Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    The bashing on players like Reke turns me off to this board. This guy showed up every night and played hard. If it wasn't for him there would be no playoffs. You guys love to praise role players who have no responsibility on the team like Gordon or q-pon. Gordon showed up for less than half his games and just hit open 3's. But bash the guy who if he didn't show up it was a guaranteed loss. No doubt he has mental lapses but he is not a superstar player so you can expect greatness from him every night like you do AD.
    Off topic a little. ...I would trade QPON and a 1st for Wilson Chandler. ..

But, to be apart of the thread. ..Reke for Galo...straight up

Gallo is washed

1-6

The bashing on players like Reke turns me off to this board. This guy showed up every night and played hard. If it wasn't for him there would be no playoffs. You guys love to praise role players who have no responsibility on the team like Gordon or q-pon. Gordon showed up for less than half his games and just hit open 3's. But bash the guy who if he didn't show up it was a guaranteed loss. No doubt he has mental lapses but he is not a superstar player so you can expect greatness from him every night like you do AD.
    Can you show me where Reke was "bashed" in this thread?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Can you show me where Reke was "bashed" in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    or my dream move - Evans for Matthews
    Trade Tyreke for a guy who just tore his Achilles

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Throw in the need for a guard that can be a good defender, and it makes you wonder why people think that Reke is a core member of the franchise.
    So since he's not a prototypical 3&D guy he shouldn't be seen as a valuable player

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Maybe we can reverse the initial trade and we can get Rolo & Vasquez back. We'll send out Withey, Reke, and throw in Jimmer as a bonus. The only rational thought about that original trade was depth for when EG goes down. There was really no other reason to sign him. He wasn't a need and he created needs in other areas.
    We're a better team without him and the role players we had b4 made us a better team

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Philly can use anybody right now, and they have a salary floor to meet. I don't know what we'll get back from them, but I can see Philly and actually Detroit as a couple places that could use his services.
    Use a 17/6/5 guy as a salary dump

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    What about the Knicks? They don't have much at the guard position. They're looking to make a quick turnaround in a bad East. They could have Tyreke, Carmelo, and their top draft pick from this year. I'm not sure what they really have of value though. They've got Galloway, Hardaway Jr., Shved. Would they be willing to give up a protected future first? Maybe a third team is involved.
    Again trade a 17/6/5 guy for a salary dump

Reke is a 3 and D guy?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

So since he's not a prototypical 3&D guy he shouldn't be seen as a valuable player

We're a better team without him and the role players we had b4 made us a better team

I guess we have different definitions of the word "bashing"

I feel like we need a trigger warning for people that have Reke sensitivity on this board. Since apparently anyone that may not find Reke the be all end all of this teams present and future is considered bashing him. Just mentioning possible trades gets you shuffled into that category apparently.

I think people always undervalue (or in many cases overvalue players). With the sheer stats Evans put up I'm sure he has value throughout the league. The question as stated is what is considered "vaule" for Evans.

I read through the whole thread(#38 twice) and don't know what MM is after.

NYK <-> Pels
    Calderon+ Jason Smith for Evens

it match number wise and NYK would love to have Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post

NYK <-> Pels

That would be a steal for the Knicks

I could see Phoenix possibly regretting their Brandon Knight move and doing a sign-and-trade for Reke

I could also see Phoenix maybe having some interest in another big body, maybe Asik could go there?

Brandon Knight / PJ Tucker could be nice pieces for us.

I'm just sick of poor free throw shooters.

NYK <-> Pels

NYK <-> Pels

It aint worth it!

What about the lakers? Do we still like Jordan hill?

NYK <-> Pels

So, let's look at the trade deadline for instance.

The Heat really wanted Dragic. The Suns really wanted Knight. They were both willing to give up things they wouldn't otherwise want to part with for those guys.

We did not part with anything we really wanted to get Cole.

Which teams would view Tyreke more like the Suns and Heat did the guys they went and got? What teams do you think would part with assets they otherwise would really want to keep?

Banned

NYK <-> Pels

LOL

Wilson Chandler + Randy Foye for Tyreke works but does seem light on value for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Wilson Chandler + Randy Foye for Tyreke works but does seem light on value for us.
    In this scenario, do you have Denver sending Ty Lawson elsewhere in a separate deal? Because I can't see how they play on the same team

Quote Originally Posted by PelicansBay View Post
    Tyreke and Ryno to Hornets for MKG, Stephenson, Vonleh
    I would love to get MKG as an elite wing defender and a guy Davis is best friends with. I still think MKG has tons of potential and could make a scoring jump in the future like Leonard and Butler in the near future adding to his game just like those 2 did. Not saying he will be as good as them but he has every bit of the potential to be. I think he would be a great fit here and Monty mite be one of the best coaches for him. You keep working on his 3point shot and he could be a great player. Like I said what I like more than his potential to be very good to great is his relationship with AD. Would love this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    In this scenario, do you have Denver sending Ty Lawson elsewhere in a separate deal? Because I can't see how they play on the same team

I see Tyreke being fine as a SG alongside Lawson. Are you saying Tyreke can only play PG? Or do you think he is a James Harden type that needs a bottom 10 starting PG on the team to justify his game?

If you call those bashing then you need to go read the dictionary. If you wouldn't move Evans for Mathews who when recovered would be an absolute perfect SG moving forward for this team you need to watch more basketball. I tore my Achilles and have had 0 problems since even being stronger than before. He will be fully recovered by the start of next season and should have no lingering problems like a knee. Mathews is right behind Klay Thompson as the best 3 and D SG in the league and plugged in next to Holiday would give us to hounds on the ball with an elite shooter that was at the top of the NBA in 3s made before the injury. Don't know how much better it could get for us in a trade but that would be an amazing one.

name 1 player that has came back from that injury?

name 1 player that has came back from that injury?
    Name a player that was worth a damn who hasn't? Kobe came back and near led the NBA in points or did if I remember correctly while being one of the older players in the NBA. Drexler came back and still dominated injuring it also. The only player ever worthy who ever tore it was Isaiah Thomas and he was old with no desire to return from it. Mathews is probably the 4th best player to even tear it up to this point so I like his odds on recovery especially with his age compared to those. Mathews is getting into his prime years not way out of it like those. I think I would know a little more about the injury than you since I had it and played college football with it coming back stronger than before. I guess your right though doc.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-28-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    KEEP EVANS. Did Yall forget all the good games he had? His chemistry with AD? He needs to be coached. Get a mid range jumper and you'll be a poor man's RW

Thread Information