Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jahlil Okafor

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Jahlil Okafor

MM, I'm curious why you think Okafor won't be a top 3 player from this draft.

I think Okafor won't be Davis, but he will be a good one for the next decade. Talk about "Where ya at?" Rose, Parker, and Okafor all grew up within a few miles of each other.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Also, if they do grab Okafor, how do we find a way to get Dieng down here. Depth at the 4/5 is a luxory, and if we can find a way to buy in on Dieng, we need to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Also, if they do grab Okafor, how do we find a way to get Dieng down here. Depth at the 4/5 is a luxory, and if we can find a way to buy in on Dieng, we need to make that happen.
    The T-Wolves are going to be a serious team in the near future. Lavine, Wiggins, and landing a top big man from this class is no joke. Lavine really impressed me with his ability to be a facilitator later in the season. I think he has a legit shot being a PG like a Rose/Westbrook type but if not will be one hell of a SG. Wiggins is the real deal and once he matures while building up some confidence he can be a top 5 player in this league.

I would like to get Dieng and think he could be a great fit on this team. Him and Davis could be a nice duo.

Glad the Lakers got a decent pick and have a chance to build something special with Randle and whoever they decide to go with in the draft. Not a Lakers fan but a fan of the NBA and the Lakers being good is good for basketball. They probably won't be any good but would be nice to see them atleast compete. Wonder if the Knicks make a move with the Lakers trading Melo for the 2nd pick.

Read the Phil mite move the pick if they don't land in the top 3. What would it cost us to move into the 4th spot? Is there a player anybody would want if we could?

Man, if Randell pans out, and they take Towns, the Lakers potentially could have a pretty mean front court. Then again, they still need 9 other players, cuz that team is trash.

when people watch okafor, does anyone else see al jefferson like i do?

He'll be a very good player, but not a franchise player.

I KAT in this draft. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Glad the Lakers got a decent pick and have a chance to build something special with Randle and whoever they decide to go with in the draft. Not a Lakers fan but a fan of the NBA and the Lakers being good is good for basketball. They probably won't be any good but would be nice to see them atleast compete. Wonder if the Knicks make a move with the Lakers trading Melo for the 2nd pick.
    I never get this "lakers good is good for basketball". Why? Because they have a winning history? They can rot at the bottom of the conference from here to all eternity as far as i'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What do you think of this trade?

Twolves get:
    SG Eric Gordon (expiring)
    PF Ryan Anderson (expiring)
    Draft C Okafor/Towns

Pelicans get
    C Gorgui Dieng
    SG Kevin Martin
    PF Anthony Bennett
    SF Chase Budinger (expiring)
    We re-sign Cunningham, Ajinca, and Cole

Our lineup

PG: Holiday, Cole
    SG: Evans, Martin
    SF: Pondexter, Budinger, Babbitt
    PF: Davis, Cunningham, Bennett
    C: Dieng, Ajinca, Withey

Think of the money we could throw at a SF and/or C in 2016 if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I never get this "lakers good is good for basketball". Why? Because they have a winning history? They can rot at the bottom of the conference from here to all eternity as far as i'm concerned
    Ditto. They are actually everything that is wrong with the NBA. Also, what is that a pic of in your sig??

Darkhorse, That is not a trade I would do as Pels GM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Especially when Martin was loved by Monty. Who is gone...

We had a damn hard conference this year. Add to this healthy OKC, re-build Lakers and T-wolves.
    Plus Jazz.
    Jesus Christ...

people underestimate gordon, we are paying him heaps undeserving, but his more valuable than evans, his three point shooting last season was among the best in the league,
    If we move anyone this year, it would be wise to move evans, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    people underestimate gordon, we are paying him heaps undeserving, but his more valuable than evans, his three point shooting last season was among the best in the league,
    he is only a spot up shooter nowadays, considering that James Jones is getting paid 1,4mil / year and fills the same role

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Paying that much to someone that can ONLY shoot from 3 (41% from the field, he'd be well below 40% without his odd 3 point prowess) and has a whopping (wow) 13 ppg in over 33 minutes per game?

Yeah, totally makes sense. Absolutely invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    MM, I'm curious why you think Okafor won't be a top 3 player from this draft.
    Because of where the game is now and where it's going. Even if, best case scenario, he is Al Jefferson - that kind of guy isn't super valuable anymore in this league. I would take both of the guards and Winslow over him. Maybe Johnson too if I have a staff that can help him mature
    @mcnamara247

Winslow looks like an amazing prospect

Banned
    Floor Okafor is overrated. He will be jared sullinger without the injuries.

Stay away from Duke players. The majority of them are not good pros. They are role players at best. There are standouts like Grant Hill and Kyrie Irving but guys like Boozer, Magette, Reddick are the norm
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Because of where the game is now and where it's going. Even if, best case scenario, he is Al Jefferson - that kind of guy isn't super valuable anymore in this league. I would take both of the guards and Winslow over him. Maybe Johnson too if I have a staff that can help him mature
    So who are your top 3? Towns, Mudiay, Russell, and Winslow are your top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Stay away from Duke players. The majority of them are not good pros. They are role players at best. There are standouts like Grant Hill and Kyrie Irving but guys like Boozer, Magette, Reddick are the norm
    So if Lebron would have gone there, he would have been bad?

Evaluate each player individually. Not the school he attended for 9 months

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    So who are your top 3? Towns, Mudiay, Russell, and Winslow are your top 4.
    I think Mudiay is gonna be a star. He is who I would take at 2 if I were the Lakers and I would seriously consider thanking him first if I were Minny, then trading Rubio. I would go Russell third, and I might even take Cauley-Stein over Okafor. I mean, where the NBA is going, would you rather have a Noah/Chandler hybrid or Al Jefferson?

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    he is only a spot up shooter nowadays, considering that James Jones is getting paid 1,4mil / year and fills the same role
    i dont think you read what i said, his contract is undeserving.. but if you keep him one more year and give him a valuable contract the next is better off than shipping him off for nothing.. i would rather tyreke off the roster

Thread Information