Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How could we sign Khris Middleton?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    If an African American from France gets injured, would the Pelicans still make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I'm good I'm just not "African American from France " good
    Your sig says you're on grinder, what is grinder?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Your sig says you're on grinder, what is grinder?
    I tried googling it, but it just brought me to this >>>> www.AfricanAmericanPeopleFromFranceMeet.com

hahahahaha omg.

lmao- just say no

(and get me some Ingles)

boris diow
    nicholas batum
    tony parker
    Joakim Noah
    rudy gobert
    alex ajincia

and ...ingles

I would love to get Middleton. I think he is the next Klay Thompson and would be an absolute perfect fit on this team being able to play the 2 and 3. If we didn't have Gordon I would throw the max at him while it seems like a lot now it will only be for a short time once the new NBA salary comes into place. Only problem is the Bucks will most likely pay whatever it takes to get him also.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    lmao- just say no

(and get me some Ingles)

boris diow
    nicholas batum
    tony parker
    Joakim Noah
    rudy gobert
    alex ajincia

and ...ingles
    Funny because these players have a lot of different roots. Boris Diaw's father was from Senegal (mother from France, also one of the best basketball center in France's history), Batum's was from Cameroun, Parker's was from USA (so the African American from France), Noah grandfather was Camerounese, Rudy Gobert and Alexis Ajinca have ancestry from Guadeloupe (in the French West Indies) and Damien Inglis is from French Guyana (large French territory north of Brazil).
    So if you draw any conclusion from the ascendants, Kevin Seraphin is your best bet for Inglis.

Now, if you look at the list, they have all have on thing in common (except for Noah who grew up in USA) : they played for the French's National Institute of Sport and Physical Education (INSEP). I think this fact predicts more their abilities and skillset than their ancestries.

Regarding Damien Inglis, as most in this board, I was pretty high on him in the last draft, so if the bucks make him available I would love to see him sport a pelicans jersey and I think he might be interested since he sould hear some good about Monty and his ability to groom young players from Batum.

Another French player that might be available this summer is Evan Fournier. The Magic has already plenty of wings (Oladipo, Harris, Gordon, Harkless, Fournier) and if they don't win the lottery they should be in position to draft another (Hezonja and Winslow are projected near their pick). So Orlando could make him available for the right price but given his upside and the fact he plays a position of need, If I was Dell I would try to get him.
    Last edited by Blattman; 05-09-2015 at 02:44 AM.

ok let me break this down, if u are african american, u were born in africa and now live in america, it has nothing to do with skin color at all.

If Lebron was born in china, and moved to america, he would be asian american, not african american.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Lol wtf is going on in this thread

Ignoring whatever stupid thing is going on here, I actually was very big on drafting Ingles in the 2nd round this past year.

If they'd be willing to move him for like, Babbitt, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    ok let me break this down, if u are african american, u were born in africa and now live in america, it has nothing to do with skin color at all.

If Lebron was born in china, and moved to america, he would be asian american, not african american.

lol truedat. I was hanging out with this dude the other day from Morocco. He's sick of people telling him he isn't an African American,

and let's get this straight, if you were black and born in Louisiana or Alabama and lived here your entire life.... then you are not an African American. Simply... an American

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He's possible to get.
    1. Turn on your PS4 or XBone.
    2. Load up NBA2k14.
    3. ???
    4. Sign Chris Middleton

How would people feel about a sign and trade that essentially had Middleton come in at about 13 mil per season and sent Tyreke out? I doubt the Bucks would want Tyreke with MCW there, but maybe they would as a second unit scorer. Or maybe he goes to team C, who sends the Bucks a SG or C.

Either way, would you do that?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How would people feel about a sign and trade that essentially had Middleton come in at about 13 mil per season and sent Tyreke out? I doubt the Bucks would want Tyreke with MCW there, but maybe they would as a second unit scorer. Or maybe he goes to team C, who sends the Bucks a SG or C.

No. I'm not ready to pull the plug on Reke. I would move Gordon for Middleton or Wilson Chandler.....

Without a doubt, if your projection of Middleton is right, he's potentially that 2nd or 3rd man with Ad and Jrue (depending on who you put as 2), and his defense is steller which is what really makes it a great deal.

I'm really liking Tony Allen, if we can get that kind of player I'd be really happy as well (don't know if you need huge assets to get a defensive minded player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Does Khris really give us 10m more than what QPon does? I dunno. It's hard to judge now. In December I'd probably say yes, but with how QPon played I don't know if Khris is needed as much as someone else.

I might even argue that right now Tyreke has more value to us than Khris does since he has been playing so much PG.

In a New York second! Middleton is the real deal and would be a perfect fit here with his defense and spacing he provides. Reminds me a lot of Klay Thonpson and is a guy to me that takes that next step. He would provide us lots of versatility playing the 2-3 along with Pondexter doing the same. Holiday, Pondexter, and Middleton would be one hell of a defensive force along with being able to knock the 3 down.

In a New York second! Middleton is the real deal and would be a perfect fit here with his defense and spacing he provides. Reminds me a lot of Klay Thonpson and is a guy to me that takes that next step. He would provide us lots of versatility playing the 2-3 along with Pondexter doing the same. Holiday, Pondexter, and Middleton would be one hell of a defensive force along with being able to knock the 3 down.

Is Middleton an upgrade in D? If so, I could see it,

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

This is not true.

African Americans are an ethnic group of citizens or residents of the United States with total or partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. The term may also be used to include only those individuals who are descended from African slaves.

Please stop making the obvious racism worse by trying to explain it. Just keep making up basketball stuff, please.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Sign me up.

what about a sign and trade for tobias harris?

Uh. Yeah. Everybody would do this. Except the Bucks.

MM you should know how i feel about tyreke, i would commit to this in a heartbeat, im hoping our new coach doesn't like tyreke and gets him out of here, his not a winning formula while Gordon can be very useful with his spacing, sorta like your wesely matthew and i feel he can fill that roll very well next season.

Thread Information