seeking would dramatically reduce its flexibility to add additional players during the summers of 2016 and 2017.

Last summer, in order to give the Heat flexibility to augment its roster, Wade opted out of the final two years of a contract that would have paid him $41.6 million. He instead accepted a two-year, $31 million deal, which included a player option for next season at $16.1 million.

Wade said last summer that he was curious to see what he could command in the summer of 2016, when the cap is expected to skyrocket from $67 million to $89 million. That led to the belief that Wade would opt-in this summer.

But according to associates, Wade wants to opt out this summer, with the hope that the Heat would give him a lucrative three-year deal that would extend past his 36th birthday.

That does not appear to be the Heat’s preference. The Heat apparently would be content with Wade opting in for next season, then re-signing for good, but not huge, money for another two seasons after that.

He needs to retire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He still is a really good NBA player. I would rather him than Gordon. Wade can play defense. But only for a two year contract.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsPillowTlk View Post
    He still is a really good NBA player. I would rather him than Gordon. Wade can play defense. But only for a two year contract.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    He needs to retire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPillowTlk View Post
    Would rather just go after Dragic

He is going to want a 3-4 year deal (which he will get), and he will want top dollar (which he will get). If he bolts (which I doubt) he will be doing it more for money and security than for ring chasing purposes. People in Miami are really excited about the Heat next season as they could have a very good- great team. If Whiteside says on his current path, they have Dragic, Wade, Bosh, Dieng, Charlie Day...I mean McBob, and a top ten pick.

If he stays I put them at the top of the East (no matter the outcome of the Finals), and they can offer him the best money. I could see him trying to make a bolt for Brookly so he really can get paid Jay Z.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Wade is still good, and a team needing a SG should look into him. Problem is, I think he's going to want more than he's worth at this stage. He'll get it too.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I had a dream we traded for Kobe. But D-Wade in his prime was one of my favorite players.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Wade will stay in Miami.

They will work something out. He's the franchise.

I loved watching him play when he was healthy. That guy had a motor before his knees caught up with him.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I had a dream we traded for Kobe. But D-Wade in his prime was one of my favorite players.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I don't know why but if we get D-Wade I will do the chicken noodle soup like in some really random place lol Like on down the aisle at walmart or while waiting in line at Arby's. Maybe it's the flashbacks of him in his prime I'm seeing, but that seems long ago now...*sigh*

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information