Pelicans Report

Thread: Not a NORMAL Coach's pick for Dell!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Not a NORMAL Coach's pick for Dell!

In this situation, I think Loomis would prefer an upbeat fanbase from the time of the announcement.
    Considering the casual fan will choose Tibs,because of instant name recognition & success. Along with us geeks understanding that Van Gundy is/was well established as a brilliant basketball mind(and took a pretty lousy team to the 2000 finals). I find the Gentry pick to be,if chosen,simply a Dell Pick for Dell.Gentry's positives do NOT generate enough space between the 3 perceived candidates to make him the choice
    Gentry will generate no FAN excitement & he may get booed faster than Monty did if we sputter from get-go.
    Thibs & JVG have enough perceived bona fides to w/stand early turbulence.Pain threshold for fans will be much higher for these 2 guys.Normally,I would say that fans should not SWAY a GM's pick,but in this situation,when the 2 entries,other than Gentry are better coaches,Dell better tread lightly if Gentry is chosen before Thibs or JVG.

If we're making this decision based off of fan excitement or anything other than what is best for the long term success of the team on the court, then Loomis and Dell is not doing their job. Pick the right coach and you keep AD, win, and that gets the fans. I'd be severely disappointed if they made a hire to appease fans. Fans are the worst ones to pick a coach.

If we sign gentry over thibs or jvg ill shoot someone

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    If we're making this decision based off of fan excitement or anything other than what is best for the long term success of the team on the court, then Loomis and Dell is not doing their job. Pick the right coach and you keep AD, win, and that gets the fans. I'd be severely disappointed if they made a hire to appease fans. Fans are the worst ones to pick a coach.
    The right coach is usually the more popular coach. In this case you go with JVG
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-28-2015 at 07:46 PM.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    please let it be me.

Vinny Dell Negro can be added to that list, this just keeps getting worse
    BTW Stephen A Smith and Van gundy basically saying hoiberg to the bulls is official

NBA

How RIGHT you are young man!! (or old)

Given im just a lowly H.S. coach who posts random garbage on here; but the ONLY subject ive never commented on is this coaching search.

Cause i got no idea who dell should pick. Its all about chemistry and personalities.... And swag

I mean, if youre choosing you have thr beliefs that you have in regards to building a championship team. ... A vision. You talk to some dudes and you see which of the coaches
    A. Share your vision
    B. Display the passion and creativity to make you believe in their vision while displaying the knowledge and fortitude to carry it out

Neither of which we are privy to.

Personally, i thought our team's akward construction is what doomed them. And thats on Dell. But hes calling the shots and even if its the GM's fault ITS NOT HIS VOICE THEY TUNE OUT. (he did recover nicely w qpon and cole). RIP Monty

In all sincerity i just want whoever chose rivers w the 10th pick of a loaded draft fired lol

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    How RIGHT you are young man!! (or old)

Given im just a lowly H.S. coach who posts random garbage on here; but the ONLY subject ive never commented on is this coaching search.

Cause i got no idea who dell should pick. Its all about chemistry and personalities.... And swag

I mean, if youre choosing you have thr beliefs that you have in regards to building a championship team. ... A vision. You talk to some dudes and you see which of the coaches
    A. Share your vision
    B. Display the passion and creativity to make you believe in their vision while displaying the knowledge and fortitude to carry it out

Neither of which we are privy to.

Personally, i thought our team's akward construction is what doomed them. And thats on Dell. But hes calling the shots and even if its the GM's fault ITS NOT HIS VOICE THEY TUNE OUT. (he did recover nicely w qpon and cole). RIP Monty

In all sincerity i just want whoever chose rivers w the 10th pick of a loaded draft fired lol
    I think Demps got an extension so it looks like we are stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    The right coach is usually the more popular coach. In this case you go with JVG
    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    You didnt fully read the post> There are other sentences than just the one you repeated!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You didnt fully read the post> There are other sentences than just the one you repeated!
    I read it. Doesn't change my opinion. I think if Gentry's the guy they feel is the best man for the job, he should get hired. Don't really care how much the fans like it.

Gentry=Monty. Great assistant not the best HC

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    This made me laugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    please let it be me.
    So did this...

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Gentry=Monty. Great assistant not the best HC
    The more I have looked into Gentry I don't think that is the case but i also still am not sold on him. At least not over the alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    please let it be me.
    Lmao!

Thread Information