Pelicans Report

Thread: Long Term concerns about guard Jrue Holiday's recurring right leg injury problems

Long Term concerns about guard Jrue Holiday's recurring right leg injury problems

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...s_about_g.html

With Holiday unable to stay healthy for the past two seasons, Pelicans coach Monty Williams expressed concerns on Tuesday.

''I can't sit here and try to diminish that,'' Williams said. ''There is concern there, just because he's unsure and he hasn't been able to play and our medical staff is evaluating daily trying to figure out how we can get him on the floor.''
    SIGN A SF

This is a concern of mine as well. The frustrating part is that he only missed 4% of available games while he played for the Sixers.

Discussed this earlier in the season when he first went out. I've known some elite distance runners who've dealt with stress fractures and it can be or become a chronic condition that stretches over years. Walking around on it is one thing. Being a pro athlete over the course of a long season is quite another. I hope both Jrue and the organization have the patience and wisdom to take things slow, even if that means he misses some part of next season. The only cure I've ever really heard of as working is time, maybe a longtime...

He would be flat out lying if he said he wasn't concerned. Hell if you ask me you have to be concerned with AD getting hurt because those guys are what is going to take our team to the next level. I think if it was a big problem he would not have played 1 minute in the playoffs and especially the last game when it was basically over. I think Holiday comes back 100% with no lingering issues but there will always be that concern with anybody on or team who has had an injury or even guys that haven't. We need everyone and can't afford another injury riddled year and of all people Monty can't when his career here will rely on health.

Thread Information