Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Predict the Pels starting five and head coach.

Predict the Pels starting five and head coach.

Whoever guesses the roster (not starting five) and coaching spot 100% correctly, I will take you and treat you to dinner at Ruth's Chris.

Gentry as coach

jrue
    gordon
    dunleavy
    AD
    R Lopez

JVG
    Jrue
    Reke
    Quincy (want Danny green)
    Franchise
    Asik (I want Monroe)

Bench of cole lexi Dante

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    What do you think we could do to acquire him? Ryno and more?
    Acquiring Carroll.

Carroll is a free agent.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    We can't afford him

Would love Carroll to but think it's unlikly. Would love Danny Greene to but don't see it happening. It all involves around moving Gordon for miminal return

I'd love to get rid of Gordon, but the realist in me says that we're stuck with him at least until the trade deadline. There are a bunch of restricted FAs out there, so I won't even dream about signing any of them, but there are a few unrestricted that I'd like for us to at least take a look at that we can fit into our tight cap.

Jrue
    Gordon
    Mike Dunleavy / Omri Casspi / Wes Johnson
    AD
    Robin Lopez / Brandon Wright

Since the tea leaves tell me that Gentry is gonna be our coach... these are the players that I'd start if he were our coach.

- Mike Dunleavy is a solid vet that can play a little D and stroke it from the outside.
    - Omri Casspi seems to thrive when he's in a fast-pace system I know he at least kills us when we play Sacto.
    - Wes Johnson can play defense.,.. he just needs to be more consistent on the offensive end.
    - I know that RoLo wasn't the best center when we had him, but he has since gotten alot of experience, and while you won't compare his post game to the Dream's... he's a smart player that can pass from the position (and he can CATCH)
    - Brandon Wright is probably a career backup, but that dude runs the floor and finishes, and he blocks shots. If you put him and AD in gentry's system we'll have the most athletic 4/5 combo in the league because either one of them will get out in front of their defender on the break.

Now that I know the coach is Gentry I look for us to grab a affordable center like Wright. Or trying to find a way to get Monroe or B Lopez.

I would be happy with Wright. I think he can blossom on this team.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

With Gentry maybe Monroe is a possible.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Is Wright really a C though?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is Wright really a C though?
    Yep. Similar to Ad in build very athletic won't take bad shots. Can pass well and has soft hands, won't give much in the rebounding department as much as Asik but can run much better and will not cost as much. And most importantly will allow AD to stay at his desired position.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Yep. Similar to Ad in build very athletic won't take bad shots. Can pass well and has soft hands, won't give much in the rebounding department as much as Asik but can run much better and will not cost as much. And most importantly will allow AD to stay at his desired position.
    But can he defend the C spot against starting calibre C's?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    But can he defend the C spot against starting calibre C's?
    Think Tyson Chandler. They don't have many traditional big men in today's nba as it is. Dell and Gentry want to run so the question is will the big Pf and C's be able to run with us.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Think Tyson Chandler. They don't have many traditional big men in today's nba as it is. Dell and Gentry want to run so the question is will the big Pf and C's be able to run with us.
    AD is bigger then Wright. I like the guy to but he is at best a spot duty center no way we start games with them on the floor together. I would rather AD at center than Wright and I don't think AD wants to be a center unless it is finishing games at the spot but he seems to be stuck in the mindset of being more of a PF.

Would love to see chandler take a lesser deal and come back.

I want Jordon and his 7'6" wingspan

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I'd love to get rid of Gordon, but the realist in me says that we're stuck with him at least until the trade deadline. There are a bunch of restricted FAs out there, so I won't even dream about signing any of them, but there are a few unrestricted that I'd like for us to at least take a look at that we can fit into our tight cap.

Jrue
    Gordon
    Mike Dunleavy / Omri Casspi / Wes Johnson
    AD
    Robin Lopez / Brandon Wright

Since the tea leaves tell me that Gentry is gonna be our coach... these are the players that I'd start if he were our coach.

- Mike Dunleavy is a solid vet that can play a little D and stroke it from the outside.
    - Omri Casspi seems to thrive when he's in a fast-pace system I know he at least kills us when we play Sacto.
    - Wes Johnson can play defense.,.. he just needs to be more consistent on the offensive end.
    - I know that RoLo wasn't the best center when we had him, but he has since gotten alot of experience, and while you won't compare his post game to the Dream's... he's a smart player that can pass from the position (and he can CATCH)
    - Brandon Wright is probably a career backup, but that dude runs the floor and finishes, and he blocks shots. If you put him and AD in gentry's system we'll have the most athletic 4/5 combo in the league because either one of them will get out in front of their defender on the break.

So we gonna split that steak?

Ida gone w Asik, but cant stand having him and tyreke on the court, NO TELLING HOW MANY GAMES IT COST with guys who cant hit free throws; hence, getting only one point when trading baskets.

Thats what i cant stand about Reke. You need your primary ball handler to be able to hit free throws. Two of them.

Kyle Lowry
    Reke
    Tobias Harris
    The Once and Future King
    Robin Lopez or, in my wildest fits of hope, Greg Monroe
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

Thread Information