Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let us be a nola.com free forum!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I've wondered the same. I can only assume it's personal.
    It is. And you can bet it has a lot to do with the Advocate overtaking the times picayune as la, number one news paper, and the good relationship the Advocate has with Tom Benson and his organization's.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Yeah. I'm aware. He also writes for the TP. Crazy right?

Jk.

Some people have the same name. Ever seen the ESPN commercial with the white guy named Michael Jordan and when everyone meets him they're disappointed because they were expecting THE Michael Jordan? Yeah...

I had a boss named Michael Jackson. He wasn't the king of pop, just had the same name.
    So the T.P. has an Eric Holder and a Larry Holder?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Jk.

Some people have the same name. Ever seen the ESPN commercial with the white guy named Michael Jordan and when everyone meets him they're disappointed because they were expecting THE Michael Jordan? Yeah...

I had a boss named Michael Jackson. He wasn't the king of pop, just had the same name.
    The Nola guy is Larry, not Eric Holder.

What's this nola.com you people talk about? Another board or some newspaper website?

never heard of it

[joke]

I try avoiding Nola.com, but the BR app always tricks me into clicking their links. I need to see where the article comes from before clicking.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

curious what Nakia Hogan is doing now

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Jk.

There is no Eric Holder. It's Larry Holder. I agree with Duncan and Smith those 2 I just ignore but Holder and Kat actually contribute good info.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    There is no Eric Holder. It's Larry Holder. I agree with Duncan and Smith those 2 I just ignore but Holder and Kat actually contribute good info.

Larry. I just took a year of Civics, so pardon my mistake. Kat is so frustrating. I don't find her articles informative and she always ask Sean Payton injury questions even though she knows he won't answer them. It's become a running joke. I just don't think she's well informed. With Larry, he tweets the dumbest stuff about the Pelicans and he'll be the first to admit that he doesn't know what he's talking about. For me, that's frustrating because there are people who follow him who trust his opinion and may not know much about the Pels and now they probably believe what he said and reciprocate it. For Saints info, check Nick Underhill for the Advocate. He's much better than anyone from NOLA.com/TP and of course Mike Triplett is the goat. For a Pels news, there's only one site I can reccommend: Bourbon Street Shots.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

This was his last tweet.

So we know he's staying off Twitter.

And for all this time when someone mentioned this nakia i always thought it was a woman. Damn.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Larry. I just took a year of Civics, so pardon my mistake. Kat is so frustrating. I don't find her articles informative and she always ask Sean Payton injury questions even though she knows he won't answer them. It's become a running joke. I just don't think she's well informed. With Larry, he tweets the dumbest stuff about the Pelicans and he'll be the first to admit that he doesn't know what he's talking about. For me, that's frustrating because there are people who follow him who trust his opinion and may not know much about the Pels and now they probably believe what he said and reciprocate it. For Saints info, check Nick Underhill for the Advocate. He's much better than anyone from NOLA.com/TP and of course Mike Triplett is the goat. For a Pels news, there's only one site I can reccommend: Bourbon Street Shots.
    So anyone looking to Holder for Pelicans tweets should just stop. He's a Saints reporter only talking about Pelicans because it's the same city as the Saints. For Saints info both are pretty knowledgeable, but I don't read any of nola.com's articles unless sometimes they talk about cap numbers and things. But for Saints fans just wanting to know what's going on with the Saints day-to-day operations, Both Holder and Kat are good follows.

Blog Entries
    While I'm not a fan at all of nola.com, and would obviously like to see less of their garbage reposted, they do occasionally write something decent. I thought they did a fair job covering the Benson purchase, for example. As such, I'm opposed to a blanket ban, but definitely would like it if we were a bit more discerning about what we post from there.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm a fan of Larry Holder. As far as Saints coverage goes I think he's one of the best we have. He used to cover the Pelicans even more before he joined nola.com, and I always enjoyed reading his opinion.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I've mentioned it before, but I think that we need an area on the front page that posts the majority of Pels related articles, no matter the source. The tweet thing is mostly a waste of space, imo

I actually think as far as the Saints are concerned the TP has done a good job covering the team. A lot of people bash Duncan, but he's trying to stay away from the biased point of view. Holder is pretty good also. Its a different story when the TP reports on the Pelicans, that has been abysmal. Analysis wise and reporting, they are the last place I look for Pelicans news.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPillowTlk View Post
    I actually think as far as the Saints are concerned the TP has done a good job covering the team. A lot of people bash Duncan, but he's trying to stay away from the biased point of view. Holder is pretty good also. Its a different story when the TP reports on the Pelicans, that has been abysmal. Analysis wise and reporting, they are the last place I look for Pelicans news.
    Defending Goodell was a bad mistake for Duncan. Duncan always defends Goodell.There is also an Duncan article out there on Pelicans game attendance .

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPillowTlk View Post
    I like Holder, but regarding Duncan: I'm sorry. He takes the contrary point of view, not the "unbiased" one. He has such a hard on for the organization and front office, he's the Saints equivalent of Jimmy Smith at TP.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I've been on strike against them since they stopped their daily service and fired a bunch of good people.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Trolling message boards

Thread Information