Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: your favorite players growing up?

I was a huge Blazers fan growing up, my favs were Clyde Drexler, Cliff Robinson, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter and Danny Ainge.

I grew up in the MJ dynasty. Afterwards it was all about A.I. (broke MJ ankles and left me speechless) and Shaq due to LSU ties.

I should probably add Stockton and Malone. The 2nd greatest duo of all time behind MJ/Pippen. Plus, I loved Malone's leg kick while shooting. He was the original Dirk Leg.

Quote Originally Posted by boutrous View Post
    I was a huge Blazers fan growing up, my favs were Clyde Drexler, Cliff Robinson, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter and Danny Ainge.

That was undoubtedly my favorite team. I loved the way they truly pushed the ball w all cylinders going.

LJ is my favorite ATHLETE of all time. This sounds like a crazy statement, but: star player of my favorite sports team when I was in the 5th grade, the age when I was most impressionable. That is why

Quote Originally Posted by boutrous View Post
    I really loved the Jailblazers, and I am still surprised that they never won a title. I am as surprised that they didn't win one as I am surprised that the Kings never win one.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I grew up a Jazz fan (Utah, not New Orleans), and as such was a fan of Mark Eaton more than Malone, and Hornaceck more than Stockton. I still declare that Jordan pushed off of Russell, but it is what it is. I hope,our next coach can be the next Jerry Sloan, as I think Sloan was the original Pop's, and with Pop's getting long in the tooth another small market team needs to take the Spurs place.

Btw, Rickey Green. The Jazz had this AS pg by the name of Rickey Green who they moved on from to make more room for this kid from Gonzaga. Green wasn't anything amazing, but the Jazz fans were huge fans of his, and then the organization let him go in the expansion draft (to the Hornets) because they liked this new guy and the rest was history. I think of that guy often when people mention how somebody is untradable, or a big key to our franchise. I always think, "Player X might be a key right now, but is he a long term key, or could we do better?"
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-29-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Information