Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bulls have fired thibs

NBA bulls have fired thibs

It's official now they have let him go.

Wonder if it throws a wrench in the Skiles to Orlando hire?

Also tucked away in the ESPN piece on Skiles implies our desire to interview as well
    The Pelicans' desire to interview Thibodeau for the post is well known in NBA coaching circles, but neither New Orleans nor Orlando has been willing to offer any compensation to the Bulls, who are seeking a future draft pick for the right to let Thibodeau out of the final two years and nearly $9 million remaining on his contract.
    Demps certainly isn't pigeon holing himself in any one direction. Although it does seem that he is looking toward veteran coaches and not rookies. But maybe that is only the names leaked so it gives a false picture.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Demps certainly isn't pigeon holing himself in any one direction. Although it does seem that he is looking toward veteran coaches and not rookies. But maybe that is only the names leaked so it gives a false picture.
    I'm certainly inclined to believe it has more to do with the leaks. I think now we have everything in place to make a decision now that Thibodeau is free to speak to anyone. Gentry would be the only coach still busy that I know of, but we've already interviewed him.

Hopefully he'll be our coach within a week . Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Once I saw this, I thought that the Pelicans will get him. If they do, I hope he does not run the team down physically.

Man I'd prefer JVG
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Man I'd prefer JVG
    I agree I would too, but unlike many on here I will not be upset if Thibs is the guy. I'm curious to know the staff both of them can assemble here.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Thibs or JVG, let's make it happen.

Team JVG

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I'm with you Metro i prefer JVG, Thibs scares me with the way he plays his starters and his wierd ways. It was reported that the guy has no life and that he has some strange antics, and i wonder just how well him and Dell will work together.

According to Hoops Hype, Gar Forman said that no team reached out to inquire about Thibs. Take that how you want to.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    According to Hoops Hype, Gar Forman said that no team reached out to inquire about Thibs. Take that how you want to.
    Seems to conflict with other reports and reports out of Orlando.

Frankly that organization doesn't have an ounce of respect or trust from me.

To me if they weren't seeking compensation(like he also denied doing) then they would of fired Thibs weeks ago.

To me there is no reason why they would ever admit they were doing what reports claimed because it would make them look bad.

I got this feeling we'll hire Gentry. Just a hunch

Banned
    Anyone read Chicago's statement? They must've really hated that guy. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Anyone read Chicago's statement? They must've really hated that guy. Ouch.
    Link it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Link it.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-...t-on-thibodeau

Wow. I know the chicago management is really poor but how much has thibodeau done to get them to write this? Smh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Wow. I know the chicago management is really poor but how much has thibodeau done to get them to write this? Smh
    That's what I mean. Wish him well and send him on his way, but that statement was bad. You can tell that the rumors of them wanting to hold him until all jobs were filled probably wasn't far off, but they probably didn't want to **** themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Seems to conflict with other reports and reports out of Orlando.

Frankly that organization doesn't have an ounce of respect or trust from me.

To me if they weren't seeking compensation(like he also denied doing) then they would of fired Thibs weeks ago.

To me there is no reason why they would ever admit they were doing what reports claimed because it would make them look bad.
    I can't link it but if you go to Hoops Hype rumor section, it's in there

Typical classless Chicago..praising him a couple years back, now burning him at the stake

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I got this feeling we'll hire Gentry. Just a hunch
    Not an upgrade though!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    For whatever reason, the media loves Thibs.

Clearly something happened in Chicago, and to point the finger only at the organization, without assigning some of the blame to Thibodeau is presumptuous, IMO.

I'd be cautious if I was the Pelicans organization and Dell Demps specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    For whatever reason, the media loves Thibs.

Clearly something happened in Chicago, and to point the finger only at the organization, without assigning some of the blame to Thibodeau is presumptuous, IMO.

I'd be cautious if I was the Pelicans organization and Dell Demps specifically.
    Maybe the media knows more inside facts being closer to this situation than the average fan! I don't know, maybe just maybe the Chicago Bulls brass have a history dating back to the Jordan days! #HintHint

Anyway, Thibs run his players into the ground, over coaching his players into hatred of him! Bump heads with his FO. Great coach though

Mark Jackson, player coach but bumped heads with the FO, after Mark Malone was the inside snitch that got caught! Great coach

Alvin Gentry, great offensive mind, great assistant coach, and great with players. Very average as a HC, too player friendly as a HC to demand the best from his players?

Who to choose?

Thread Information