Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade scenarios

Trade scenarios

I think a cool/interesting thing to do now that we are kind of in the doldrums of summer would be for people to list who they would trade for in the league for every Pelicans player. For example, let's say you first choose jrue holiday, then you list every player you would trade jrue holiday for straight up, or draft picks as well. There are two very important rules. *

1. Each player has to be within 1-2 million for the player.
    2. It has to be realistic. Meaning you must give some logical reasoning as to why the other team would consider the trade. They don't "have" to do it, it just has to be in the realm. i.e. not Jrue Holiday for Steph Curry.

Multiple player trades are allowed, but once again they have to meet criteria listed above. I think every poster should try and individually trade as many single players on the team before you start getting into multi person trades, this way people on the board have an idea of what exactly the value is of each player on the team. I think it would be an interesting BSS article as well. I think a good way to educate myself and this forum is for people to truly understand the value of our players. Anyway, let's see what everyone has.

*One drawback to this exercise is it wil exclude players who don't currently have a similar salary to one of our players, so an exception to rule one will be that it can include a player who will within the near future most certainly have a similar contract to the player on our team you choose. Ie. Players on Rookie contracts like Andrew wiggins, nérlens noel, or high priced vets that you know will get less money.
    Last edited by heybigmatt; 05-25-2015 at 12:58 PM.

I just spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out players I'd trade for and I couldn't come up with one trade that was legal that we would want to do and the other team could agree with. I was hoping to find a good trade for PJ Tucker, Anthony Morrow, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, or a decent play-making point guard and came up empty. I value continuity so I was trying to trade as few major pieces as possible and I can't help but to think that the only way we make a major splash is by disrupting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

SG Eric Gordon and C Jeff Withey

For

C Gorgui Dieng, SG Kevin Martin, and SF Chase Budinger

Why would Minnesota do it?

They upgrade at SG for a year, shed Martin's contract, and draft a big man with the #1 pick.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 05-25-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post

For

They upgrade at SG for a year, shed Martin's contract, and draft a big man with the #1 pick.
    So,what do we do with Martin? Consider him an upgrade? Nah.Is he a rental? Nah.Why would we do it? Dieng is so-so at best.Budinger once again,ended the season injured. What is our end game w/ these 3 guys? REBUILD is out of the question(AD will bolt). Martin is WORSE than EG10 on Defense.
    We would be giving up Gordon for next to nothing in return. Why not wait til Jan.? If EG10 is still no.2 in the league in 3pt shooting, then we wont have to give him up for less than dog water!
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-25-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post

For

Minny says no.

I'll get this started to show exactly what I meant.

Jrue Holiday: Jeff Teague, Goran Dragic, Demar Derozan, Marcin Gortat, Monta Ellis, Wilson Chandler,
    - While all these trades would obviously not work, I think there might be a slight thought at all of them. I would put Jrue Holday's value around these types of players right now. Teague, Tragic and Derozan, would be the high point of Holiday's play, Gortat and Chandler being the low point of Holiday's play.

Tyreke Evans: Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler, Monta Ellis, Gortat, Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, Luol Deng, Goran Dragic, Joakim Noah, AL Jefferson, Micheal Kidd Gilchrist, Isaiah Thomas, Paul Milsap.

Most of these trades wouldn't work, but I think it shows that with this amount of players I'm willing to trade him for, he is a pretty up and down player. Id say his value is lower, and these are all the players i think are somewhere in his ball park.

Minny isnt giving up deing, hes a beast

Minny would give up Dieng, but the deal would have to be right. Think about it, they have Pekovic and Dieng, but are bound for either Towns or Okafor. If you could spin Ryno for Dieng (giving them another pf to battle with #1 bust extraordinar Anthony Bennett) that benefits both us and them. I would love to get Dieng down here as he is a guy who you could build for the future with, and I don't think he has scratched the surface in Minny.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Well of course they would if the deal is right, but not for eric gordon and jeff withey is what I should have said

Moving Gordon and Withey does not alter the future of this franchise. We will make the playoffs next year with or without them, so moving them shouldn't cause anyone to lose sleep, or consider it the nail in the coffin that is AD's reason for leaving.

