Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report: Pelicans Officials Met With Joe Dumars

Report: Pelicans Officials Met With Joe Dumars

An NBA source said New Orleans Pelicans front-office officials, including vice president/basketball operations Mickey Loomis, met former Detroit Pistons player and executive Joe Dumars at several Saints road games during the 2014 season. The meetings were held to gauge Dumars' opinion of the Pelicans.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ng_to_hir.html
    SIGN A SF

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I don't know.....
    I just don't know.....

Don't mean we are signing him....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

This is old news. It says they met during Saints games. We knew that. The only new information spurring the rumors is the new Zach Lowe piece which also says the rumors aren't heading anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    This is old news. It says they met during Saints games. We knew that. The only new information spurring the rumors is the new Zach Lowe piece which also says the rumors aren't heading anywhere.
    Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Where there's smoke, there could also be dry ice

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    We spent most of the season as a .500 team, before catching fire and finishing 8 games over .500. I'm sure that, during Saints season, the brass considered the possibility that we might need a regime change. I'm hoping the push toward the end of the year and the playoffs changed all that.

FloydMayweatherNope.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

He has been told by sources he has a contract guaranteed through next year? So it's put up or shut up for Demps and Monty.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He has been told by sources he has a contract guaranteed through next year? So it's put up or shut up for Demps and Monty.
    Was that not this past year?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Where there's smoke, there could also be dry ice
    Also....

I threw up in my mouth

now this lol

Report: Pelicans Officials Met With Joe Dumars

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    now this lol
    New details: Sources say Joe Dumars not taking over as Pelicans head of basketball ops. http://t.co/KtWy0a7mcr pic.twitter.com/BM5ClKD0Ff— New Orleans Advocate (@theadvocateno) May 6, 2015
    Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I don't see what would be so bad about him taking a president or basketball ops position, especially since some fans worry that Loomis's plate might be too full supervising two franchises.

I mean, apparently Loomis is someone Benson trusts heavily. If he has a similar trust for Dumars and he's just in an overseer/consultant role, doesn't sound bad to me.

People were just afraid of having him in a GM role right, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Was that not this past year?
    There were conflicting reports recently from Marc Stein IIRC. David Fisher from The Bird Writes speculated that perhaps both versions are correct and his contract for next year was just a team option but making the playoffs triggered a guarantee for next year and added a team option for the following year.

The Pelicans released a statement in response to WDSU's report Wednesday afternoon.

"With so many questions surrounding the end of the successful Pelicans season and now Joe Dumars in particular, no job offer or position has been discussed with Joe regarding the Pelicans," Pelicans Vice President of Communications Greg Bensel said. "He is very close to our organization and our ownership and he has our utmost respect."
    http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...icans/32838212

Hm. If he does end up getting hired, we'd be in a very strange position with a president who didn't choose the GM, and a GM who didn't choose the coach.

I'm ok with Dumars as long as they keep Monty at least one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Hm. If he does end up getting hired, we'd be in a very strange position with a president who didn't choose the GM, and a GM who didn't choose the coach.
    Or an owner.

This is awful if true.

Thread Information