Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty Williams fired???[Merged Thread]

its probably the right decision from a basketball standpoint just sucks cause he was such a great guy and looks bad after making the playoffs. but clear faults as an on-court coach

Monty Williams fired???

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    DOES ANYONE think this will affect AD ? I know its a business, but he's a young guy who loved his coach ! THOUGHTS?
    Only thing I can think about is the video where they asked AD about monty's future and he gave ominous answers. Most of the board said 'he is young don't look too deep into it'. I'm pretty sure AD knew Monty wasn't going to be his coach.

This kind of feels like the Mark Jackson fire but with mark it was a rift between him and the organization. I think with Monty they realized he was a good players coach but not the best X's and O's guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by All Metro; 05-12-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    SIGN A SF

I'm just laughing at the post I made in the topic about Tibs on how Monty will be our coach next year and how we have to come to terms with that. And a hour later Monty is fired lol.

WOOOOOOOW I really didnt see this coming.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Maybe Dumars approach is to replace demps too.We'll see.

HE GONE!

Guessing we hear Mike Malone hired? just my guess.

I'm glad Dell has the power now

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Maybe Dumars approach is to replace demps too.We'll see.
    They said Demps made the decision to let Monty go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    This, if true, is actually kind of exciting because at least it shows that Demps is finally becoming the final word in basketball decisions instead of some conglomerate of Loomis, Benson, and Dell.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Who's they?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I'm just laughing at the post I made in the topic about Tibs on how Monty will be our coach next year and how we have to come to terms with that. And a hour later Monty is fired lol.

They just said something about a press conference today on 106.1 FM. anyone else hear it?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I knew this cold when we blew that 20 point lead.

It was just like that miserable season with Spagnola as the Saints DC. Somethings are just so bad, you have to wipe the slate clean.

Tavares Montgomery Williams laid the ground work, now it's time for a real HC to take us to the next level.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Demps Press Conference at 3pm. For obvious reasons. I just hope that the NEXT press conference is soon announcing the replacement. No time to dick around. Get the new coach in and working with the team quick.

I think Loomis and Dell have become kind of close since the Pelicans were bought by Benson. I know he was with Dell a lot and learning as much as he could about the side of basketball from scouting to negotiating contracts. I'm sure he liked what he saw in Dell and that we had the right man running the ship. I liked Monty and would have like another year but Dell is the guy I really don't want to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Who's they?
    It was in one of Woj tweets

I thought finding out we were having a baby was the best news I would hear today.

Adios Monty!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Only thing I can think about is the video where they asked AD about monty's future and he gave ominous answers. Most of the board said 'he is young don't look too deep into it'. I'm pretty sure AD knew Monty wasn't going to be his coach.

This kind of feels like the Mark Jackson fire but with mark it was a rift between him and the organization. I think with Monty they realized he was a good players coach but not the best X's and O's guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opposite. Good Xs and Os guy but doesn't know how to hold boneheads accountable.

I for one do not agree with this... The guy never really got a chance with full roster. And he succeeded every yr. I just hope ppl don't over look what he put into this team. When the next coach comes in. I have a feeling we will have a Mark Jackson::Steve Kerr effect. Which on one hand I would be happy with the jump but I would be upset because Monty would get no credit in the foundation built just like in the general public Mark Jackson doesn't. If that's the case, they are going to need to bring in some ex Head coaches as assistants.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Awesome!!!

Good luck, Monty.

Now if they'd just bring back the original Pierre Pelican, all will be right with the Pels universe.

All signs point towards Demps staying.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I thought finding out we were having a baby was the best news I would hear today.

Adios Monty!

Congrats to you!

everyone says this is a bad look, but I think they did monty a solid. Gave him a chance to have shots at the open coaching gigs

Now is the time to bring back Byron Scott.

:000000000000000000000

Who would have made the final call?

Benson?

Thread Information