Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: First take and the monty firing

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    No, thats not what I asked ! I was bumping from another quote ! Only 6 coaches being African American, I do not think has a racist undertone. As I do NOT believe that only 20% of Caucasions playing is racial. It's who the org thinks is the next best man up.
    Stephen A. Smith is not racist. He is a provacoteur . But, if only 20% of coach's are African American & it is made to be racial, then why is it not racial that only 20% of the players are white?
    Oh yeah?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Oh yeah?
    It was an antecdote to the train of thought that "Just because oonly 6 of 30 coach's are African American" Then Holy Crap" it has to be A racist undertone !

It was an antecdote to the train of thought that "Just because oonly 6 of 30 coach's are African American" Then Holy Crap" it has to be A racist undertone !
    No, it's ignorant talk. If you can't see the difference then i'm sure as hell not going to waste my time explaining it further.

Yes? I also realize that bread is on the outside of most sandwiches.
    Hold on... You can't just gloss over important facts... Tell me more about these bread inside sandwiches...
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

I have two main thoughts about this video.

1. SAS does make a decent point that there should be more black coaches, but he does not necessarily say New Orleans is wrong for that. He is blaming the NBA culture as a whole. He's not saying that Tom Benson is a racist or that New Orleanians are wearing white hoods. In fact, as others pointed out, it didn't really matter who was fired or for what team. He was waiting to make this point and Monty's firing provided a perfect excuse.

2. Neither Skip nor SAS have an inkling of how good or bad a coach Monty is because they don't pay attention to the team. They spoke in too many generalities. I'm willing to bet the Spurs/Pelicans game and the playoff games were the only games they saw all year. Which I'm not exactly blaming them for, since their network didn't carry us for too many games. But it does mean that when they talk about the Pelicans, their points ring hollow.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    There really should be more women coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I thought the percentage was something like 13%?
    12.3 percent in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post

That assistant coach for the Spurs was pretty cute. Maybe we should give her a call?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    That assistant coach for the Spurs was pretty cute. Maybe we should give her a call?
    I would attend more games for sure

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Hold on... You can't just gloss over important facts... Tell me more about these bread inside sandwiches...
    The Earl would be horrified!

I want Doris Burke to be an NBA coach so she'll stop asking me questions in 2K.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I said outside jerkface , and if you're looking for bread inside of sanwiches.

I said outside jerkface , and if you're looking for bread inside of sanwiches.

John Montagu, the fourth Earl, is looking at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yeah, no.

No examples, no links, nothing.

Not buying this at all.
    This. SAS is no racist. That is hyperbole.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I so do hate these threads, but I'll just say a few things and not to offend anyone, but if we stop talking about racism it not only will continue exist it will but it'll fester and become a worse problem eventually(which is what happening now) Just because you ignore something doesn't mean it stops existing. Only when we talk about these problems, the causes and find solutions through confronting it with understanding is when it'll stop, ignoring it is probably the reason why it won't go away honestly. Just putting in my two cents. And SAS is always saying something about black coaches, but the reason why we don't have that many black coaches is deeper than people are racist, that's just being lazy.
    Great point. Its fairly lazy to say racisim does not exist. The point I was making was that racism did not factor in Monty losing his job. I mean Dell Demps (a black man) fired him for Christ sake! Let's not forget the true reason here, which the media will continue to ignore nor give a damn about because the know NOTHING nor care about us. Whatever they say, rumor, or imply is all pathetic and ignorant. They show a huge amount of disrespect for our franchise in general, so this race card excuse is the absolute last thing I wanna hear. Its all about their ploy (yes I truly stand and believe this) to cause chaos and confusion to take star players from small cities to bring them to the media "homes" . The media can stick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    The NBA is 80% black and there are only 6 black coaches. I don't care if this involves our team or not, that number strikes me as odd. Sure, we'd like to believe it's only about sports, but the real world doesn't work that way. FYI, just because SAS is a black man that talks about race doesn't mean that's all he talks about.
    Maybe white guys are just better coaches like black guys are better players.

Like in the NFL white guys are better quarterbacks. It is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post

Did I just wake up in the 80's?

Where am I?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Did I just wake up in the 80's?

Where am I?
    More like the 50's.....

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post

No offense, but that's the most idiotic thing I've read in quite sometime....LMAO..

Thread Information