Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looks like EG's heart is in NOLA

Looks like EG's heart is in NOLA

More like his check is here and so he knows what's best. Lol.

Still. I hope he leads the league in 3pt % next year and takes as many as Curry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post

I posted on this indirectly earlier! EG!) might be here for the longHaul, now! Gentry was coaching PHX, when they offered him a max Deal, that we so brilliantly matched !

Ugh. Looks like we will have to wait another season before finally get of rid of this useless guy hogging up all the cap space.

So opt out and sign a 10M per year contract to help this team build.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So opt out and sign a 10M per year contract to help this team build.
    W/ the salary structure bumping, if EG10 has another bang up year shooting 3's & believe me, he's gonna have a WHOLE BUNCHA CHANCES! If he hits the market for 10 mill., I'm re-signing him !

Gordon will do really well in Gentry's system. I don't mind if he stays a few more months
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Gordon will do really well in Gentry's system. I don't mind if he stays a few more months
    I'm telling ya, Gentry loves him (offered him Max deal at PHX )! So, now he has EG10 & AD Proof ! Good lawd, he's hit the jackpot!

Stay for the whole season MM. resign him to a good deal, his a starting SG who really isn't at his prime yet, if he can stay healthy, gain confidence and work hard to regain his athleticism the skys the limit

Also, looks like EG heart belonged to gentry this whole time

MM. Of what you know of Gentry do you see any major moves with the players under contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Also, looks like EG heart belonged to gentry this whole time
    Joe Louis was 137 years old when he fought Rocky Marciana

EG will be great in Gentry system but also having Tyreke start would be nice too. Jure and Gordon aren't really pace pushers and Tyreke is the guys is who usually gets the ball and full sprints down court.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    MM. Of what you know of Gentry do you see any major moves with the players under contract?
    I really don't. I don't see anyone but AD as untouchable, but I think they run it back unless something great is available

Like a lot of topics recently I will remain the contrarian. If Gordon can't be packaged for a really great deal(no one is untouchable in my mind except AD) I am fine signing him to a much more reasonable contract to be our 3 and D SG going forward. Granted he stays healthy. Something I am not exactly over 50% confident he can do yet. But more then I was in years past.

I really don't. I don't see anyone but AD as untouchable, but I think they run it back unless something great is available
    Hey, Gentry's Contract! 4yr 13.75 mill! Lil less than 3 1/2 mill per yr! good signing

I just hope Gentry can teach our guards to run a fast break. Every time I see a oop pass from Tyreke to Davis
    I hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Joe Louis was 137 years old when he fought Rocky Marciana
    That's old.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    EG will be great in Gentry system but also having Tyreke start would be nice too. Jure and Gordon aren't really pace pushers and Tyreke is the guys is who usually gets the ball and full sprints down court.
    We must not be watching the same Pelcians team and REKE. Cause when I watch the Pelcians I am screaming at the tv screen for a Reke to stop walking the dam ball up the court every dam time. Reke is not the one who always full sprints down the court. Atleast not with the a Pelicans I watch. We may be watching 2 separate teams.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Like a lot of topics recently I will remain the contrarian. If Gordon can't be packaged for a really great deal(no one is untouchable in my mind except AD) I am fine signing him to a much more reasonable contract to be our 3 and D SG going forward. Granted he stays healthy. Something I am not exactly over 50% confident he can do yet. But more then I was in years past.
    the question is, is he good at D?

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    We must not be watching the same Pelcians team and REKE. Cause when I watch the Pelcians I am screaming at the tv screen for a Reke to stop walking the dam ball up the court every dam time. Reke is not the one who always full sprints down the court. Atleast not with the a Pelicans I watch. We may be watching 2 separate teams.
    Who do you think that contributed to? Monty. Tyreke saying is no stopping at stores. Monty tells them play slow so he can call plays.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    the question is, is he good at D?
    When he isn't asked to play out of position I think he is decent enough. Gordon will never be able to guard the Westbrook's and shifty PG's of the league effectively like he was asked last year due to Jrue being injured and Evans being garbage. Which I think contributed to the reputation people had with him. That plus Monty putting the brunt of trust in him over anyone else. He is willing and trying to improve. In spite of his injuries he has the athleticism to do it. That is the biggest hurdle with making someone a good defender IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    More like his check is here and so he knows what's best. Lol.

Still. I hope he leads the league in 3pt % next year and takes as many as Curry.
    Nobody will be taking as many 3s as Curry. He's shoots off the dribble and also gets lots of spot ups.

I think so also. It's a perfect fit for him. He's like a shorter Klay Thompson in our system from the 3 line. Of course they are different but we can use him similiarly on the spot up 3.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He doesn't play any D. That's his biggest problem outside of shooting off the dribble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information