Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A List of Van Gundy's Potential Assistants, if Hired

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    JVG wants it bad. I was told that two days after Monry was fired, but it's up to Dell. I still think Dell would prefer offense. But if he goes defense I think JVG will be the guy
    Absolutely no reason not to go with him over Thibodeau. Age isn't really a factor, since 53 really isn't that old as far as coaches go. He doesn't come with the baggage of dealing with the Bulls. I'm becoming more and more of a JVG guy, as long as we can't get Hoiberg.

In my opinion I think Jeff wants the job!

That was probably the best way to say something without saying anything. Dan tried, lol.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    What are the chances JVG brings back Monty as an assistant? Say JVG took a head coaching job somewhere else, I think there would be a very very high chance Monty would be on his staff due to their close relationship. If anyone could put pride aside it would be Monty, the front office wouldn't go for it but I really would be happy with that scenario.

...we get to go McDonalds
    With the way Monty was treated in NOLA, there's a slim to none chance; and slim has just left the building.

I never 'watched' Dan Patrick, never realized he had that much mardi gras type stuff just chillin in his studio's main frame.
    asdfghjkl;'

Thread Information