Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Tom Thibodeau rumored no interest in Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Reason why I asked that question is because I was wondering if you guys would hate AD like some people do with Chris Paul
    In the way this is phrased? Astronomically more pissed.

I am not even mad at cp3. He left under what was a hopeless situation and did it in a very professional manner.

AD forcing himself out right now(which as I said is almost certainly 100% BS and likely made up) would gain no sympathy from me and quite a lot of disappointment in his character that by all accounts is near flawless for his age. Again, I think Vecsey is the sports equivalent of a wreck less tabloid journalist that is wrong 9 times out of 10 and typically that 10th time has more to do with statistical luck then being right.

Nobody ever said AD was forcing himself out. All Vecsey stated is what he heard from Thibs. A lot more people seem to think he said it then don't. I don't see what he would gain by saying Thibs made this statement when Thibs has the most to gain by this. The reporter never said AD was going to leave or anything like that. Vecsey is not predicting anything other than what he heard and it definitely sounds like something Thibs would come out and say because we have no interest giving him very little leverage. If he was so professional Thibs and his camp would have kept their mouths shut and let the management run their mouths but instead he went right along with them.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-29-2015 at 06:48 PM.

This news is encouraging because we should have no interest in him.

Why are people crapping all over Tibs when for all in tents and porpuses this is just a tweet to generate buzz for a dying reporter?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why are people crapping all over Tibs when for all in tents and porpuses this is just a tweet to generate buzz for a dying reporter?
    What does this reporter have to gain by saying this? It would make no sense for him to just make up a rumor that Thibs won't join the Pelicans because he believes AD is leaving. I'm not saying it's a guarantee he said it but I'm sure if he didn't he would have already released a statement that the report was complete false. Looks pretty bad on him to have something like this being said about him to a team that he mite have interest in. He deserves to be more than crapped on if this is true. Like I said I almost guarantee he would have already come out and with a statement how this is false.

What does this reporter have to lose by posting this? Reporters make crap up all the time.*cough* unnamed source*cough*. Until there is much reason to buy that jive, why buy it?

What does this reporter have to lose by posting this? Reporters make crap up all the time.*cough* unnamed source*cough*. Until there is much reason to buy that jive, why buy it?
    They do make up stuff but this isn't some headline grabber really. If he had come out and said something like Thibs heard from AD he mite be leaving and has no interest to coach the Pelicans because then I would most likely not believe it. Saying Thibs has no interest because he thinks AD will leave sounds like something that could have definitely come out of his mouth. Better for him to act like he has no interest then it getting out that we have none in him. If Thibs had interest in us and we were interested in him I guarantee he or someone in his camp would have already come out and said this is a bs fabricated rumor by the reporter. No way he would just let this get out if he didn't feel this way.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-29-2015 at 08:05 PM.

What does it benefit him to come out and feed the rumor more by denying it? How do we know it wasn't his competition for the job? How do we know that these 3 Napoleons I am looking to eat won't be the best desert I will eat tonight?

What does it benefit him to come out and feed the rumor more by denying it? How do we know it wasn't his competition for the job? How do we know that these 3 Napoleons I am looking to eat won't be the best desert I will eat tonight?
    You can say how do we knows all day long. What we do know is that a reporter has stated this wether it is true or not. This is the story we have and you can believe it or not. How does Thibs not benefit by shooting this story down? This would make him look terrible to our fan base and management if he came out and said this. It's not feeding a rumor at all by addressing it as false and coaches do this all the time of something with their name on it is said to the media. No way he lets this story circulate if we had interest and he did also.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-29-2015 at 09:27 PM.

He feeds the story by addressing it, just like every time any rumor is shot down it only feeds the cancer more.

The Napoleons were great btw.

WOW guys! One ****** bag "reporter" says one thing about AD leaving without any creditable source in an attempt to be relevant (not to mention from an A-hole coach with no connections with AD nor the Pelicans organization) and now people think AD is next to leave. Ever since he's been here everybody has said how much AD loves NOLA. I rather listen to people around him and the organization than from a reporter who doesn't know Thibs, AD, nor anybody in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    They do make up stuff but this isn't some headline grabber really. If he had come out and said something like Thibs heard from AD he mite be leaving and has no interest to coach the Pelicans because then I would most likely not believe it. Saying Thibs has no interest because he thinks AD will leave sounds like something that could have definitely come out of his mouth. Better for him to act like he has no interest then it getting out that we have none in him. If Thibs had interest in us and we were interested in him I guarantee he or someone in his camp would have already come out and said this is a bs fabricated rumor by the reporter. No way he would just let this get out if he didn't feel this way.
    The guy is a tabloid journalist, has been wrong more then he has been right and has basically burned every bridge he ever crossed.

