Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How the Pelicans Can Create Room for a DeAndre Jordan max contract

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Hypothetically, if Kevin Durant were to sign with us, would we use him mostly at the 3?
    Of course he would start at the 3 he is not a PF. But going small ball and having Durant at the 4 with Davis at the 5 seems near unstoppable and impossible to match if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I thought we had had enough of centres with no offensive game?
    We do not need a high usage center on this team with a great offensive game. What Jordan does on offense is perfect for this team. He an elite defender and elite rebounder. Has the best FG% in basketball. He does everything Asik does just much better and also brings everything we want from Asik around the rim. Griffin and Jordan is nice but Davis and Jordan is ridiculous. He is similiar to Davis before he had a great mid range game. He can a huge impact on a game without a point on offense. He is AD pre mid range and handles in a centers body. He is young enough to develop a better post game with hard work.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-19-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Listening to Stephen A Smith in Mad Dog radio and supposedly there has been tension between CP3 and Jordan all season.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    We do not need a high usage center on this team with a great offensive game. What Jordan does on offense is perfect for this team. He an elite defender and elite rebounder. Has the best FG% in basketball. He does everything Asik does just much better and also brings everything we want from Asik around the rim. Griffin and Jordan is nice but Davis and Jordan is ridiculous. He is similiar to Davis before he had a great mid range game. He can a huge impact on a game without a point on offense. He is AD pre mid range and handles in a centers body. He is young enough to develop a better post game with hard work.
    DJ don't put in dat work.

Cp3 is pissed that he won't improve his free throws

I would rather have Aşık back cheaper. Jordan is overrated and he wasn't elite at all this year defensively.

I agree.......don't think the guy is worth a max contract. He didn't help the Clips make it to the Conf. finals with all of that talent he was surrounded with.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    We really want to consider adding DJ to a team that is already basketball IQ challenged? No thanks.

Not worth a max IMO unless he magically develops an offensive game
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Trading Evans is the optimum choice.
    i hear ya.

option 3
    Jrue Holliday
    Eric Gordon
    Justin Anderson
    AD
    DJ

why justin anderson- (NBA body, imo will be defensive pariah ........shooting 45% on 3's this past year w/ the form to keep it up- promise) most who shoot this well shoot more; hence their % falls- but thats why he is special- he's efficient and about the W-I-N which is evident when looking at virginia's record

2nd rounder; why joseph young- think jason terry. liability defensively- savy scorer with excellent scoring ability.- at any point of a pick-n-roll will put it in the hoop is granted a look from 25 feet in- athleticism to make it work. watch him work pick-n-roll offense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vczml8XjQ7k
    taking young is like conceding that one will not get a starter in the draft, but will get a one-trick-pony that puts points up while starters rest

still don't know if DJ would be my choice. I cant stand a starter that cant make FT's my problem with TYREKE EVANS AT GUARD. HE ALWAYS MISSES ONE FT AT LEAST WHEN IT COUNTS
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 05-19-2015 at 03:16 PM.

wouldn't Roy Hibbert offer the same dynamic in regards to a big-body doing the rim-protecting (but can make free throws (82% last year) for a much lower price; hence, letting us pursue strengthening other areas??

he and EG both make 14.9 m
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 05-19-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Don't think Hibbert will be much lower. Could actually cost more if he opts in and then gets a new contract based off next years cap
    @mcnamara247

...we get to go McDonalds
    Probably in the minority on this, but DeAndre Jordan is NOT a max player.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    wouldn't Roy Hibbert offer the same dynamic in regards to a big-body doing the rim-protecting (but can make free throws (82% last year) for a much lower price; hence, letting us pursue strengthening other areas??

he and EG both make 14.9 m
    I haven't followed him much this year, but isn't hibbert like pathetic on the boards and nothing supernatural as a defender on the whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    You might not be in the minority if you expanded on this with reasons, facts, numbers, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Maybe in your opinion but for him to be a true max player by the definition. Just 1 team has to offer him the max and that is guaranteed to happen. Which indeed makes him a max player.

I'd love to have Jordan next to AD, but the Jordan that was being paid closer to what the Clippers paid him. I would not go max on him for our team. I'd rather go on looking for a younger version of Jordan that could give us 80% of what he does (defend, rebound and score from inside of 5') than tie that money up with DJ, as much as I admire his skill set. Could also look at a vet like Tyson Chandler or even bring back Asik on a reasonable deal. I want to hold on to more cap flexibility to build a solid 1-9 around AD.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You might not be in the minority if you expanded on this with reasons, facts, numbers, etc
    Pay DJ or Brook Lopez?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Pay DJ or Brook Lopez?
    DJ has no injury history so i'd rather him.

I like DJ but there's too much that we need to do in order to pay him. Trading Eric Gordon (this summer) will be tough. maybe easier to deal near the deadline, but it'll be tough to trade him now.

I think we'll mess around and try to bring back Robin Lopez, which wouldn't be all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by itsADstime View Post
    DJ has no injury history so i'd rather him.
    OK, rephrase; All health being =, Lopez or DJ

In that case, imagine if DJ had shaq's offensive game. You can't compare two players and discount or add in parts of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by itsADstime View Post
    In that case, imagine if DJ had shaq's offensive game. You can't compare two players and discount or add in parts of their game.
    Lopez is so polished offensively & whwew, its hard to get over the bricks at the foul line! I truly believe thats the BIGGEST reason why I wouldnt pay Max for DJ

I need to know the coach too. For instance:

Messina, Holberg, Miller - give me Lopez
    Thibs, Gentry, JVG - give me DJ

Messina, Holberg, Miller - give me Lopez
    Health or no health ? same money or different ? I guess 4 questions. I think in the right system, Lopez could be worth as much as DJ! Definitely if healthy. Still might take a shot as is.

Messina, Hoiberg, Miller - give me Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I like DJ but there's too much that we need to do in order to pay him. Trading Eric Gordon (this summer) will be tough. maybe easier to deal near the deadline, but it'll be tough to trade him now.

I think we'll mess around and try to bring back Robin Lopez, which wouldn't be all bad.
    I think Gordon has more trade value than we give him credit. He played well this season. Is he a max contract player...no, but His value I think skyrocketed this season. Was he pretty healthy , did he shoot well , and he is an expiring contract . Not saying we could get much back, but dumping his salary will be easier this year than ever before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information