Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pels among team wanting Heat's FA Goran Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea maybe for his career when he wasn't very good to start making his overall % not look to great. Over the last few years he has been a great all around player at doing everything. He has been very good getting to the rim the last few years and if you watched him you would have seen he was near incredible at it. Him and Holiday in the backcourt would compliment each other so well with both being able to run the point and play off ball while guarding both positions. Holiday mite be better suited guarding PGs since he is the better defender but both are interchangeable and can do both very well. Another thing we can do is stagger a lot of their minutes so we always have one of them on the court.
    This, dragic over the last 2 years has been an incredible finisher and taking great shots. Last year with 15 shot attempts per game he shot 51% and this year with 13 shots a game he shot 50%. Those are unreal numbers for a guard. Especially considering he averaged 3.5 3pt attempts per game.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-25-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    This, tragic over the last 2 years has been an incredible finisher and taking great shots. Last year with 15 shot attempts per game he shot 51% and this year with 13 shots a game he shot 50%. Those are unreal numbers for a guard. Especially considering he averaged 3.5 3pt attempts per game.
    Yea his career numbers are going to be a little flawed considering he wasn't that good and then turned into an MVP candidate and MIP a few years ago in PHX. When he was in Miami for a little he wasn't shooting the 3 very well and I remember a game he was getting to the basket like he was DWade and looked incredible. He had like 30 points on just drives it was ridiculous. I like Gordon and Tyreke but replacing those 2 with Dragic and a stud SF would make this team serious contenders if you ask me.

Holiday/Dragic/Batum/Davis/Asik
    Holiday/Gordon/Tyreke/Davis/Batum

I'm not saying we get Batum but getting a SF of that caliber to go along with the other would be so amazing. Not saying we keep Asik either I'm just trying to make as little change as possible to get a picture of what we could look like. I really think a backcourt of those 2 would be right behind Curry and Thompson rivaling the likes of Wall and Beal for best backcourts.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-25-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Yea his career numbers are going to be a little flawed considering he wasn't that good and then turned into an MVP candidate and MIP a few years ago in PHX. When he was in Miami for a little he wasn't shooting the 3 very well and I remember a game he was getting to the basket like he was DWade and looked incredible. He had like 30 points on just drives it was ridiculous. I like Gordon and Tyreke but replacing those 2 with Dragic and a stud SF would make this team serious contenders if you ask me.
    I wonder how something like trading tyreke for jeff green and then signing dragic would work out. Just off the top of my head. It would prob never happen

jrue
    dragic
    green
    ad
    asik

but to be honest, I think we will try and move tyreke this offseason, but if we can't, we will just resign Asik and try and use the MLE on someone like jae crowder.

I also think, they will try to stick with jrue for 1 more year and hope that removing the screws will fix the problem and he can return to his all-star form.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-25-2015 at 01:58 AM.

I wonder how something like trading tyreke for jeff green and then signing dragic would work out. Just off the top of my head. It would prob never happen

jrue
    dragic
    green
    ad
    asik

but to be honest, I think we will try and move tyreke this offseason, but if we can't, we will just resign Asik and try and use the MLE on someone like jae crowder.

I also think, they will try to stick with jrue for 1 more year and hope that removing the screws will fix the problem and he can return to his all-star form.
    I hope we can go after one of the top FA SFs. RFA guys I would like would be Kris Middleton, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Tobias Harris. Would love to have anyone of them and all would be great fits in a way. The UFAs I would like is Demare Carrol who would be a great fit and I think he is definitely possible maybe being the most realistic and I wouldn't mind making a run at Gerald Green. Batum is rumored to maybe being moved and he could be a great fit if he was possible to get. Really though could you imagine this team with Gordon and Tyreke being replaced by Dragic and one of those guys at SF while basically keeping the rest of this team intact if possible. I really think that would be a legit championship roster. I'm guessing Carrol would be the most realistic one since he is unrestricted but anyone of those guys would be amazing. Draymond Green is my dream pickup though.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-25-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Would be nice to go after one of the top FA SFs. RFA guys I would like would be Kris Middleton, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Tobias Harris. Would love to have anyone of them and all would be great fits in a way. The UFAs I would like would be Demare Carrol would be a great fit who I think is definitely possible and I wouldn't mind making a run at Gerald Green. Batum is rumored to maybe being moved and he could be a great fit if he was possible to get. Really though could you imagine this team with Gordon and Tyreke being replaced by Dragic and one of those guys at SF while basically keeping the rest of this team intact if possible. I really think that would be a legit championship roster. I'm guessing Carrol would be the most realistic one since he is unrestricted but anyone of those guys would be amazing. Draymond Green is my dream pickup though.
    i think demarre carrol is the best fit. Of course I would want jimmy butler or draymond green first but i think they are pipe dreams. I went with crowder just to be realistic. I also think crowder will turn in a demarre carrol 2.0 though.

i think demarre carrol is the best fit. Of course I would want jimmy butler or draymond green first but i think they are pipe dreams. I went with crowder just to be realistic. I also think crowder will turn in a demarre carrol 2.0 though.
    Yea Crowder would be nice and he reminds me a lot of Carrol also. Those 2 guys are probably the most realistic options. I really think Carrol can be had and would be a huge get for us. Really though Holiday/Dragic/Carrol/Davis/Asik and the rest of the roster intact could be a top 4 seed in the west next year. I just love the back court possibility of Jrue and Dragic. They would be so perfect for AD it's not even funny. Having both of them on the court to feed him the ball and getting the ball down the court would give teams nightmares it really would. I would have no problem waiting another year for Gordon to expire if that's what it took to get a perfect SF fit for this team and waiting a year is what it mite take.