Lmao, I didnt mean we would say no, I mean the Timberwolves would say hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Minny would give up Dieng, but the deal would have to be right. Think about it, they have Pekovic and Dieng, but are bound for either Towns or Okafor. If you could spin Ryno for Dieng (giving them another pf to battle with #1 bust extraordinar Anthony Bennett) that benefits both us and them. I would love to get Dieng down here as he is a guy who you could build for the future with, and I don't think he has scratched the surface in Minny.
    I would imagine they'd be more willing to sell Pekovic over Dieng.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Because of Pek's contract? I would do a Pek for Ryno deal (and it would work).
    I am game for either honestly.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-25-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Because of Pek's contract? I would do a Pek for Ryno deal (and it would work).
    I am game for either honestly.
    Yeah, he's 29 and this is his deal:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm

I prefer keeping Ryno and Asik instead because he's really just a better version of Asik who is only effective versus 40% of the league.

heybigmatt, you said it had to be realistic. I don't see a scenario in which Teague, Derozan or Dragic would be possible, unless we include AD, so it falls into unrealistic territory. Same for Tyreke, wouldn't even bother mentioning Ellis, Derozan, Millsap or Dragic. Just can't see any combination of players that exludes AD making any of these players possible for us. The Pekovic ideia seems more realistic to me though (still wouldn't do it).

As Jabberwalker said, couldn't come up with any trade that would make us better and be legal/realistic. See Jrue coming back at full strength as our biggest improvement.

Anybody considering Pekovic - look at his games played the last few years. Then, come back and tell me if you still want him at that age and contract
    @mcnamara247

I would prefer Dieng to Pek. But how to get that through is the question.

Why do we want Minny's players not named Wiggins or Rubio?

I mean....they were the worst team in the NBA - it might not be smart to pick up guys that performed decently on the worst NBA team (if anyone remembers Lee Nailon or Dan Dickau, you know where I'm going with this). Don't see how Pekovic or Dieng are major upgrades. If we get them for a steal, then sure - but I wouldn't be happy trading for the Timberwolves' complimentary players.

How about Reke for Demar Derozan? Who says no?

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    Toronto

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I've had a player crush on DeRozan for ages. But I fear it will never come to pass.

People know I don't love Tyreke's game, though I respect his toughness like no other.

That said, if we traded Tyreke for Derozen, I would throw things. Derozen gets to the line, so I will give him props for that. If he didn't, he would be one of the worst players in the league. Takes terrible shots and his jumper is bad. Getting to the line saves him. He really doesn't anything else well. I am not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    People know I don't love Tyreke's game, though I respect his toughness like no other.

That said, if we traded Tyreke for Derozen, I would throw things. Derozen gets to the line, so I will give him props for that. If he didn't, he would be one of the worst players in the league. Takes terrible shots and his jumper is bad. Getting to the line saves him. He really doesn't anything else well. I am not a fan.
    this, derozan can score, and get to the line and run, but thats about it, tyreke can score just as well, but is a better rebounder, passer, and shoots a better FG% of 45% compared to derozan's 41% and tyreke actually even shoots the 3 better. The ONLY thing Derozan does better then tyreke is get to the line and dunk, thats it. Derozan averaged 2 more poitns than tyreke this season, but also and 4 more FT attempts per game. Now for assists, Tyreke DOUBLED derozan's assists, and averaged more rebounds. Also derozan is a very bad defender, I would say tyreke is even a better defender than him.

Derozan does have a much better mid range game then tyreke, i will give him that.

I'll take tyreke over derozan any day though.

also if u want to get more in depth here are their career per 36 numbers:

Tyreke: 18-6-5
    Derozan: 18.4-3.5-4.5

with tyreke having the career better FG% and 3pt%
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-25-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Why do we want any players from Minny? Just because a team has a bad record doesn't mean that parts of the team aren't worth acquiring. You say Rubio and Wiggins, but they have such a young group of guys, there are quite a few guys who (if in there prime) were placed on that same Wolves team (of this year), they wouldn't hold a lottery pick. They have a lot of good players, and I think they could be right there with the Jazz as next year competition for the #8 seed.

Thread Information