Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BSS: Jimmer Fredette Season In Review

BSS: Jimmer Fredette Season In Review

I know that Jimmer (this past season) was the second most polarizing player (after Reke), but I thought this was a well done write up on Jimmy. Give it a read.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...mmer-fredette/

I hope we bring Jimmer back ( I wonder if Tibs would be game for that seeing as how they worked together briefly in Chicago), as I think in a well run system, he could be the shooter we could use.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Jimmertime. I don't think he returns under the new coach but it was fun while we had him.

I'm just trying to figure how Jimmer got a SIR before any significant rotation player.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Jimmertime. I don't think he returns under the new coach but it was fun while we had him.
    Nah.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I'm just trying to figure how Jimmer got a SIR before any significant rotation player.
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/ta...n-review-2015/

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Not sure what you consider significant, but they've already done Cole, Pondexter, Anderson, Ajinca, and all of the starters at least. I know I'm not remembering them all off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonGinsberg View Post

I think his comment only feeds to the narrative of how polarizing Jimmer is. Jimmer could have played 10% of our teams total minuets this season, and people still would have said, "well, was there nobody else you could write about?"

I guess he was waiting on the Nate Wolters and Gel Mickel season in reviews before Jimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonGinsberg View Post

Oops sorry I guess they just weren't posted on here. Thanks for the link though, I've been waiting to read them.

Blog Entries
    Here's a link to all of them if you're interested--

audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

. . . and then there was Dante Cunningham, who is going to pick up a decent contract this year, but probably not with the Pelicans. Too bad he didn't deserve a tip from bourbon street.

I would love for Jimmer to be a valuable piece in this team but he was so terrible at shooting this year. Maybe a new coach can get some use out of him because I think he could be a valuable bench piece to come in on a team that gets out and runs the floor. He was in a slump and never really got out of it this year. If we keep him around then he will get his chance but he needs to do something with his opportunity instead of making it impossible to warrant playing time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by observerII View Post
    . . . and then there was Dante Cunningham, who is going to pick up a decent contract this year, but probably not with the Pelicans. Too bad he didn't deserve a tip from bourbon street.
    His is coming later, and I am writing it actually.

I don't believe he will get much of a contract. Surprisingly, he had a terrible season by the numbers when you compare them to his past seasons. Yes, we saw the hustle and heart, but that is not what gets you paid in the summer.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I would love for Jimmer to be a valuable piece in this team but he was so terrible at shooting this year. Maybe a new coach can get some use out of him because I think he could be a valuable bench piece to come in on a team that gets out and runs the floor. He was in a slump and never really got out of it this year. If we keep him around then he will get his chance but he needs to do something with his opportunity instead of making it impossible to warrant playing time for him.
    Or we could just get rid of him asap. He can bring his year-long shooting slumps in some other nice place like i don't know...los angeles. Lakers side possibly.

Not every guy on your bench is going to be Lebron James or CP3, some of them might be Mateen Cleaves, Jackson Vroman, or Jimmer Fredette.

Bring back Jimmy.

Banned
    I've found that you aren't allowed to support him because your a religious nut, but it sure was ok to rip on him once his fans were run off. Under the I don't hate him...I just hate his fans guise.

I hope for his sake he doesn't come back here. Jimmer in New Orleans is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I've found that you aren't allowed to support him because your a religious nut, but it sure was ok to rip on him once his fans were run off. Under the I don't hate him...I just hate his fans guise.

I hope for his sake he doesn't come back here. Jimmer in New Orleans is just odd.
    You're not a religious and nut. You're a Jimmer nut. Louisiana is in the Bible Belt. Religious people are all around and nearly every family is religious. Religion has nothing to do with it. Play on the court has everything to do with it.

He showed absolutely ZERO that deserved more minutes of play. He was beyond horrible. He was one of the worst players in the league last season. These are the facts. . .and yet. . .

If you read the season recap comments people were throwing everyone BUT Jimmer under the bus. It was the coaches, team mates, training staff, fans, gardener fault that Jimmer was horrible. He couldn't possibly be that bad. 5 coaches and 3 teams are all wrong and don't know how to use him properly. That's not his fault, it's their fault.

He has THE. MOST. DELUSIONAL. Fans I've ever seen. Not just in basketball but in any sport.

I supported Rivers in hopes he would develop. I still do hope he has success because he seems like a great guy. But I am realistic enough to recognize the issues are with him not with the Pels or Clippers organizations.

How anyone could defend Jimmer after the horrible show he put on this past season is beyond me. Continue to hope he has success because he seems like a good guy but be realistic at this point that it's not everyone else's fault. It's his.

Jimmer needs to not be in New Orleans not because somewhere else he will be awesome. He needs to not be on our roster because he's garbage and his fans are the most annoying fans of any sport. Even if he had some value to the team (which he doesn't) his fans are so bad that to the detriment to the team I'd still rather he leave.