Why do you think he is in anyway credible when more reputable places have not picked up it?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The guy is a tabloid journalist, has been wrong more then he has been right and has basically burned every bridge he ever crossed.

Why do you think he is in anyway credible when more reputable places have not picked up it?
    Usually when someone gets information it's not 10 people that get it. Most of the time it is one reporter that gets it and leaks it to others. Thibs isn't going to repeat the same thing over and over neither will his camp. Like I said why wouldn't Thibs come out and say that this is bs especially if it regards a team that he mite have interest in and vice versa. No way he would let this rumor sit out there if he never said a word like this. Sean Payton even addresses reporters when they say bs stuff about him or what's going on and he is definitely a lot more tight to the vest then Thibs. You are 100% sure that it is false so no need for me to even say anything further. To not think that this is a possibility is a little ridiculous. When Thibs comes out and says it is untrue then I won't believe Vecsey but until then I have no reason to believe he benefits by making this up at all when Thibs has a lot more to gain by making people believe he has no interest in us when I would bet it's the complete opposite.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-29-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    WOW guys! One ****** bag "reporter" says one thing about AD leaving without any creditable source in an attempt to be relevant (not to mention from an A-hole coach with no connections with AD nor the Pelicans organization) and now people think AD is next to leave. Ever since he's been here everybody has said how much AD loves NOLA. I rather listen to people around him and the organization than from a reporter who doesn't know Thibs, AD, nor anybody in the organization.
    No one ever said AD was going to leave except the report stating something that came from Thibs. The reporter simply said that Thibs stated he has no interest in the Pelicans because he believes AD will leave. No one ever said AD was the next to leave so read again.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-29-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Usually when someone gets information it's not 10 people that get it. Most of the time it is one reporter that gets it and leaks it to others. Thibs isn't going to repeat the same thing over and over neither will his camp. Like I said why wouldn't Thibs come out and say that this is bs especially if it regards a team that he mite have interest in and vice versa. No way he would let this rumor sit out there if he never said a word like this. Sean Payton even addresses reporters when they say bs stuff about him or what's going on and he is definitely a lot more tight to the vest then Thibs. You are 100% sure that it is false so no need for me to even say anything further. To not think that this is a possibility is a little ridiculous. When Thibs comes out and says it is untrue then I won't believe Vecsey but until then I have no reason to believe he benefits by making this up at all when Thibs has a lot more to gain by making people believe he has no interest in us when I would bet it's the complete opposite.
    The guy is a tabloid journalist. Is wrong 9 times out of 10z. Just recently tried to spread BS implying Dumars was likely the man behind the curtain in New Orleans right now.

The guy doesn't really have credibility.

Where did Tibs say this? Did it come from his mouth, or a "source"?

Come on guys, we're better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post

Guy is clownshoes. I take his insider info about as much as the guy from work that compulsively lies about sports rumors.

So now Peter is changing his story? He must have gotten killed on Twitter .

AD would only leave via free agency, if Thibs was hired. AD would average 45 minutes a game and have 10 years of wear and tear on his body after 2 seasons. Thibs is not a coach you want for a team with a young roster. I'd rather any other coach we've interviewed over Thibs.

Where did Tibs say this? Did it come from his mouth, or a "source"?

Come on guys, we're better than this.

Ive come to enjoy the wait game in the coaching search, now the overall crap from different media outlets has stressed me out and gave me headaches. Its time to take 5. Someone shoot me a inbox once we get our guy.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    what a rube (Vecsey, not Thibs).

I guess if he is hired we will see a lot of people walking back statements made in the heat of a Vesey tweet.

Tom Thibodeau rumored no interest in Pelicans

These guys don't have a clue , they are throwing out a guess so if it happens they can take credit for it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 05-30-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Thread Information