Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Van Gundy is now a candidate ???

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Freakin J. Smith had his riproaring CHAT on NOLA today (w/ all of 2 people) & this goober is setting up this organization to look like GreyGoose drinkers begging for Taaka price tag.It's as if we dont HIRE JVG,he's going all out to tell common folk "See,I told you Demps is power hungry & Benson is cheap.. I am ALMOST under the assumption that SMITH really doesn't have atrue conviction as far as a "COACH", but if this one falls through, it will accomplish his mission. I'm having a gag reflex bout now.
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-27-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Don't read that garbage. They have no clue what they are talking about and have an agenda. They are anti-Demps, it's so clear. Plus, they don't have Pels sources. Only two of us do - BSS and The Advocate
    I got banned from nola.com for calling them out on it

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    I got banned from nola.com for calling them out on it
    Hey, me too ! It allows me to post,but once my 3 minutes are up, I'm OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Hey, me too ! It allows me to post,but once my 3 minutes are up, I'm OUT!
    I asked Jimmy to say something nice about Dell Demps. Commented was deleted a few minutes later and then none of my comments after that would show up.

I deleted the post. I do think JVG wants the job. Here is the interview on Dan Patrick show not the Jimmy Smith show!

Why don't the Pelicans take away Jimmy Spams media passes away?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I deleted the post. I do think JVG wants the job. Here is the interview on Dan Patrick show not the Jimmy Smith show!

It's Agenda driven overthere & if it's not a GROUPTHINK session, then you're OUT!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I asked Jimmy to say something nice about Dell Demps. Commented was deleted a few minutes later and then none of my comments after that would show up.
    Bender?

I said "Jimmy,why is it always about money i.e.(you claiming the organization is cheap?) When that is an axiomatically incorrect premise based on Saints prior actions. POOF,gone! I think my name is on Auto-Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Bender?
    I thought my avatar would give that away

I thought my avatar would give that away
    I never paid much attention haha, I go by nolafan90 on there.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Guardian .... I like Demps and agree with you on that. But, Presti has been impressive in the draft. You can definitely question the Harden situation, but that was a tough one to deal with knowing that he was gone. Maybe there was some clever way of keeping 4 max guys, not sure.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka weren't guarantee success stories, so you can't downplay those draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I never paid much attention haha, I go by nolafan90 on there.
    I was going to guess as much. Btw I'm Dan Dikau now haha
    Last edited by PhilJFry; 05-27-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Just posted by Adrian Wojnarowski:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...225705976.html

Sources: Pelicans interview Jeff Van Gundy for coaching vacancy

The New Orleans Pelicans’ coaching search is gathering momentum, a process that included a formal interview Tuesday with Jeff Van Gundy, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Van Gundy, one of the NBA’s top available coaches, and New Orleans officials met in the Bay Area to discuss the opening. The sides had spoken over the phone, but this was the first face-to-face meeting, league sources said.

And there it is.

BTW - I would rather TALK UP the Advocate than talk down T-P. Let's just ignore them.

The Advocate does a lot of good work, and believe me, they are far more plugged in than T-P. Read them!!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Explain what is so wow? Lmk what Presti has done that is so special. He made some good draft picks but other than that what? I never said Demps was better by any means I said Presti has not done that much more and he hasn't. If you wanna blame Demps for bad things then blame Presti who has traded away a top 5 player for nothing. Traded for a garbage Perkins. Instead of saying wow lmk what in my post is so wrong.
    You are a joke. Seriously. Hasn't done much more? Playoffs 5 out of 8 seasons with a championship appearance.

The best draft success in the last decade, in the conversation for one of the best draft success streaks of all time.

No other GM has managed to find 4 top tier players at their position in the last decade besides Presti.

And he didn't just luck into those draft picks either and he could of easily went the Demps route and traded his picks after he got Durant. He was smart enough and didn't.

Ibaka was 24th. Westbrook was largely considered a reach at 4 until people realized what he was. Harden seems like a sure bet now but there were questions of maybe they should of gone with Rubio or Evans instead of him. Since then he has filled out that roster with what many consider to be the most talented group next to Golden State in the West.

Has he made mistakes? Sure, but you talk **** about Harden and then completely ignore our CP3 trade. They at least got some young bench depth and a young promising Center, we got an injury prone guard with an attitude problem early on(that we then turned around and made him a 15 million dollar max offer and one of the worst contracts in the league), and a guy not even on our team anymore.

Then we traded 2 1st round picks for a guy that has been on the court almost less then the overpriced guy. A guy who I like a lot and think can be very good but we traded away the rare opportunity that only OKC has had in recent times which is to have 1-3 more early lottery picks after hitting a grand slam on your first rebuilding year. We rushed the rebuild and all that has led to is a first round exit and our coach getting fired.

On pure strategy alone Presti is the better GM. Presti understood the opportunity he had after getting Durant his first go round in the rebuild period. He didn't get drunk and hit the throttle on the rebuild and try and rush things. He stood the course, knowing that Durant, like Davis, needed a couple years to get his feet under him in the league and once he did the chance to ever sniff the early part of the draft again will be permanently gone until his grand slam player is gone.

So he took that time of growth for his superstar to stockpile more lottery talent to hopefully find another star to put next to him in a league where top flight talent concentration is the best formula for success.

Dell on the other hand sold off those potential early lottery assets for those types of players that are available every year for a couple first rounders. As we saw with Dragic and soon to be Lawson and we saw with Mozgov, Kanter, Thomas etc.

Now if we want to talk about results? By Presti's 4th year the roster he built was in the conference finals, next year they were in the NBA finals. Dell got the 8th seed his 4th year and rode the tail end of the CP3 era his first.

For Dell to match Presti's success he would need a finals appearance next season. Not thinking that will happen regardless of who we hire.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    GREAT NEWS!

In spite of my fears that he may not be able to replicate his earlier success and my worries about him offensively, he is still near the top for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post

And there it is.

BTW - I would rather TALK UP the Advocate than talk down T-P. Let's just ignore them.

The Advocate does a lot of good work, and believe me, they are far more plugged in than T-P. Read them!!
    Wish they had a Chat of some sort !

I think the Dan Patrick interview may have given the mule a slight kick in the tail .

I kinda feel the news of the formal interview deserves its own thread.

Lots of people don't always come back to old threads like this once they have tired of the initial discussions.

I was going to guess as much. Btw I'm Dan Dikau now haha
    Oh damn didn't realize that either hahaha, I honestly have no idea how I haven't been banned.

Don't read that garbage. They have no clue what they are talking about and have an agenda. They are anti-Demps, it's so clear. Plus, they don't have Pels sources. Only two of us do - BSS and The Advocate
    What, you don't believe Jimmy Smith's mailbag with all people who agree with him?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And there it is.

They have a better name too.

Thread Information