Also, trying to blame it on Religion really shows how weak and pathetic his supporters are. Hide behind anything and everything to not have to face the simple truth of him being a terrible NBA player. Good riddance. Behind hiring Mark Jackson, the single most disappointing thing I'd experience is Jimmer somehow staying here and having to deal with another season of his fans.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Jimmer would be fine to bring back as a locker room guy and 15th man who never plays. I wouldn't mind his fanatics moving on, however.
    @DanielVeuleman

He did have his moments this season, however I thought we would be getting the guy that showed up in preseason. I would keep him around for his ability to be put on the court in situations with 5 seconds left in a game, and being up by two.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You're not a religious and nut. You're a Jimmer nut. Louisiana is in the Bible Belt. Religious people are all around and nearly every family is religious. Religion has nothing to do with it. Play on the court has everything to do with it.

He showed absolutely ZERO that deserved more minutes of play. He was beyond horrible. He was one of the worst players in the league last season. These are the facts. . .and yet. . .

If you read the season recap comments people were throwing everyone BUT Jimmer under the bus. It was the coaches, team mates, training staff, fans, gardener fault that Jimmer was horrible. He couldn't possibly be that bad. 5 coaches and 3 teams are all wrong and don't know how to use him properly. That's not his fault, it's their fault.

He has THE. MOST. DELUSIONAL. Fans I've ever seen. Not just in basketball but in any sport.

I supported Rivers in hopes he would develop. I still do hope he has success because he seems like a great guy. But I am realistic enough to recognize the issues are with him not with the Pels or Clippers organizations.

How anyone could defend Jimmer after the horrible show he put on this past season is beyond me. Continue to hope he has success because he seems like a good guy but be realistic at this point that it's not everyone else's fault. It's his.

Jimmer needs to not be in New Orleans not because somewhere else he will be awesome. He needs to not be on our roster because he's garbage and his fans are the most annoying fans of any sport. Even if he had some value to the team (which he doesn't) his fans are so bad that to the detriment to the team I'd still rather he leave.

Also, trying to blame it on Religion really shows how weak and pathetic his supporters are. Hide behind anything and everything to not have to face the simple truth of him being a terrible NBA player. Good riddance. Behind hiring Mark Jackson, the single most disappointing thing I'd experience is Jimmer somehow staying here and having to deal with another season of his fans.
    That was an awful long comment about Jimmer to be calling me a nut.

Nor was it accurate. Jimmer had a few good games this year, just not as many as (I guess qualify) expected.

You have no answers I see. Just like all Jimmer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Nor was it accurate. Jimmer had a few good games this year, just not as many as (I guess qualify) expected.
    Please show what was inaccurate. Never did I say he had zero good games. But on the whole, for the season, he was one of the worst players in the league. This is accurate.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mythrol;1321500]You have no answers I see. Just like all Jimmer fans.

He runs anti bullying campaigns and holds camps...He was a really good college player. Maybe, just maybe, people want to see a good guy play well. The psycho fans are a vocal minority that can be annoying. Most people just like him like any other player. Certain people like in politics can't get themselves to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Please show what was inaccurate. Never did I say he had zero good games. But on the whole, for the season, he was one of the worst players in the league. This is accurate.
    He was the worst player by your rankings then, because PER has him plugged between Jordan Farmar, and Steve Blake (for his position), between Pondexter and Hawes in the West, and #326 in the entire NBA. Now if we aren't using PER, where is he the worst player in the NBA.

I think he was misused here, lost his confidence, and never bounced back. If you bring him back and let him work for an end of the bench job I think he would do better than what he did this past year. Make him fight for it, and force him to play at his pre-season level (which if he had kept at, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now).

He runs anti bullying campaigns and holds camps...He was a really good college player. Maybe, just maybe, people want to see a good guy play well. The psycho fans are a vocal minority that can be annoying. Most people just like him like any other player. Certain people like in politics can't get themselves to understand that.
    There is nothing wrong with pulling for a good guy.

What is wrong is when you try blaming religion on why people don't like him. It's simply not true. He's not good, that's why people don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He was the worst player by your rankings then, because PER has him plugged between Jordan Farmar, and Steve Blake (for his position), between Pondexter and Hawes in the West, and #326 in the entire NBA. Now if we aren't using PER, where is he the worst player in the NBA.

I think he was misused here, lost his confidence, and never bounced back. If you bring him back and let him work for an end of the bench job I think he would do better than what he did this past year. Make him fight for it, and force him to play at his pre-season level (which if he had kept at, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now).
    Again, you are not reading what I said. I said he was ONE OF the worst players in the league. Not the worst. And this is factually correct.

Out of all 492 players (including all 10 day contracts and cut players) ranked using a combination of all on court contributions he was tied for 403 place. There were only 3 players worse than him that played more games than him. He ranked in the 19th percentile. That is one of the worst players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/seasonleaders...gue/nba/page/9
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-24-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Banned
    That is your opinion as to why you don't like him. He isn't going to be here next year or the NBA probably so it doesn't matter.

Thread Information