Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: your favorite players growing up?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    bruh, who weren't you a fan of?
    The Knicks and Pistons.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Growing up I was a fan of the jazz/magic/supersonics

My favorites were probably Stockton, Malone, Payton, Shawn kemp, and shaq/penny

MJ was hands down my favorite. Reggie Miller was my 2nd but hated him when he played MJ he use to **** me off. Barkley was also one my favorites and definitely my favorite NBA analyst haha.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-26-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Jason Kidd
    A.I.
    Shawn Kemp
    Detlef Schremph
    Stacey Augmon
    Manute Bol

Plastic Man! Augmon was a fav of mine.

My all time fav guys were:

Nick Van Exel
    Ray Allen
    Rip Hamilton
    Stacy Augmon
    Reggie Miller
    MJ

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Kurt Rambis, Bob Lanier & World B. Free, oh and Bernard King

I liked Rex Chapman a lot. Hakeem and Barkley. and some Gary Payton. here's a weird one, Arvidas Sabonis. I always wanted to see a young Sabonis in the league

Pistol Pete Maravich!
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Banned
    Kareem, Dr J, Gervin, Tom Chambers, John Stockton, Dennis Johnson.

Favorite all-Time was Larry Bird.

Oh and Durand "RUDY" Macklin of course.

I'm pretty surprised there aren't more MJ people. Greatest player of all time and he was very easy to like. I'm more of a Kobe guy and hate Lebron but I can see both sides on how someone could hate either one. MJ just seemed impossible to hate unless he beat your favorite team in the playoffs or finals all the time.

Banned
    I liked him more when I got older...I was a Celtics fan until Rick Pitino.

Buffalo Braves: Bob McAdoo, Adrian Dantley, Ernie D
    Knicks: Willis Reed, Walt Frazier
    Bullets: Wes Unseld
    Showtime: Magic Johnson, Kurt Rambis, James Worthy
    Hornets: Ryan Bowen, Tyson Chandler, Peja for 3, Tractor Traylor, and P.J. Brown!

My fav player was Jordan, I had and still have all his sneakers because of him, after Jordan it was The Answer AI and I also had his sneakers, after Iverson it was CP3 (no longer) and I never purchased his sneakers. Iverson was the trendsetter to me, I started wearing braids and extremely baggy clothes.

Growing up? Seriously limits my choices since I was born in 1954. Pistol Pete of course but was I was kinda already grown. OK. So Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Oscar Roberson, Jerry West and Lenny Wilkens. Was always partial to guards, wings.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

My avatar says it all

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Growing up? Seriously limits my choices since I was born in 1954. Pistol Pete of course but was I was kinda already grown. OK. So Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Oscar Roberson, Jerry West and Lenny Wilkens. Was always partial to guards, wings.
    That's the reason behind the post, we can share who we all enjoyed watching growing up. I wouldn't call your choices limited. It shows our ages a bit and I realize most on this board are students of the game. So many players others have mentioned I had forgotten about and it just brings me down memory lane.

Vince Carter, Shaq, T-mac

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Thank God! Someone in my age bracket.

My favorite player growing up was Bill Russell and since I was a Celtics fan, I also liked John Havlicek, KC Jones, Sam Jones, etc. I also liked Elvin Hayes a lot, especially after the Houston/UCLA Game of the Century. There were other players I liked watching, but I couldn't say I liked them. I hated the Knicks, Bullets, 76ers, Lakers.... well, everyone not named Celtics, but I had respect for some players like Elgin Baylor, Willis Reed and Wes Unseld, even though I hated their teams. Hated Chamberlain, Bill Bradley, Jerry West, heck, there's a lot longer list of players I didn't like while growing up.

I grew up a Bad Boys era pistons fan for some reason - Isiah was my favorite player for sure.

Jordan
    BD (Yeah he was aggravating but he could still blow up at times, kinda like reke actually),
    Vince (Not fanboy like, but favourite dunker for sure)
    Twin Towers
    Shaq
    Peja (Imo the prettiest looking shot)
    04 Pistons, so appropriate to the city, was kinda the new old school
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    My fav player was Jordan, I had and still have all his sneakers because of him, after Jordan it was The Answer AI and I also had his sneakers, after Iverson it was CP3 (no longer) and I never purchased his sneakers. Iverson was the trendsetter to me, I started wearing braids and extremely baggy clothes.
    Haha I got some Iversons for Christmas when I was younger and I remember begging my parents for them thinking they were so cool but I don't know why. I wore them once somewhere and my brothers made fun of me so I never wore them again haha. On my college football team I had a teammate who never shut up about him being his favorite player so I dug them up and gave them to him. We would go play basketball a lot during off season and he wore them every single time and loved them. I was never a big basketball shoe person I always played on normal Nikes.

One and only Larry Johnson in his classical Converse shoes (black and white)

Alonzo Mourning clear #1

Larry Johnson second prolly.

Loved Penny Hardaway.

MJ of course.

And I loved Karl Malone's game.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 05-27-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Larry Bird and Pete Maravich

Thread Information