Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    MKG is easily the most untraceable piece on the Hornets they hang up quick.
    Your adamant opinion is, a 33 win team quickly hangs up if offered Tyreke (2nd best performer on a Western Conference playoff team). MKG is coming up to contract extension time and the team desperately wants to get rid of Stephenson (Tyreke would be what they wanted Stephenson to be). Charlotte has wanted a stretch 4 since they lost McRoberts (enter Ryno). I don't know if you thought your strong opinion out, or if you practice calling things absurd without any real amunition.

When I originally came up with Bargnani I thought he expired after next season which is why I assumed it would appeal to us. I should have ditched him rather than "force" him to us haha. I do want a big that can run though - Asik does not work with this team.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Tyreke Evans for Terrance Ross.

Who says NO?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Who says NO?
    Can you imagine Lowry, Derozan, and Evans? That would be the worst spacing imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Who says NO?
    Pelicans I would say. Ross couldn't get playing time over Q-Pon or DC IMO. Dell could get a guy like that for scraps
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Pelicans I would say. Ross couldn't get playing time over Q-Pon or DC IMO. Dell could get a guy like that for scraps
    I agree, the Pelicans would say no to Tyreke for Ross. At the moment Ross has the lowest trade value of his career. Where I don't agree is: Ross wouldn't get playing time over Q-Pondexter or DC.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicansBay View Post
    I agree, the Pelicans would say no to Tyreke for Ross. At the moment Ross has the lowest trade value of his career. Where I don't agree is: Ross wouldn't get playing time over Q-Pondexter or DC.
    If he was drafted 56th and had the same exact career, would you feel the same way?

I just don't see Monty playing him if the other 2 are here. Maybe he is as good or better in a vacuum (which I don't agree with either), but Monty would play the defensive minded, hustle vets over him IMO

Not terribly likely, but why wouldn't Indiana consider a s&t for Hibbert? Indiana missed 'good lance stephenson' this year, and Tyreke can play a very similar role on their team. I don't really know how much Roy wants to be in Indy or how much Indy wants Roy, but if there is a fractured relationship there I don't see why Indy doesn't consider Tyreke.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Not terribly likely, but why wouldn't Indiana consider a s&t for Hibbert? Indiana missed 'good lance stephenson' this year, and Tyreke can play a very similar role on their team. I don't really know how much Roy wants to be in Indy or how much Indy wants Roy, but if there is a fractured relationship there I don't see why Indy doesn't consider Tyreke.
    The part of Lance they missed was his defense, which is what their philosophy is built around. They find ways to manufacture offense, but their identity is defense. I don't think would do it personally.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I was thinking we'd play Ross as a big SG...

IMO, that's where he should be playing, but Raptors have DeRozan so they play him at SF.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Tyreke will be just fine for us as a 6th man. Let him play to the all-star break and deal him to a team who feels they need someone who can get to the rim. Who that team is? No idea, too tough to project. But some team will be in need. Just a matter of, is it worth the value to us? Cause currently Tyreke's contract isn't killing us for what we get. Same goes for Gordon -- that some team will be in need -- who we desperately need to continue to hit 3s. We can legitimately get something in return for him in February (relative to years prior).

Thread Information