Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Report: Fred Hoiberg is Bulls' top choice if team, Thibodeau part ways

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...cepting-trade/

Report: Tom Thibodeau believed to prefer sitting out next season rather than helping Bulls by accepting trade

Speculation about Thibodeau being traded is just that. There is a feeling amongst insiders that Thibodeau will “not allow himself to be traded” to help the Bulls and will wait to be fired even if it means waiting and missing out on the current openings.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Hopefully the bulls stay pat and we don't risk getting him. I'd really rather about 5-6 of the others we've heard of to be honest

In other words, I'm not interested in coaching a non-playoff team at this time.

Edit: Or he could be trying to force them to go ahead and fire him now.
    Last edited by DirtySouf; 05-22-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    In other words, I'm not interested in coaching a non-playoff team at this time.
    I honestly don't think that's it at all. As much as it seems people on here don't want him. Guaranteed our interest in him is real. So, we are def a destination spot for him. I think he genuinely just don't want to be apart of anything that's gonna benefit the FO of the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Hopefully the bulls stay pat and we don't risk getting him. I'd really rather about 5-6 of the others we've heard of to be honest
    There's 3-4 candidates I would prefer over Thibs, but I'd rather Thibs over Gentry for sure.

JVG, Cal, Hoidberg>Thibs
    Atkinson=Thibs
    Thibs>Anyone else we've heard mentioned in the coaching search
    Last edited by RUFshreve; 05-22-2015 at 02:38 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

Speculation about Thibodeau being traded is just that. There is a feeling amongst insiders that Thibodeau will “not allow himself to be traded” to help the Bulls and will wait to be fired even if it means waiting and missing out on the current openings.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I honestly don't think that's it at all. As much as it seems people on here don't want him. Guaranteed our interest in him is real. So, we are def a destination spot for him. I think he genuinely just don't want to be apart of anything that's gonna benefit the FO of the Bulls.
    I was actually referring to Orlando. I think they have the assets to acquire Thibs in a trade. I'm sure if he was fired he would definitely jump at the opportunity to coach the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Already posted above...

Thread Information