Pelicans Report

Thread: Warriors/Pels Trade.. Would you do it?

Warriors/Pels Trade.. Would you do it?

Now that I proven my knowledge about the sweep.... another question.

Steph Curry and Klay Thompson for AD/EG .. Would you do it?

Steph
    Klay
    Tyreke
    Ryno
    Asik

You might have to score 120 points a game, but thats a nice 5 man lineup.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't be daft.

You don't trade the likes of Anthony Davis. Not for anyone.

Say Draymond is involved too on a sign and trade.

How could your turn that down?

Nope, not at all. AD to me has the higher ceiling and is also younger.

Curry works in Golden State but Steph in NO may not get us to the playoffs without a major overhaul to the remaining roster.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by GSW Heat Check View Post
    Now that I proven my knowledge about the sweep.... another question.

Steph Curry and Klay Thompson for AD/EG .. Would you do it?

Steph
    Klay
    Tyreke
    Ryno
    Asik

You might have to score 120 points a game, but thats a nice 5 man lineup.
    This line-up is trash. Zero defense all jumpshots. They may score 130 but the opposition would score 150

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    GS wouldn't do that

I don't think Monty would be able to get the same production out of that unit that Kerr gets. On paper Curry, Klay, Green, Ryno and Asik seems pretty formidable.

But I would rather keep Davis because he is a better fit and has such a high ceiling that I kind of just want to see where it goes. Even though I think any GM would probably consider that trade and pull the trigger. As outlandish and unrealistic as it is.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 05-05-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    GS wouldn't do that
    GS would never do that. Personally, I don't think Kerr would do well with AD. I think Splash Bros work well with him, but he could never coach a team like the the pels/spurs/bulls/cavs/wizards and get good efficiency.

I'm sure I'm blinded by homer-istic feelings, but there's not a player in the league I would trade Anthony Davis for. I don't think there's a combination of players that would make me do it either. I love what AD brings not only on the court, but off. He's not only the next superstar in the league, but he's OUR superstar. Whether or not he finishes his career in New Orleans remains to be seen, but I want to see his growth to the end.

GS would never do that. Personally, I don't think Kerr would do well with AD. I think Splash Bros work well with him, but he could never coach a team like the the pels/spurs/bulls/cavs/wizards and get good efficiency.
    I honestly think our team should be playing a lot more like you TBH. Some tinkering for the different players for sure, but overall I think our slow paced, half-court, iso heavy system is not the best fit for pretty much anyone on our roster.

We have several good to great three point shooters in Gordon, Jrue, Ryno, Q-pon(and even Evans is passable as a catch and shoot 3 guy) but attempt the three ball near the bottom quarter of the league. I think our younger team would thrive in a system more akin to the free flow, fast paced, screen heavy, constant player and ball movement system you all implement. Jrue and Gordon are a poor mans version of Curry and Klay where Jrue is an elite defender, a good shooter, good passer and unselfish. Gordon is an elite shooter with good court vision and a good facilitator. And the way you all get the ball in the hands of almost every player every couple possessions would help alleviate the way our offense tends to ignore people for long stretches which comes back to bite us in many games.

With ease. There is no player/combo of players that is worth an Anthony Davis. The kid just turned 22, and he's a top-5 player in the league. He is going to be a legend, so it's no offense to you. Curry is a great player in his own right (probably the greatest shooter of all time), but he won't even sniff what AD will be able to do in his prime.

Zero Chance.

I can't wait until we get healthy and AD improves to increase his historic playoff #s and averages 40 on your so called DPOY in Green when we meet in the finals next season. I love Curry who is elite and a deserving MVP while Thompson is a star who will be great for a long time but no way in hell you give up Davis for them when we can easily build a team around Davis that will be much tougher to stop. You squeaked by in every game against an injured team along with key role players that were here for half a season. Your team lost 1st round last year just like us. No doubt Golden State it great but when everyone has to get paid and the bench suffers because of it while we improve our roster and have a string of health I'll be waiting for you in the WC finals with Davis humbling you down. We both know the only reason Davis didn't get MVP over Curry was he missed a few too many games and his teams record wasn't as great along with not getting as many votes due to the fact he is young with plenty more chances at it in the future. AD put up a historic year while Curry had a great one on a great team.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-06-2015 at 04:49 AM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    If there was a player combination that could get AD that'd be it. I don't think there is a trade we'd do for AD unless he was forcing his way out, but that's a giant amount of talent.
    @DanielVeuleman

I wouldn't trade AD for curry, clay and green

Sorry, Curry is a great talent, one of the best in the last decade, but AD is a generational talent, and could be one of the best players to ever play.

Thread Information