Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

I just spent about 20 mins looking around for a team that would be interested if we made Tyreke available and I came up empty. Sure, some would take him for nothing, but I am looking up for a team that would give up something solid for him.

I had no luck. Either teams are going with young guys there or they already have a better ball dominant guy, etc. I seriously couldn't find one. Who ya got?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I just spent about 20 mins looking around for a team that would be interested if we made Tyreke available and I came up empty. Sure, some would take him for nothing, but I am looking up for a team that would give up something solid for him.

I had no luck. Either teams are going with young guys there or they already have a better ball dominant guy, etc. I seriously couldn't find one. Who ya got?
    Get 3 or 4 teams involved. It worked for dumping Rivers

Am I mistaken or wasn't it rumored he was asked about before the trade deadline and we turned away people? not that it means those were good offers.

Good question, but then, how many people could find us a team willing to take Ariza and Emeka's contract. It might be hard for us to figure out, but behind the scenes, if a team finds him valuable enough to trade for, who am I to say, "He's a part of our core!"
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I spend some time and thinking about Celtics (young assets, draft picks) - who may have try to build something; Nuggets (they will destroy their core).

or my dream move - Evans for Matthews

:P

but it is hard to find a taker. only possibility is a blockbuster trade (f.e. three team) with moving big pieces

In this day an age where it's so important for a guard to be a good shooter, not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    In this day an age where it's so important for a guard to be a good shooter, not many.
    Throw in the need for a guard that can be a good defender, and it makes you wonder why people think that Reke is a core member of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Good question, but then, how many people could find us a team willing to take Ariza and Emeka's contract. It might be hard for us to figure out, but behind the scenes, if a team finds him valuable enough to trade for, who am I to say, "He's a part of our core!"
    I am not talking about a salary dump though. I am asking if there is a team that would want him enough to give up value for him

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I spend some time and thinking about Celtics (young assets, draft picks) - who may have try to build something; Nuggets (they will destroy their core).

or my dream move - Evans for Matthews

:P

but it is hard to find a taker. only possibility is a blockbuster trade (f.e. three team) with moving big pieces
    Celtics have Smart and Bradley. Reke would be awful there. Denver is a team that makes a little sense if they get rid of Lawson I suppose

I don't see a fit for him anywhere unless in a backup role meaning we wouldn't get much for him.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Is this like a veiled anti-Demps thread lol?

I mean I remember the biggest argument people had about the Evans risk was that if he didn't work out we could easily get our worth back.

Seems people think the best you could hope to get for him is a salary dump or marginal pieces.

The way some talk about him on this board you would think every team would be beating down our doors because 15-5-5.

The more I think about the rumored inquiries the more I bet they are teams that probably already added pieces like Milwaukee or Detroit. Or teams that were just hoping we wanted to shed salary or get a draft pick from a contender. Planning to play him off the bench like we hopefully will next season.

The only team that I can see that may have a spot starting and give up some assets(nothing great) would be like Indiana. They get to replicate the lance stephanson era with no locker issues and we would get bench filler probably.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-27-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Celtics have Smart and Bradley. Reke would be awful there. Denver is a team that makes a little sense if they get rid of Lawson I suppose
    and also Isaiah

to many ball handlers, You're right

I was thinking about 3-way with Lawson going somewhere (not NO)

The Pelicans.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Maybe we can reverse the initial trade and we can get Rolo & Vasquez back. We'll send out Withey, Reke, and throw in Jimmer as a bonus. The only rational thought about that original trade was depth for when EG goes down. There was really no other reason to sign him. He wasn't a need and he created needs in other areas.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

the Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    the Kings
    The team that didn't want him when it cost them no assets to keep him would now give up assets for him?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Is this like a veiled anti-Demps thread lol?

I mean I remember the biggest argument people had about the Evans risk was that if he didn't work out we could easily get our worth back.

Seems people think the best you could hope to get for him is a salary dump or marginal pieces.

The way some talk about him on this board you would think every team would be beating down our doors because 15-5-5.

The more I think about the rumored inquiries the more I bet they are teams that probably already added pieces like Milwaukee or Detroit. Or teams that were just hoping we wanted to shed salary or get a draft pick from a contender. Planning to play him off the bench like we hopefully will next season.

The only team that I can see that may have a spot starting and give up some assets(nothing great) would be like Indiana. They get to replicate the lance stephanson era with no locker issues and we would get bench filler probably.
    I just started this thread because I see people saying Dell should trade Tyreke, so I looked around to try to come up with some plausible scenarios and couldn't come up with any.

This is a big reason I am on board with running it back because I just don't think any of our pieces net us value on the open market

The team that didn't want him when it cost them no assets to keep him would now give up assets for him?
    Exactly.

Banned
    Phoenix...they don't know what they want so work on them.

Certainly in light of the new salary cap coming up, Tyreke's deal looks more and more palatable.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I don't necassarily want to trade Tyreke, but a sign and trade to Detroit for Greg Monroe wouldn't be the worst thing IMO. I know everyone is tired of hearing about Monroe, but while he wouldn't be the defensive anchor, he would rebound, run the court, catch passes lol, and wouldn't have to be taken out at the end of games. Plus he's still the perfect age for our core.

Detroit is facing him going to the Knicks for nothing. The major question is.... At what price

Edit: obviously I mean Monroe signed and traded. Extra pieces could be added in.

Cause they're the Kings, they have no ideia what they are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I don't necassarily want to trade Tyreke, but a sign and trade to Detroit for Greg Monroe wouldn't be the worst thing IMO. I know everyone is tired of hearing about Monroe, but while he wouldn't be the defensive anchor, he would rebound, run the court, catch passes lol, and wouldn't have to be taken out at the end of games. Plus he's still the perfect age for our core.

Detroit is facing him going to the Knicks for nothing. The major question is.... At what price

Edit: obviously I mean Monroe signed and traded. Extra pieces could be added in.
    SVG wants shooters around Drummond, Tyreke would be as bad as you can get next to Drummond

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    SVG wants shooters around Drummond, Tyreke would be as bad as you can get next to Drummond
    It's a fair point, but didn't stop them from going for Reggie Jackson. We're talking about a very good player for someone that is leaving.

That's just me speculating, but Jackson might be an asset come FA... sign n trade perhaps, or just a better PG than Jennings (not that hard to find). Personally I don't see Evans fitting anywhere but the Spurs, but don't see them giving up anything for him... He's more valuable for us anyway

Thread Information