Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let us be a nola.com free forum!

Let us be a nola.com free forum!

I will no longer post articles from nola.com. Several forum members have brought to my attention the poop that reeks from these authors mouths. I even got caught up in the mess in an argument with a forum member a while back. I now agree with M.M. and will use the Advocate and B.S.S. to get my sources. Will you join me in making this forum no more nola.com? I believe I'm making a change for the better!
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-27-2015 at 05:59 PM.

The Revolution.....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The Revolution.....
    If everyone on this site stops reading Pels coverage on NOLA, it will cut their readership by 1/2 !

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Get the comment section on the Advocate rolling and I'm on board. Nola.com is the only pelicans access I have during my long 10 hour work day. Only reason I post there, even as little as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I will no longer post articles from nola.com. Several forum members have brought to my attention the poop that reeks from these authors mouths. I even got caught up in the mess in an argument with a forum member a while back. I now agree with M.M. and will use the Advocate and B.S.B. to get my sources. Will you join me in making this forum no more nola.com? I believe I'm making a change for the better!
    I'm assuming you meant BSS. But I agree nola.crap is not the place to go for any legitimate info. It's more gossip.

I'm on board being as I never go there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    I'm assuming you meant BSS. But I agree nola.crap is not the place to go for any legitimate info. It's more gossip.
    Yeah. I corrected it. Thanks!

How about we become a 4Real Free zone. Just too many opinions and expects everyone to see things his way. If you don't like Nola.com then don't read it or complain to them not us. I for one do find value in their stuff and personallyknow much of the staff. They may not be perfect but are good hardworking people.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    How about we become a 4Real Free zone. Just too many opinions and expects everyone to see things his way. If you don't like Nola.com then don't read it or complain to them not us. I for one do find value in their stuff and personallyknow much of the staff. They may not be perfect but are good hardworking people.
    Jimmy is that you? Why do you ban everyone that disagrees with your articles?

You're targeting the wrong person. 4Real's been one of the posters who's shared the most stuff from nola.com lately. I don't care what they are like on a personal level, the stuff they produce is crap.

I've never read an article from Nola.com. I look at all you other people as the reason they're still in business. *glare*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    You're targeting the wrong person. 4Real's been one of the posters who's shared the most stuff from nola.com lately. I don't care what they are like on a personal level, the stuff they produce is crap.
    They also pose as a "free speech zone" but if you dont agree w/them,they send you to the Gulag!They have no problem w/freedom of expression--as long as it is their POV!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    The AD/Pierre vid w/ the JVG 3D vid was priceless together! It infers subliminally that Pierre/JVG are scaring AD Proof

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Dont take it personal, bruh. Many people are hard working but it doesnt make them good skillwise. Plus those good people have no problem with putting their goodness aside to further their agenda against the Pels.

I'm not saying they don't have an agenda because they're pretty obviously trying to make Dell look like a power hungry dictator. But what do they get out of pushing that sort of agenda? I just don't see the point from their end.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    I'm not saying they don't have an agenda because they're pretty obviously trying to make Dell look like a power hungry dictator. But what do they get out of pushing that sort of agenda? I just don't see the point from their end.
    I've wondered the same. I can only assume it's personal.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    They get stories and headlines that brings people in to read false stuff. I wouldn't even know what they post because I know I'll find everything here I need. Always see people bashing them but I honestly would have no idea what they write and I'll keep it that way.

The teams of BSS and TBW, plus this forum has made me a more knowledgeable fan. So thanks for that. As for TP, I stop following them bc everything seem to be negative, which is terrible. For example, beginning of the year, oh the Pels are done, while you got guys like MM that just kept preaching let's let this thing play out. I may not post much, but I do enjoy the reads on this forum.

I'll be using atthehive, hornets247, and hornetshype.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Ever since Mike Triplett left, NOLA.com's collection of Saints/Pels writers has been horrendous. Jeff Duncan, Eric Holder, Katherine Terrell, Jimmy Smith, and John Reid all make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Ever since Mike Triplett left, NOLA.com's collection of Saints/Pels writers has been horrendous. Jeff Duncan, Eric Holder, Katherine Terrell, Jimmy Smith, and John Reid all make me want to bang my head against a wall.
    Uhh, Eric Holder was Attorney General of the United States .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Uhh, Eric Holder was Attorney General of the United States .
    Yeah. I'm aware. He also writes for the TP. Crazy right?

Jk.

Some people have the same name. Ever seen the ESPN commercial with the white guy named Michael Jordan and when everyone meets him they're disappointed because they were expecting THE Michael Jordan? Yeah...

I had a boss named Michael Jackson. He wasn't the king of pop, just had the same name.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Those others, sure. But what's Katherine Terrell done wrong? She does decent twitter updates, nearest I can tell.

Thread Information