Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tom Thibodeau rumored no interest in Pelicans

Tom Thibodeau rumored no interest in Pelicans

Just heard on the radio that a reporter tweeted out Thibodeau said he has no interest in the Pelicans because he believes Anthony Davis will leave when his contract is up. What a jack*** thing to say. If the guy had any confidence in himself he would believe he could win to keep him here. If this is true he must be really salty that we don't want him and won't help drive his price up to other teams. Actually likes the guy but glad he won't get a chance to coach this team. I can't find the tweet and didn't recognize the name quick enough to get it down. It was on mad dog radio when someone called in about AD making the finals a few times in the next 8 years and this tweet about Thibs was mentioned.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-29-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Just wondering how would you guys feel if AD really left just saying... Not saying he will but what if he did
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Just wondering how would you guys feel if AD really left just saying... Not saying he will but what if he did
    It would easily be a 5-10 year set-back and would tarnish NOLA basketball until the end of time (assuming AD assumes "GOAT"-like status in the coming years).

Haha I would be pretty p***** off. Even if he does I think he it really unprofessional for a coach to actually say this about a player when it is nothing but speculation on his part. Now if this was a fact I could understand him saying it but that would still be unprofessional.

Peter Vecsey is the reporter who sent out the tweet. I don't know how to embed the tweet so if someone knows how to do it please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Peter Vecsey is the reporter who sent out the tweet. I don't know how to embed the tweet so if someone knows how to do it please do so.
    I got your back

Has a player ever declined a 5 year max deal after his rookie contract?

Van Gundy is one of Thibs' best friends. I have a hard time seeing those guys fighting for the same job.

Sounds like T.T. going to sit out this season and wait to see if the Lakers job becomes available next season.
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-29-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Lol he wont leave.. unless he wants to be public enemy number 1.. it would be worse than LeBron and lebron gave it atleast one max contract

plus, i doubt thibs said this, if so thats so disrespectful to our franchise.. hope he enjoys being jobless

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Lol it's the media, just remember all those legit sources during draft week, yeah they gotta make money somehow. Even if they have to be a ******, they say whatever they feel.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Lol it's the media, just remember all those legit sources during draft week, yeah they gotta make money somehow. Even if they have to be a ******, they say whatever they feel.
    Good point. I think Vecey or however you spell it maybe one of those New Orleans haters that are in the media. I know Stephen A Smith hates us. Doug Gotlieb with CBS radio is another New Orleans hater.
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-29-2015 at 01:11 AM.

It would suck, but I'd try my best to work out a sign and trade so that we wouldn't be left totally empty-handed. I mean if he wants to leave and there's nothing we can do to change his mind, then we'll have to do what we gotta do.

He seems enough of a ******* to actually have said something like that. No wonder his players ended up hating him

You are Thibs - You think that You are best coach available.

You are surprised that NO is not challenging You. For business purpose is it better to say?
    - no, I was not contacted by NO/ I was contacted by them but they decided other way (there is better candidate)

or

- well, I am not interested cause I feel something. Feel not means know. And he always defends himself. He will say it was taken from context or something.

For political reasons it is better not to mention money.

For me it is clear.

This guy doesn't have a clue. I'm convinced he is making **** up or has the worst sources alive.

Looking through his tweets he keeps bringing up Dumars possibly holding sway and wanting Woodson. Guy is clown shoes.

"Now, what hasn't earned my respect is his half-assed journalism. He's thrown 10 things against the wall his whole life, hoping one of them sticks. You know, Peter Vecsey's what's wrong with my business. He became one of these tabloid yahoos more concerned with being [first than right]. And he was enabled by the New York Post, a publication where the sports editor once told the new Knicks writer, Never be afraid to be wrong. Never be afraid to be wrong. Think about that. That's Peter Vecsey's legacy.
    Yeah, I'd wait for another source before taking this guys word for anything. Reading his tweets I get the same impression. Lots of stuff he throws out there that is pretty dumb and wrong.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Jersey burning. No question

#Let'sGoPels
    #WhoDatNation
    #GoRays

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I got your back

Lets be honest with ourselves...how accurate is Peter Vecsey??? I seriously doubt a coach would throw himself under the bus like that. I could be wrong, but it seems not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Lets be honest with ourselves...how accurate is Peter Vecsey??? I seriously doubt a coach would throw himself under the bus like that. I could be wrong, but it seems not likely.
    Also have to ask: what are the chances that this guy gets the scoop? All the NBA writers are following this coaching search closely. If there was any truth to this, shouldn't we also hear it echoed from some of the other sources? I mean when something as small as Skiles being interviewed broke, it was echoed up and down twitter. I've only heard this from this one source.

I would be done with the sport. Not going to continue to watch if we are going to be the farm system for the large markets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    No fully functioning human adult believes AD will turn down a 5 year max deal

We have to be honest here. If and I say IF, the FO can't make a winning team, Davis will leave, it's the reality.Anyway, if thibodeau really thinks it, better go elsewhere.

Thread Information