Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bulls may fire Tom Thibodeau soon?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    What about the part where the Pels players didn't want him here?
    Where is this story?

Thibs is the best coach for this team at this present time , I hope this entire coaching search isn't left totally up to Dell if it is were in for a disappointing future . I think good coaches should have say so in their personel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think good coaches should get along with players for more reasons than just winning...also they shouldn't run their players into the ground every season or so

All-Star
    I am probably in the minority on this board but I believe Demps will give up a good deal (but not all) control over personnel decisions to a HC with a good track record, if Demps believes he can work with him, and if the two of them are simpatico on the strategy for the team's short and long term future. Demps knows he needs a deep playoff run to keep his job. And everyone wants to do all they can for Benson to see his NBA franchise win a championship. And what an achievement for Loomis. GM and President of a Super Bowl winner and President of an NBA Champion! I believe the number of people who have achieved that is zero. I know people on this board know Demps personally. In the opinion of someone who has never met him, I do not believe he will let his ego or need for control get in the way of bringing in a coach who gives the Pels a good chance of a deep playoff run. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I think good coaches should get along with players for more reasons than just winning...also they shouldn't run their players into the ground every season or so
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Not sure you thought this one through. Phil Jackson wasn't exactly BFF's with a lot of his players. Riley was notoriously accused of running down the showtime Lakers with his relentless intensity.

Hate Thibs for legitimate reasons but a few players not liking him on exit interviews seems like a reach. I can think of a few guys here that probably weren't happy with Monty.

Thibs doesn't run his players down that is a myth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    You must have caught something I didn't. Where did Pelicans players say they didn't want Thibodeau?
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Where is this story?
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Per Joel Meyers on NBA Radio, there were several players that didn't endorse Thibs in their exit interviews. If you have Sirius, Joel is going to talk about it. It's not good when the players don't want to play for a "Top 5" coach. I hope that he gets nowhere near the Pels organization. #NotAFan

They also said that the Bulls will make a move by Friday (tomorrow)

That's Bulls players. You said Pels players.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-told-he-wont/

Furthermore, according to multiple sources, some players didn’t endorse Thibodeau’s return in exit meetings with management.

In fact, according to sources, some players have been making separate offseason plans for several summers instead of working out formerly at the Berto Center and now the Advocate Center to get a break from Thibodeau, who rarely leaves the practice facility.
    Last edited by DarkHornet; 05-28-2015 at 01:21 PM.

A team with a history of injury problems and a coach who wears players out?

What about the part where the Pels players didn't want him here?
    ??? Quit reading Nola.com

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    That's Bulls players. You said Pels players.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-told-he-wont/
    Yeah I was trippin earlier I meant Bulls. Long day.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    ??? Quit reading Nola.com
    I haven't been on NOLA in a good 8 years.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    To clarify, I don't dislike thibs. I'd just rather have Hoiberg or JVG. If we hire Thibs I'll still be excited.

Upgrade without a doubt.
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Fwiw

Check out @Probballdraft's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Probballdraft/st...03868234526720

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Not sure you thought this one through. Phil Jackson wasn't exactly BFF's with a lot of his players. Riley was notoriously accused of running down the showtime Lakers with his relentless intensity.

Hate Thibs for legitimate reasons but a few players not liking him on exit interviews seems like a reach. I can think of a few guys here that probably weren't happy with Monty.
    While I agree to some extent I also believe we are dealing with an entirely new player now and you need someone who can reach them. While I'm not anti Thibs I do have JVG ranked higher for the simple reason that I think he will be able communicate better with his team.

If I wanted a coach for only 1 or 2 years I'd probably pick Thibs because he could whip them into shape. However I want a long term solution and I fully believe Thibs would wear on this team just like the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    While I agree to some extent I also believe we are dealing with an entirely new player now and you need someone who can reach them. While I'm not anti Thibs I do have JVG ranked higher for the simple reason that I think he will be able communicate better with his team.

If I wanted a coach for only 1 or 2 years I'd probably pick Thibs because he could whip them into shape. However I want a long term solution and I fully believe Thibs would wear on this team just like the Bulls.
    That's my thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Amen to that

Odesláno Tapatalkem za použitÃ** mojÃ** vlastnÃ** želvy

Thread Information