Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: scott skiles to be named head coach for Orlando Magic

NBA scott skiles to be named head coach for Orlando Magic

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ach-this-week/

this is probably his last shot to be a legitimate head coach.

Well, that's one less suitor in the so-called "Tom Thibodeau sweepstakes." With the Pelicans looking at lots of candidates, any illusions the Bulls have of leverage should be going out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Well, that's one less suitor in the so-called "Tom Thibodeau sweepstakes." With the Pelicans looking at lots of candidates, any illusions the Bulls have of leverage should be going out the window.
    Rumor is the classy Bulls organization is waiting for all vacancies to be filled if they can't get any assets for Thibs as a petty "**** you" to Thibs on the way out so he has to sit out a year and can't get the job he wants.

The Bulls front office are really a bunch of low lifes if you ask me. I mean as if fighting Del Negro wasn't enough to get people to realize it. Such a great market., with some great talent from coach on down to have such a bad organization wrapped around it.

Banned
    Man with all the guys out there they go with Skiles...?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Rumor is the classy Bulls organization is waiting for all vacancies to be filled if they can't get any assets for Thibs as a petty "**** you" to Thibs on the way out so he has to sit out a year and can't get the job he wants.
    That's messed up if true, and knowing the Bulls... it's true.

They called and pitched me the job, but I thought it was an Amway hoax.

Reading this article about the Bulls firing Del Negro, it sounds almost like the Monty Williams story.
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/03/b....ap/index.html
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-26-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Bulls front office are really a bunch of low lifes if you ask me. I mean as if fighting Del Negro wasn't enough to get people to realize it. Such a great market., with some great talent from coach on down to have such a bad organization wrapped around it.
    The Lakers job maybe open in a year. He may prefer to sit out like Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Man with all the guys out there they go with Skiles...?
    That was my first reaction too. Magic fans have to be pretty upset. I'm in MM's camp that the coach doesn't matter as most make it seem but there doesn't seem to be much reason to go with Skiles over many of the other candidates who would have taken the job. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but dang, I'd be a bit frustrated if I were them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Makes you wonder if Demps and Loomis pick a person out of left field. I'll throw out a name for the heck of it. Wasn't Eric Musselman an assistant for LSU last season?
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-26-2015 at 01:53 PM.

With hire it looks like they are just trying to find a coach who can develop their already existing talent (much like what we had with Monty), and not so much a coach who can take them to the ECF's.

If true, it would be really awesome for us or the Timberwolves to hire Hoiberg out from under them while they're sitting on their hands.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    If true, it would be really awesome for us or the Timberwolves to hire Hoiberg out from under them while they're sitting on their hands.
    Hoiberg is going to have his pick of the litter. He will sign with whatever team he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Hoiberg is going to have his pick of the litter. He will sign with whatever team he wants to.
    He posted his message because the Bulls' job is supposedly Hoiberg's to lose and it is supposedly his #1 destination.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Certainly. My point is that the Bulls can't hire Hoiberg without firing Thibodeau. If the Bulls keep dragging their feet, the Pelicans or T-Wolves should pursue him hard. Maybe he gets tired of waiting for the Bulls and decides to take the bird in the hand.

No matter who we hire just know it could have always been worse and Scott Skiles was the guy. This makes it a little easier for me to accept someone I don't want as much as other favorites.

Are the Bulls even allowed to speak to anther coach while they have someone under contract? I know it's not tampering but how does that work?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Now that would be moronic. Instead of setting themselves up to get a new HC, what, are they putting all their eggs in the Hoiberg basket? Unless they have a solid verbal from Hoiberg, they could screw themselves out of three good candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Now that would be moronic. Instead of setting themselves up to get a new HC, what, are they putting all their eggs in the Hoiberg basket? Unless they have a solid verbal from Hoiberg, they could screw themselves out of three good candidates.
    It goes to show just how awful there front office is. When it comes to the technical side of drafting players and such they are better then average but when you factor in the nasty side they get dragged down pretty far in my book. At this point they are screwing themselves in order to screw Thibs. How freaking childish is that?

The only logic I can see is that they have Hoiberg lined up and committed and can thus play this immature game to their hearts content.
    According to a Bulls player, last week’s exit interviews between the players and the front office was “open season on Thibs,’’ as the suits had no problem making their displeasure with coach Tom Thibodeau known by the line of questions and discussions they had with on-the-court personnel with the season over.

“I’d be shocked if Thibs is back,’’ the player said.

The dirty pool hasn’t stopped there, either.

According to a league source, Thibodeau is under the belief that the Bulls will do all they can to make sure he’s not coaching in the NBA next season by letting the current job vacancies continue being filled up, and then dismissing him with two years left on his contract.

When the season was coming to an end, there was the belief that the Bulls would look to trade Thibodeau for a draft pick, hoping to add an asset for the inevitable. However, the league source said they were asking for outrageous demands for the rights to the coach, knowing that there would either be no takers or one that would simply overpay.
    http://chicago.suntimes.com/basketba...odeau-bit-ugly

Kind of makes you wonder how much of the Bulls downfalls are on Tibs shoulders (when looking at how they are treating Tibs).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder how much of the Bulls downfalls are on Tibs shoulders (when looking at how they are treating Tibs).
    I think based on the fear so many are having of Thibs that the FO has managed to shift almost all possible blame on his shoulders.

Most of my attempts to contextualize the situation falls on deaf ears.

This is a FO who's VP of Basketball operations literally got into a fist fight with Del Negro and it took him 2 years to even make a non-apology apology where he basically copped out when it came to fully admitting wrong doing by trying to blame the victim by saying essentially, yeah maybe I shouldn't of choked him but Del Negro is even worse blah blah blah.

Guy is a man-child when it comes to personal relationships with coaches and the team he is supposed to be helping win and build a solid culture.

Problem is their owner is also the guy that drove a wedge in the relationship between Jordan, Phil, the Bulls team and the FO/ownership.

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-e...-paxson-bulls/

A great breakdown of how awful the Bulls FO is Eman and UNO. Discusses a bit of the Skiles firing too.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    No matter who we hire just know it could have always been worse and Scott Skiles was the guy.
    After Monty was fired and I began to think of possibilities for the Pelicans, my nightmare scenarios were Scott Skiles and Brian Shaw. I could rationalize a lot of other candidates, but those were two guys I KNEW I didn't want.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Hoiberg and Forman are boys, I want no parts of Hoiberg if hes cool with this and will actively hope for his failure. Being an accomplice to pettiness makes you petty.

All i remember from Skiles is NBA Jam
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    All i remember from Skiles is NBA Jam
    The Skiles/Anderson pairing was money though. Launch the three, get the rebound, repeat.

it is look like the Bulls FO is surprised that nobody is going hard after Thibs.
    They did not used to overpay/pay tax/spend more money than needed.

So that it is hard decision for them to fire Thibs with no new job for him. And unless he did not find a new job they must pay his wages...
    Hoiberg or other candidate is another 5m. Not easy task.

Now Atkinson is on vacation, so I see decision coming (Gentry was already interviewed)

Thread Information