Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans interested in Goran Dragic???

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Pelicans interested in Goran Dragic???

Is someone trolling us on Twitter?

Probably Dragic's agent throwing names out there. Demps and co are probably fully focused on the most important coaching search in the franchise's history.

It all seems to be born out of the same Miami Herald piece where the reporter said at the end "The Lakers, Knicks, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Sacramento are all expected to have interest." That is where the FoxSports piece cites its info from.

That reads as speculative, not substantive.

I think this is a case of secondary sources taking the original source out of context and it snowballing.

I like Dragic and had we not gave up two firsts for Jrue I would think this would of been the offseason(assuming we didn't sign Teague that same offseason) we would actually make a play for very good PG like Dragic or Lawson.

But it just doesnt make much sense to me unless Jrue is worse off then we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I like Dragic and had we not gave up two firsts for Jrue I would think this would of been the offseason(assuming we didn't sign Teague that same offseason) we would actually make a play for very good PG like Dragic or Lawson.

But it just doesnt make much sense to me unless Jrue is worse off then we thought.
    The goal behind acquiring Dragic would in all likelihood center on pairing him with Jrue as opposed to replacing him, similar to how the Suns played Dragic and Bledsoe together last year.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    The goal behind acquiring Dragic would in all likelihood center on pairing him with Jrue as opposed to replacing him, similar to how the Suns played Dragic and Bledsoe together last year.
    And Dragic hated that.

And Dragic hated that.
    this, dragic wants to be the guy.

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    this, dragic wants to be the guy.
    No, it only became a problem when there was a third PG (IT) since it then cut into his minutes.

No, it only became a problem when there was a third PG (IT) since it then cut into his minutes.
    That shouldnt have mattered, dragics minutes shouldnt have changed because of that at all. How many good shooting guards loose minutes because of a backup point guard? How many minutes did gordon average a game when jrue was healthy and tyteke came off the bench? Im willing to guess atleast 30

just looked it up, dragic got 33 minutes when he played for the suns this year, and 34.8 minutes when he played for miami. The previous year before the suns had IT Dragic averaged 33.5 minutes. So i don't think that's it.

Eric Gordon's first 10 games this year with a healthy jrue averaged 31 minutes a game. There are plenty of minutes to go around with 3 guards between 48 minutes at the PG and 48 minutes at the SG spot.

we need to get a new coach first we can't let dell pick any new players without any say from the coach he will picking
    unless we want some more one legged players on this team and no more first round picks for the next 3 years

I'm sure whatever coach Dell hires will have no problem having a player like Dragic on his team. I'm also pretty sure if Dell wants to sign Dragic then the coach who he is bringing in will most likely have the same view point on the type of team they are building and players they want. It would be pretty stupid not to look at players and be interested in them just because we are looking for a coach. Dell needs to be doing much more than just looking for a coach right now and I'm sure he is plenty capable of doing both. I highly doubt we will even be able to sign a player before we have a coach anyway. Nothing wrong with him showing interest and having some options put together for the new coach from the get go.

Really? Why?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Only way we sign dragic is if 1 of jrue tyreke or gordon is on the way out

I don't mind Reke but I think Dragic replacing him would be way better for this team. I think just letting Gordon play out his contract mite be the best thing for us to do. Him expiring will give us a lot options. Unless we could move him for a legit SF if someone wants the space he will create after the season then I don't see any other options for us really. He can actually be a pretty good weapon in an uptempo offense for us also.

just looked it up, dragic got 33 minutes when he played for the suns this year, and 34.8 minutes when he played for miami. The previous year before the suns had IT Dragic averaged 33.5 minutes. So i don't think that's it.
    Welp it appears I was half right, half wrong. I was right in that it was the addition of IT that made Dragic unhappy. I was wrong in saying that the reason was a decrease of minutes. The reason was because it took the ball out of Dragic's hands and reduced him to an off ball, non-playmaking role. Jrue has displayed a willingness to concede a majority of ball handling duties before when he plays together with Reke. I don't see why it would be any different with Dragic.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...ason/23595011/

I think Dell would want to replace Gordon with Dragic. He's always talked about attacking the basket from all angles, and Gordon simply can't do it anymore. Dragic is one of the best guards in the game at this. We would have to unload Gordon for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I think Dell would want to replace Gordon with Dragic. He's always talked about attacking the basket from all angles, and Gordon simply can't do it anymore. Dragic is one of the best guards in the game at this. We would have to unload Gordon for nothing.
    If we got Dragic it wouldn't be unloading him for nothing if you look at it that way. Replacing Gordon with Dragic and Reke with a true SF would completely change this team and instant contenders if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If we got Dragic it wouldn't be unloading him for nothing if you look at it that way. Replacing Gordon with Dragic and Reke with a true SF would completely change this team and instant contenders if you ask me.
    I'm not saying it would be a bad thing to unload Gordon for nothing in this station. Just saying its necessary for salary purposes

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I'm not saying it would be a bad thing to unload Gordon for nothing in this station. Just saying its necessary for salary purposes
    Yea I got ya. To me Gordon is valuable to us unless we are able to get someone like Dragic by unloading him. Either we let him expire and use that cap space next year or we try to give him up for nothing if that means we get a special player in FA because of it. We would still have to take on salary to unload him so I think he can help us this year and next year we will have lots of options.

Does Nola become more appealing to Dragic now?

And there's a blue moon with green pigs fly over it.

Thread Information