Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How could we sign Khris Middleton?

How could we sign Khris Middleton?

Realistically is he a possible get? He'll cost more than the MLE i'm assuming, or maybe not?

Is there anything in the realm of being realistic we could do to sign him? Not resign Asik, or anything of that nature?

Also who do you think will command more money this offseason in order: Middleton, DeMarre Carroll, Crowder?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-antetokounmpo

(...)One league executive told Sporting News that Middleton will draw an offer around — brace yourself — $15 million per year. “That’s what Chandler Parsons got, but this guy plays much better defense,” the executive said. Parsons was granted a three-year, $46 million deal by the Mavericks last season to ensure the Rockets didn't match. Now the Bucks have that dilemma, for a player who averaged 13.4 points a game this season but was their leading playoff scorer. All signs suggest they will match any deal he gets, and they have the space under the luxury tax line to do so. But they will need to consider a future in which they have to pay Carter-Williams, Antetokounmpo and Parker.(...)

still like the idea?

do you like the idea of Mirza Teletovic for a fair price. assuming that his health issues are over?

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-antetokounmpo

(...)One league executive told Sporting News that Middleton will draw an offer around — brace yourself — $15 million per year. “That’s what Chandler Parsons got, but this guy plays much better defense,” the executive said. Parsons was granted a three-year, $46 million deal by the Mavericks last season to ensure the Rockets didn't match. Now the Bucks have that dilemma, for a player who averaged 13.4 points a game this season but was their leading playoff scorer. All signs suggest they will match any deal he gets, and they have the space under the luxury tax line to do so. But they will need to consider a future in which they have to pay Carter-Williams, Antetokounmpo and Parker.(...)

still like the idea?
    This article also mentions (board favorite) Jared Dudley having a $4.2 mil player option that he is going to renew.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

With the new agreements and cap, how does contracts work for future years, can you back load like Houston did with Lin and front load?

Only if we move Gordon.. He is gonna get paid and also is a RFA who fits good with Milwaukees core so they shouldnt let him go.

If we could clear cap space Demarre would be a great signing imo

What Houston did with Lin and Asik is not commonly available, it can only be done to 2nd round picks or UDFAs with 2 years or less experience in the league. There really isn't much contract chicanery that can be done to make RFA matching unpalatable. If the home team is ok matching money, all you can do is what Dallas did with Chandler Parsons and make it short (3 years) with player options. For the most part you need to have the cap space available to pay more than the original team is willing to pay, and we don't.

Kris gonna get paid what Gordon is on

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I like Middleton a lot. But seeing him as a $15M per year player is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I like Middleton a lot. But seeing him as a $15M per year player is just asinine.
    I think it will take a while for people to get to a point where they realize how different 10 million or 15 million is going to be in this new era.

In 2017-18, 15 million will be the same as 8.8 million is now. And Middleton was worth way more than 8.8 million this year. He was probably a 11-12 million dollar player.

So, 15 mil per year seems like a bargain to me, even if he just keeps this level of play. If he continues to improve, it's a steal.
    @mcnamara247

No we can't get Middleton. I don't care, I've decided we should go after Damien Ingles

Here's why:

6'9" 249 lb Damien Ingles

He should be available. with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jarred Dudley, Jabari Parker, and Kris Middleton (even -Ersan Ilyasova plays Sf for stretches)
    they'll have a log-jam at the SF position; hence making one expendable.

He missed his first season in the league with a broken ankle

He has the footwork/lateral quickness, thick frame and a 7'3" wing-span/ overall ability to lock-down players on the perimeter. and become a premier defensive player

Is/Will be a great defensive player.

99% of african Americans from France can straight-up play ball if yal ever noticed the success of these guys??

Hate to say this name, but after that series with the Warriors- Draymond Green became my public enemy #!.

Ingles, at this junctue can be BEST described by being a poor man's Draymond Greenn. a gritty defender who could become our missing piece.,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nba_g_damien-inglis_mb_400x600.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	5968

He has an astonishing combination of size, physical skills, length and speed ... He’s already well developed from the muscular standpoint, especially in the upper body, with long arms and strong hands ... His solid body structure allows him to effectively withstand contact, and to attack the basket without struggles even at senior level, plus he has shown the ability to exploit his size by posting up smaller and weaker opponents ... He has remarkable passing skills and ball handling abilities … He tends to switch to the PG position on offense, exploiting his ability to beat his direct defender to create for himself and his teammates ... He loves to attack the basket in ISO situations, exploiting his physical skills and his speed, with a slashing style of game ... He plays with energy and intensity giving an effective contribution in various aspects of the game, he’s also a good rebounder for his position ... On the defensive side he puts great pressure exploiting his body and quick hands.
    NBADRAF.NET

http://www.bucksketball.com/wp-conte...mb_400x600.jpg

“He’s got an overall good skill set – good ballhandler, good passer,” Hammond said on draft night. “And he’s going to continue to work on his shooting. His shot isn’t bad now, but he’s going to continue to work on that. Another good young piece and hopefully another guy who can play multiple positions.”

Inglis ranked as the second best rebounding small forward in the entire French league despite his youth, hauling down 9.5 boards per-40, something he’s done in every setting he’s played, which makes it likely to translate to the NBA level as well in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    No we can't get Middleton. I don't care, I've decided we should go after Damien Ingles

Here's why:

He should be available. with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jarred Dudley, Jabari Parker, and Kris Middleton (even -Ersan Ilyasova plays Sf for stretches)

He has the footwork/lateral quickness, thick frame and a 7'3" wing-span/ overall ability to lock-down players on the perimeter. and become a premier defensive player

99% of african Americans from France can straight-up play ball if yal ever noticed the success of these guys??

Hate to say this name, but after that series with the Warriors- Draymond Green became my public enemy #!.

Ingles, at this junctue can be BEST described by being a poor man's Draymond Greenn. a gritty defender who could become our missing piece.,

NBADRAF.NET

“He’s got an overall good skill set – good ballhandler, good passer,” Hammond said on draft night. “And he’s going to continue to work on his shooting. His shot isn’t bad now, but he’s going to continue to work on that. Another good young piece and hopefully another guy who can play multiple positions.”
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Realistically is he a possible get? He'll cost more than the MLE i'm assuming, or maybe not?

Is there anything in the realm of being realistic we could do to sign him? Not resign Asik, or anything of that nature?

Also who do you think will command more money this offseason in order: Middleton, DeMarre Carroll, Crowder?
    He's possible to get.
    1. Turn on your PS4 or XBone.
    2. Load up NBA2k14.
    3. ???
    4. Sign Chris Middleton

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Here's why:

NBADRAF.NET

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

And you know who drafted Khris Middleton right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Wow.
    Oh my God how did i miss that ?!?!?! African Americans from France pahahahahhaha

Here's why:

NBADRAF.NET

so when u say african americans are u referring to people born in africa and live in the USA now, or are u referring to black people?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Oh my God how did i miss that ?!?!?! African Americans from France pahahahahhaha
    I missed it at first too! That's good stuff

lmao i don't think this dude understands that everyone who is african american isn't black, u know they have white african americans right? Like Charlize Theron?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I missed it at first too! That's good stuff
    that would be the infamous french african american maybe?

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Guys. He might be an African American who went to France and came back after a long time. Let's give him the benefit of the doub--- LOL sorry I couldn't keep it going. hahahahahahaha

does that make u an african french american or a french african american?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    does that make u an african french american or a french african american?
    It makes me confused

I'm good I'm just not "African American from France " good
    I'm a grinder

Thread Information