Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Last night while everyone was being thrown off by Scott Skiles being leaked as a candidate to the Pels job, the Warriors put down the rockets like the owner of a horse on the track with 3 broken legs. Now we get to watch the Cavs take on the W's in what should be a fun and loose NBA Finals. I think the W's win in 5, but not because the Cavs are dealing with injuries (they would lose with or without Love), but because the W's are that hot right now.

Who do you have in this one?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

GSW in 6
    Lebron will win probably two games for the Cavs

Banned
    I like GS in 6. I did not think their shooting style was suited for the playoffs, but they have been great. They get after it on D all game, as well; they didn't quit even in the last few minutes last night in a blowout. I don't think the Cavs can hang, though I never like to count Lebron out. Dubs in 6.

Also like GS in 6. Too long, deep, and talented.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I hope the break gives the Cavs some time to get healthy. If Kyrie is gimpy this series will be over quickly. Cavs D has looked good throughout the playoffs but the Celtics, Bulls, and injured Hawks are going to look like d-league offenses compared to what they'll face in GSW. I hope the Cavs make a series out of it but I can't see this one going more than 6 games.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Have to worry about Klay's health now. Might not pass concussion protocols. But if healthy I think GS takes it for sure, too much talent. It will go to 6 games possibly 7.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I think LeBron finally wins a Finals he was supposed to lose.

Theres a player on the Cavs who is unlike any player GS has had to defend all series and his presence will single handedly keep GS from deploying their killer position-less small ball team that has destroyed opponents in the playoffs. Well keeping them at least from deploying it as much as they want.

Tristan Thompson. This guy is going to swing an NBA Finals. I cant believe I am saying this, but in my opinion its absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I think LeBron finally wins a Finals he was supposed to lose.

Theres a player on the Cavs who is unlike any player GS has had to defend all series and his presence will single handedly keep GS from deploying their killer position-less small ball team that has destroyed opponents in the playoffs. Well keeping them at least from deploying it as much as they want.

Tristan Thompson. This guy is going to swing an NBA Finals. I cant believe I am saying this, but in my opinion its absolutely true.
    He's one of my favorite players to watch on their team. It's an interesting observation for sure. He might force them to play Speights more (provided he can go), which could kill their ability to play small ball for longer stretches.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 05-28-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Warriors in 5

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Warriors in 5
    BAM

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Warriors.

I think Cavs are too beat up and the East has not prepared them for what awaits.

The Warriors are LEGIT historic this season.

Weren't we the only team that didn't get blown out by them in the playoffs?
    I mean, we still got beat 4 in a row but none were blowouts.

There is also the matter of knees and Dellavedova. If he can get you in that figure four leg lock, he can turn the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Warriors.

I think Cavs are too beat up and the East has not prepared them for what awaits.

The Warriors are LEGIT historic this season.

Weren't we the only team that didn't get blown out by them in the playoffs?
    I mean, we still got beat 4 in a row but none were blowouts.
    Golden State hasn't played a team like the Cavs either. They played a short-handed Pels, short-handed Griz, and a very short-handed Rockets team. The Cavs can score with them and they have the biggest mismatch. If Kyrie can be 75% of his normal self, the Cavs can win. Also, there are a bunch of Cavs that have been here before and won vs the Warriors who have none. This will not be easy for the Warriors
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He's one of my favorite players to watch on their team. It's an interesting observation for sure. He might force them to play Speights more (provided he can go), which could kill their ability to play small ball for longer stretches.
    Speights is injuried.

It's weird my brain says Warriors in 5 and my intuition says Cavs in 7.

Thread Information