Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans interested in Goran Dragic???

I wonder if having Gentry in town is appealing to Dragic, after all, Gentry made Dragic (depending on who you ask).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I hear ya. Dragic could be his next Nash. Considering AD is way better than Amare was.

why not dream on

jrue for ilyasava and henson (jrue is my man and our 2nd best player, but Henson will be Asik and more IMO)
    tyreke and a choice for deroazan (both have flaws, but they look to move on and could use 2nd ball handler)

dragic
    gordon
    deroazan
    Ad
    Henson

We need to let Reke go before Gordon this year. Gordon is becoming or is 1 of the best 3pt shooting guards in the league now. We need thE floor spacing in this offense. I love that Reke is a soldier and plays thru injuries and all but he can go. His bbiq is super low and is always making boneheaded plays. Having a 3 guard rotation next year if Holiday, Gordon, and Dragic would be nasty. I think we see an improved Ryno next year too after an offseason to get his mind right. Not to mention I'd like to let Gordon play it out and let his max conte at expire next year to give us the cap space. U less we can get something really nice in exchange which I doubt.

I would love to have Dragic on this team I hope we go into next season with a few upgrades for Gentry to work with .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Dragic an improvement over Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is Dragic an improvement over Jrue?
    Huge over improvment over Tyreke

I don't understand why ppl talk so bad about tyreke and wants to get rid of him... So trade and if jure or Eric Gordon gets hurt again then what?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I don't understand why ppl talk so bad about tyreke and wants to get rid of him... So trade and if jure or Eric Gordon gets hurt again then what?
    They just remember end of games instead the whole body of work. Basically, I think some of the Tyreke haters just watch the end of games.

I guess we're pretending Dragic isn't better than Tyreke.

Ok, I'll be a "hater" and you can have the lowest IQ starter in the NBA

I think Reke can do very well with Gentry's uptempo offense....I think Gentry will play to his strengths and cut out the late shot clock iso plays that makes Reke look bad. I truly believe Gentry will be the best coach Reke has played for in his NBA career. I think we still need another wing player to split time with QPon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    They just remember end of games instead the whole body of work. Basically, I think some of the Tyreke haters just watch the end of games.
    To be fair, he is a ball stopper who can't shoot.

If those people are just watching the end of games then they are seeing a 4th quarter of Tyreke wildly driving to the hoop desperate to be fouled instead of feeding AD.

You don't see a problem here?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    In a more structured offense that has an actual identity? I see no reason why he can't do well. The issue with our old offense was how EVERYONE stood around waiting for the ball handler to do something. If this Gentry offense involves no one ever standing around sucking their thumbs? I see no reason why Tyreke can't work within it.

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    To be fair, he is a ball stopper who can't shoot.

If those people are just watching the end of games then they are seeing a 4th quarter of Tyreke wildly driving to the hoop desperate to be fouled instead of feeding AD.

You don't see a problem here?
    Most of the time when Tyreke would play hero ball it's because most of our shooters were injured. When we signed Pondexter and Cole to help him out, we saw a lot more passing from him. Unless Tyreke just defied Monty's orders and play calls, then i don't see the problem with Tyreke. The guy can ball and has great energy. He just needs to be directed a little better and not given free reigns.

Dragic is a huge upgrade over tyreke. Tyreke isn't bad, but gentry loves shooters. He is the odd man out in our 3 guard rotation. I could see him going Dragic over Reke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But is Dragic an improvement over Jrue? Dragic would be replacing Jrue not Reke.

But is Dragic an improvement over Jrue? Dragic would be replacing Jrue not Reke.
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Because Dragic is a pg, and Jrue is a pg. Reke is a pg out of necessity (you don't actually want him running point when a better option is available).

Because Dragic is a pg, and Jrue is a pg. Reke is a pg out of necessity (you don't actually want him running point when a better option is available).

Banned
    I think with the right coaching Tyreke could be a monster. He is unstoppable in transition. If his shot continues to improve I think that goes a long way as well. I personally think this new staff plays to some of his strength, though he will definitely need to pick up his D and spot up shooting.

If Dragic were to come somehow, it would be Tyreke and Gordon out IMO.

Holiday would cover the opponent's best guard and they would share ball handling responsibilities in the half court, with Tragic maybe having it a little more. But it is a motion offense. There isn't going to be a guy pounding it and controlling the rock for 20 seconds. You need multiple ball handlers, creators, and good passers. If Tragic were to come, him and Jrue would work so beautifully together. Would almost be unfair with those two and AD. Both would have the ability to run the P&R or knock down the kick out 3.
    @mcnamara247

Banned
    "Heat guard Goran Dragic, an impending free agent, feels strongly that the Heat must play faster and has been assured that’s a key part of the Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra master plan, according to an associate," Jackson writes.

That's from the article in Post No. 2, I wonder if the fact we have brought in pace guys is appealing to him. I don't see how Miami is going to be a pace team as constructed. For us to have room to sign him we would have to get the Lakers to take player, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Dragic were to come somehow, it would be Tyreke and Gordon out IMO.

Holiday would cover the opponent's best guard and they would share ball handling responsibilities in the half court, with Tragic maybe having it a little more. But it is a motion offense. There isn't going to be a guy pounding it and controlling the rock for 20 seconds. You need multiple ball handlers, creators, and good passers. If Tragic were to come, him and Jrue would work so beautifully together. Would almost be unfair with those two and AD. Both would have the ability to run the P&R or knock down the kick out 3.
    This makes much more sense once I figured out your auto correct is playing tricks on you again.

I got Tragic too when I spelled Dragic...it happens.

I would be game for keeping Jrue and moving Reke and/or Gordon to make Dragic happen. Dragic in certain sets last year was a top 3 pg. if your playing Jrue and Reke together with the hopes that they can share ball handling duties, you would only assume Dragic would be a better compliment in that role than Reke.

Didn't dragic leave pheonix because he wanted to be the leading guard... Coming here would probably be the same situation

Thread Information