Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tom Thibodeau rumored no interest in Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    We have to be honest here. If and I say IF, the FO can't make a winning team, Davis will leave, it's the reality.Anyway, if thibodeau really thinks it, better go elsewhere.
    Yes. In like six years. If Thibodeau really said that, he would have to have zero confidence in his ability to coach. Having a hard time buying this one.

interested or not, he was not going to receive this job
    good luck on Your vacation Thibs.

maybe You will replace JVG in ESPN

I wouldn't be surprised if Thibs people actually said this. Like I said before, it was them who leaked that "Pels are too cheap" junk a week ago. Now, this. When the truth is that Dell never had interest
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise
    I want JVG, this team needs a seasoned coach.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Thibs is mad because we probably told him we aren't interested in him as much as the initial blah blah media reports said we were.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 05-29-2015 at 10:51 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I won't even dignify that tweet with further response.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    I want JVG, this team needs a seasoned coach.
    They need a good coach. I don't care where his basketball knowledge comes from. Two coaches in Finals had zero games of NBA HC experience coming into this year. I am not saying that is a formula for success, I am just saying don't limit yourself by making sure you get a guy with this experience or that experience. Find the best fit

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They need a good coach. I don't care where his basketball knowledge comes from. Two coaches in Finals had zero games of NBA HC experience coming into this year. I am not saying that is a formula for success, I am just saying don't limit yourself by making sure you get a guy with this experience or that experience. Find the best fit
    Agreed.It helps to have lebron, irving, love, curry, klay, draymond..

I want gentry after watching this golden state run. He would work miracles with our offense
    I'm a grinder

Guys don't believe what some reporter looking for a story says this is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    I would be done with the sport. Not going to continue to watch if we are going to be the farm system for the large markets.
    This is how I feel to I would be done with basketball and I'm sure this team would lose its fan base period , New Orleans basketball would be over .

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Agreed.It helps to have lebron, irving, love, curry, klay, draymond..
    And AD.

Develop him fully and who the coach is during the actual game matters very little

Title should state. "The New Orleans Pelicans are not interested in coach Tom Thibodeau"

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Guys don't believe what some reporter looking for a story says this is ridiculous

Oh, I 100% believe the reporter was told that

I believe he was told that also. The media has built us up as the perfect landing spot. And imo when we show no interest at all his camp has to save face.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thibs people actually said this. Like I said before, it was them who leaked that "Pels are too cheap" junk a week ago. Now, this. When the truth is that Dell never had interest

So, do you think he would have made the "AD will likely leave comment?" I can understand the motivation to give a legitimate reason of why he wouldn't be interested, since it's so far fetched. Still, that's a pretty classless thing to say about a city/organization.

Oh, I 100% believe the reporter was told that
    Seems strange that he would get that, but no one else credible would?

JVG on new Chicago coach: "Hopefully they treat their next head coach better. You know, Fred Hoiberg and his staff. Fred's a good man, and he's a good coach, and I hope he gets treated well. I hope he gets treated really well"
    Frank Isola tweets

https://twitter.com/fisolanydn

Nobody really knows the truth but I can't imagine him taking himself out of the best available job by far that's open what Benifit would it be to him to do that and to make a comment about AD like that . Makes zero sense to me .

The NBA is the worst of the major sports in it's reports being ridiculously pro-big market biased. Of course theyre going to do everything they can to hope and wish AD leaves us for LA or NY - New Orleans just isnt a large, sexy media city.

But have we at least spoke with Thibs? I loved the "interview everyone" mentality that we had going. Why stop it?

Hoops Hype comments were not good on TT.

I haven't heard anything on S Miller, is he a candidate at all? Looks like it will be JVG or Gentry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Nobody really knows the truth but I can't imagine him taking himself out of the best available job by far that's open what Benifit would it be to him to do that and to make a comment about AD like that . Makes zero sense to me .

What are you talking about! ORLANDO has Disneyland! Denver averages 14ft. snow per year & POT. All we have is a neutral ground,poboys,JazzFest,Mardi Gras,French Quarter,Crayfish &&&& AD. So, how you conclude that this is the best landing spot for an NBA coach is beyond me!

Other than the source being flat out wrong, there's one other explanation: Dell has made it clear that he's not interested in Thibodeau. So, rather than having a team not interested in him, he's spinning it to look like he's not interested in us. Given how far fetched that is, he has to concoct an excuse. The best he could come up with is he's afraid of AD leaving. Seems pretty stupid considering that Orlando and Denver don't even offer a superstar, but hey, that's on him.
    Last edited by DarkHornet; 05-29-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Other than the source being flat out wrong, there's one other explanation: Dell has made it clear that he's not interested in Thibodeau. So, rather than having a team not interested in him, he's spinning it to look like he's not interested in us. Given how far fetched that is, he has to concoct an excuse. The best he could come up with is he's afraid of AD leaving. Seems pretty stupid considering that Orlando and Denver don't even offer a superstar, but hey, that's on him.
    Or maybe he feels his coaching style will run away superstars... They could have come up with something better than this...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs This is JUST SILLY to begin with ! This article is a circle of NO NEWS from Thibodoe camp!

Thread Information