Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bulls may fire Tom Thibodeau soon?

NBA Bulls may fire Tom Thibodeau soon?

Sounds like the Bulls just want to put an end to all this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ching-position

ESPN.com reported earlier Wednesday that the Bulls, unable to generate any interest on the compensation front, are giving increasing consideration to simply firing Thibodeau to bring an end to their highly successful but oft-contentious partnership over the past five seasons.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-tom-thibodeau

The Chicago Bulls are giving increasing consideration to firing coach Tom Thibodeau and absorbing the corresponding financial hit, according to league sources.

Still saw that they may wait out the Pelicans, Magic, and Nuggets coaching searches. They need to give it up already.

Another rumor going around is that the Lakers,Wizards could enter the sweepstakes.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-couple-days/

Randy Wittman? Byron Scott? Dwayne Casey? Derek Fisher?

With this description, it could be anyone.

I wouldn’t take Sheridan as gospel, but he’s right often enough that I think the report is worth sharing. He’s putting his credibility on the line with this.

Let the speculation begin.

Probably he thinks about Thibs. So this is not news...
    Typical Sheridan news

Thibs in Washington might be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Still saw that they may wait out the Pelicans, Magic, and Nuggets coaching searches. They need to give it up already.
    I hope they wait that much tbh

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Another rumor going around is that the Lakers,Wizards could enter the sweepstakes.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-couple-days/
    I don't believe anything Chris Sheridan says.

I can't believe that the Wizards would be rid of Wittman just to bring in Tibs, but then again I am not a Wiz fan, so what do I know about them other than the fact that they have performed well in the playoffs the last two years.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Per Joel Meyers on NBA Radio, there were several players that didn't endorse Thibs in their exit interviews. If you have Sirius, Joel is going to talk about it. It's not good when the players don't want to play for a "Top 5" coach. I hope that he gets nowhere near the Pels organization. #NotAFan

They also said that the Bulls will make a move by Friday (tomorrow)
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Per Joel Meyers on NBA Radio, there were several players that didn't endorse Thibs in their exit interviews. If you have Sirius, Joel is going to talk about it. It's not good when the players don't want to play for a "Top 5" coach. I hope that he gets nowhere near the Pels organization. #NotAFan

Yesterday NO Bronco asked why people are good with Van Gundy and not Thibodeau. This is it for me. There's just too much smoke around Thibodeau for me to be comfortable with him. Unfortunately, it doesn't have anything to do with on the court. I could just see it being a dumpster fire level disaster. I don't have that feeling with any other candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post

I like Thibs, but I just don't think he's top of our list like many reports made it seem like early on.

He's officially fired now according to nba.com

Good move by the Bulls. Lord please no Thibs in Nola. That's all I ask. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Good move by the Bulls. Lord please no Thibs in Nola. That's all I ask. Thank you.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    People acting like Thibs is a bad coach SMH. Dudes a damn good coach just wasnt on the same page as the owner and gm.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Please no. But I guarantee he gets an interview with Dell.

Please get Hoiberg, Dell. You can do it!
    Wherehappens.

All-Star
    Well, I guess due diligence calls for Demps and Loomis to interview Thibodeau. With his credentials and achievements as both an assistant and HC I would want to hear his ideas for the future of AD and the rest of the team. But I would rather Atkinson, JVG or Hoiberg. I just get the feeling he should have had much more success with that group of players, even with the injuries. And I also get the feeling that, despite his success on the court, neither the Bulls players nor the FO are sad to see him go. When a coach wins but his organization does not want to keep him, that is a big red flag.

I can't expect the Bulls players to come out guns blazing endorsing the guy. None of our guys came out publicly and endorsed Monty, and how many players do endorse their coaches? They have a contract with the team, not the coach.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Lol, I worry about our fans sometimes

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    It's a done deal - http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...h-five-seasons

So basically we have our pick between Thibs & JVG (unless Dell prefers Gentry which would surprise me).

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    It's a done deal - http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...h-five-seasons

So basically we have our pick between Thibs & JVG (unless Dell prefers Gentry which would surprise me).
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dell went away from JVG or Thibs. I think they'll want more control than he'd be willing to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dell went away from JVG or Thibs. I think they'll want more control than he'd be willing to give up.
    Thibs I could see given how his tenure at Chicago went but ultimately I think what he wants and what he settled for will be different.

He isn't getting that control anywhere except maybe Orlando but Orlando would be an odd choice with NO and supposedly LA in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    People acting like Thibs is a bad coach SMH. Dudes a damn good coach just wasnt on the same page as the owner and gm.
    What about the part where the Pels players didn't want him here?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    What about the part where the Pels players didn't want him here?
    You must have caught something I didn't. Where did Pelicans players say they didn't want Thibodeau?

Thread Information