Pelicans Report

Thread: MM wrote this Article in July of 2014. It explains...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

MM wrote this Article in July of 2014. It explains...

MM wrote this in July of 2014. It's in the weeds for the casual fan, but if one is interested in EXACTLY how MUCH $$$$ AD would/could be leaving on the table if he goes the way of Tibowdoe's camp thought process, & DOES NOT sign the offer sheet the Pels will present him One will quickly realize that a LABOTOMY is the only reason someone was leave that much money on the table. Unless AD hates this city(which he doesnt) or doesnt like the management(which is not the case).N.O. will have AD through at least 2021 & you can take that to the bank (as will AD)...:victory http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...eans-pelicans/

Man that guy is ahead of his time! That was written 10 months ago?? Seems relevant this summer

In all seriousness, one thing I must correct - I don't think AD is a lock to stay here until 2021. The last year will likely be a player option. And if things god bad, we might trade him the summer before that. But I would confidently say that even in a worst case scenario, we have him for 4 more years. Worst case
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 05-30-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just ain't wise to leave money on the table. AD seems pretty on it to me. He's here for a good lil' while.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Man that guy is ahead of his time! That was written 10 months ago?? Seems relevant this summer

In all seriousness, one thing I must correct - I don't think AD is a lock to stay here until 2021. The last year will likely be a player option. And if things god bad, we might trade him the summer before that. But I would confidently say that even in a worst case scenario, we have him for 4 more years. Worst case
    Wait a minute ! 5 more years,NO? Wouldnt his new 5 year contract start in 2016? He would have 1 left on this one, play 4 on the new one & then opt out/trade et al

Right. But I am saying, if you know he is leaving after year 4, you might trade him after year 3 like we did with CP3 or Minny did with Love. So, one plus three gives you a worst case scenario of 4 years

Right. But I am saying, if you know he is leaving after year 4, you might trade him after year 3 like we did with CP3 or Minny did with Love. So, one plus three gives you a worst case scenario of 4 years
    Well, if we are in that situation by then,to where AD wants to leave,then so am I !Season ticket holder since return from Katrina.If we screw this one up, there's now a direct flight to Memphis (50 minutes!) Go Grizzlies!

Say AD plays out the entire contract! 5yr-140-144 ! If we try and re-sign him, we still have a 1yr extender above any other teams offer? Is this correct? W/ the new $$$$$ Figures about to explode on the scene, what would be the $$$$ advantage offer for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Say AD plays out the entire contract! 5yr-140-144 ! If we try and re-sign him, we still have a 1yr extender above any other teams offer? Is this correct? W/ the new $$$$$ Figures about to explode on the scene, what would be the $$$$ advantage offer for us ?
    There will be a new CBA before that happens. Rules will change again

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well, if we are in that situation by then,to where AD wants to leave,then so am I !Season ticket holder since return from Katrina.If we screw this one up, there's now a direct flight to Memphis (50 minutes!) Go Grizzlies!
    If we can't put a championship caliber team around AD by 2019, I will be fine with him wanting out and I will wish him the best. A player doesn't owe a city his while career just because they happened to be the one whose lotto balls popped up

There will be a new CBA before that happens. Rules will change again
    Folllow, but what is the generic advantage for the team trying to re-sign FA ? If I recall, we were able to offer EG10 an extra yr & a couple million more than Pho.

Thread Information