Yea Crowder would be nice and he reminds me a lot of Carrol also. Those 2 guys are probably the most realistic options. I really think Carrol can be had and would be a huge get for us. Really though Holiday/Dragic/Carrol/Davis/Asik and the rest of the roster intact could be a top 4 seed in the west next year. I just love the back court possibility of Jrue and Dragic. They would be so perfect for AD it's not even funny. Having both of them on the court to feed him the ball and getting the ball down the court would give teams nightmares it really would. I would have no problem waiting another year for Gordon to expire if that's what it took to get a perfect SF fit for this team and waiting a year is what it mite take.
    i agree with u, if we would have had a healthy jrue all season, and ryno like he used to play we could have been a 6th seed this year maybe. With AD improving, Jrue healthy, if we can add a piece, things will be fun.

i agree with u, if we would have had a healthy jrue all season, and ryno like he used to play we could have been a 6th seed this year maybe. With AD improving, Jrue healthy, if we can add a piece, things will be fun.
    I have no doubt with a healthy Jrue and Anderson this team is a 6th seed or higher. Just imagine if we had Cole, Pondexter, and Cunningham along with those guys healthy for the entire year. This team would have probably been a 55 win team. I don't understand all of the Anderson hate all the sudden when he was a fan favorite and considered untouchable a year ago. The guy went through probably the hardest thing anyone could imagine dealing with then having a next surgery and some other lingering things to keep him off the court. He was basically just working his way back in shape and getting a little court time to prepare for next season. I have no doubt in my mind he comes back to that player we had before the injuries and again becomes one of our more valuable players. He wasn't even in the right system I can't imagine how good that guy could be in an uptempo offense. This team as is will be damn good next season with everyone back healthy let alone getting someone like Dragic and a really good SF. The best thing about Anderons injuries and his slump this year we probably get him for a freakin steal and hometown discount on his next contract if we keep him around which I really hope we do.

Pels among team wanting Heat's FA Goran Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    When Dragic forced a trade away from Phoenix he had two reasons why
    1- He didn't like how Isaiah Thomas killed ball movement and took so many shots away from him and
    2- He wanted to play for a big market.

Between Reke, AD, Gordon, Anderson, and Holiday we have some pretty high usage players. We are the smallest market in the NBA. He's also looking for a max contract. Would you give him the max? Are a team of AD, Dragic, and whatever else we can keep around a championship team? Who takes our players for it? Would the Heat even do a sign and trade for those players?
    Not saying he wouldn't come here but it sure sounds like there are a ton of issues that would have to be cleared up first.

Maybe it's not true. Maybe our front office who never seems to leak anything isn't leaking this and it's being reported by Dragic's agent in order to try and show more interest in his client. Which is more likely to you?
    There were some tweets on hoopshype about how Dragic wanted to be the starting point for a team. Not sure how true that is but it just so happens that most of the large market teams that can afford him also need point guards. Dallas, Houston,Lakers, Heat, Knicks....

I'll find the tweets later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    There were some tweets on hoopshype about how Dragic wanted to be the starting point for a team. Not sure how true that is but it just so happens that most of the large market teams that can afford him also need point guards. Dallas, Houston,Lakers, Heat, Knicks....

I'll find the tweets later.
    Yea I could definitely see him going to those teams but they also aren't much different then us regarding sharing the ball handling duties. I just see them in a similar situation with Ellis who needs the ball a lot and is a combo guard. The Heat have Wade who is no PG but he definitely has the ball as much as one but even a worse fit then Holiday would be. Houston again he would be dealing with Harden who would have the ball more than him where he is also sharing the duties but Harden is a great spot of shooter compared to the rest of the list. Out of those teams the only ones would be the Lakers and Knicks where he could actually be a true PG without another guard needing the ball a lot. He would have Kobe who will be gone in a year or 2 and Melo who he could mesh with even though he needs the ball. Not many of those situations would be much different then ours even though we have a PG and most of those teams are just high usage ball handlers who wouldn't be as good off the ball as Jrue would be. I think we are definitely a possibility if we have the right coach and Dell can sell him on his role along while playing with AD. Only time can tell.

I wonder how something like trading tyreke for jeff green and then signing dragic would work out.
    It wouldn't. We have no cap space right now and swapping Tyreke for Green would more or less leave us in the same cap space situation, not having any. We have to dump at least 2 of our core players to have any semblance of cap space. Dumping Gordon and Tyreke gets you $19 million in cap space, barely enough to get into the Dragic conversation. Take any players back and you don't have enough cap space to go after Dragic. You also lose the MLE and Early Bird Rights on Ajinca an Babbitt and the BAE that seemed to be a good way to keep Cunningham. So you're essentially trading Gordon/Tyreke/Ajinca/Cunningham and an MLE FA like Gerald Green/Jae Crowder for Dragic. It's the same situation going after DeAndre Jordan, targeting any $20 million max player that isn't a top 10 player is pretty much a 1 step forward 2 steps back move because the cost of acquiring that max player is your depth just like when we got Tyreke.

Miami REALLY wanted Dragic.... I doubt they'll let him go as they'll have money to spend and will more than likely max him. I wouldn't get too excited about the thought of Dragic in a Pels uni, but its fun to discuss I guess.

The Franchise
    I like dragic but I think age and salary demands are going to make it tough. I'd sign and trade Reke in a sec but I think he wants more than 10 million and 15 million is too much for a guy his age.

Thread Information