Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

There are people that value Tyreke far more than most message board posters do. For instance, Jimmy Smith thinks he is far better than Jrue.

Who is to say that some team out there values him a lot more than we think? We just don't know. Every year there are tons of trades that come out of nowhere. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, just to be clear, I personally would not be driving that bus. If its not clear enough by now, I am in favor of running it back.

At BSS, we are doing our season in review pieces and Tyreke is one of the guys I am doing, and we have a 'Looking Ahead' section where we give out details on contracts and project whether the guy will be back and in what role etc. So, I thought - If Dell does trade him, what can he get. And I started looking around and couldn't come up with any teams that would want him enough to give up something decent. So, I just figured I would crowd source and see if anybody had anything realistic.
    When will that season in review be dropping? I am interested to see the grade that was given to Gordon to finish out the year. I remember that was a point of much discussion when the mid season grades came out. Thanks.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

You guys seriously underrate Tyreke and he isn't going anywhere. Unless we can get a true star player in return they aren't dumping him. Of course he made mental mistake running the offense HE'S NOT A TRUE PG. This guy has has a score first mentality his whole career and was put in a position to create for others.

1-6

Tyreke is our biggest love/hate player. He can win a game for you and just as easily lose one for you with a bonehead play and low BBIQ I don't want him as starting PG , I see him off the bench . My question is TE has only played for Westphal , Smart and Monty if i'm correct . Could a strong disciplined coach , maybe not fix him but improve him and raise his BBIQ and discipline him ? So many trades happen that either don't make sense or seem to not make sense to us . Until we get an offer that does not make sense to us in OUR favor or is kinda equal , I say he stays , but not starting PG

I think keeping him as a 6th man, and not having him running the point in close games would do a lot to improve people's opinions of him.

He's a terrible late-game point guard. He also makes lots of other great plays throughout the game from a variety of positions.

Here's an honest question. How many among us can see the Pels winning a title with Tyreke as a starter on this team? I personally do not. The type of player that he is is easily contained in the playoffs and is a liability in crunch time. Everything else that he does is irrelevant because the two situation that he's not good in are when you need him most. Per 36, the stat line , yada yada yada means nothing IMO. He's a shooting guard that can't shoot, a point guard that makes bad decisions, and an under sized small forward. Oh, let's not forget that he is high usage. If we took his name off of the back of that jersey and put Jimmer or Gordon on it, this thread wouldn't even have been started. There would literally be hundreds of trade threads about him.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Post #38 has my definition.

I just wanted a few examples people thought were possible and/or realistic because I couldn't think of any. It was not supposed to be an indictment of Tyreke or Dell, though it appears people have read it as such.
    I don't read your post as an indictment of Dell or Tyreke, I just think your premise is flawed. As a 6th man type, Tyreke fits on almost any team. Most coaches would value his versatility and love to have him as part of their rotation. The only reason you trade him is if you can get something else you'd want in return. You can't solely define that however as a player, and not consider the value of cap space for some follow up move trading Tyreke would allow you to execute. Depending on the 2nd move, isn't it fair to say that dumping Tyreke's salary is value? Don't you think we could trade Tyreke into some team's cap space this off season if we wanted to?

With Gordon expiring, maybe you can use Tyreke to get a SG that fills in for Gordon after he expires or is moved. Find me a team with an extra SG that needs a player that can play 1-3 and I think you have a potential trade partner.

Where would Tyreke rank if he were a free agent this off season? How much would he get paid? More than 2 yrs, $21m?

I think it's clear that Tyreke has value. He has a PER higher than Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight, Tobias Harris, Draymond Green, Jae Crowder, Jeff Green, Goran Dragic, Khris Middleton, DeMarre Carrol, Danny Green, and Monte Ellis.

All those guys are going to get P.A.I.D this summer more than 2yrs/$21m.

It's hard for me to believe it's this easy to prove his value, but you don't think it's possible to get value in return, but would take PJ Tucker and filler.

c'mon Man!

I started this thread just asking for examples of a realistic trade. Sure, he has value. But can someone just give me some realistic trade examples because I can't think if any
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    When will that season in review be dropping? I am interested to see the grade that was given to Gordon to finish out the year. I remember that was a point of much discussion when the mid season grades came out. Thanks.
    Grades are not given. Here is an example of a SIR piece from last year:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...thony-davis-2/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I started this thread just asking for examples of a realistic trade. Sure, he has value. But can someone just give me some realistic trade examples because I can't think if any
    What is it that you'd want for Tyreke?? I keep trying to nail you down on value, but I still don't know what would be acceptable in your mind. Can't begin to look for trades unless we know what type of value you'd want in return!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    What is it that you'd want for Tyreke?? I keep trying to nail you down on value, but I still don't know what would be acceptable in your mind. Can't begin to look for trades unless we know what type of value you'd want in return!
    I don't care. It's not to convince me to trade him. I am just trying to find out trades that others think are realistic for my article. I don't want to put crazy stuff in there. I personally could not come up with anything I think both the Pels and another team would consider

This thread is pointless until MM (or someone else who shares his position) defines what value is.

Let me put it this way. Every team in the league could find a role for Tyreke Evans. Even the Spurs would likely value him as Manu-lite.

Simply saying value equates to a team giving up someone they don't want to give up is sort of setting this proposition up for failure as a debatable topic. Your premise is dictating your conclusion, but in no way proving Tyreke doesn't have value.

Really, this thread needs a reboot.

Also, a salary dump is value. You know this. I don't know why you'd recognize this for Gordon, but not allow it to be true for Tyreke.
    Why do people want to keep comparing him to Manu? Because they both have a euro step? Him and Manu are nothing alike with one guy being able to shoot the lights out of the ball and one you pray he doesn't have to shoot it. Manu in his prime is nothing close to Tyreke and even now they aren't much alike. It's like saying anybody that can get some assists and drive is Manu or Manu lite. I understand the comparison with the role off the bench but play wise no.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-27-2015 at 04:37 PM.

I don't care. It's not to convince me to trade him. I am just trying to find out trades that others think are realistic for my article. I don't want to put crazy stuff in there. I personally could not come up with anything I think both the Pels and another team would consider
    I've seen a 3 team kicked around on other sites with Denver/NOLA/Sac. Basically us getting Gallinari, Sac getting Evans back and some other parts floated around.

Just to prove I am not a Reke "hater", here is a cool stat I uncovered while doing my piece:

You take Tyreke Evans assist % during the time Jrue was out, and it would have led the NBA this year, amongst starters.

I think Tyreke attached with our 2016 pick would have pretty significant value. Declining contract, known and productive commodity, entering his prime - it has value. Now while we maybe unable to come up with adequate trade scenarios, you never know which FO will blow things up. We got Jrue out of the blue. Don't be surprised if a guy like Joakim Noah or Jonas Valacanesauce ends up on the market. Or Dallas decides to blow everything up, want to open up cap in 2016 and Parsons is available. Anything can happen.

Tyreke and Ryno to Hornets for MKG, Stephenson, Vonleh
    Last edited by PelicansBay; 04-27-2015 at 05:07 PM.

I don't read your post as an indictment of Dell or Tyreke, I just think your premise is flawed. As a 6th man type, Tyreke fits on almost any team. Most coaches would value his versatility and love to have him as part of their rotation. The only reason you trade him is if you can get something else you'd want in return. You can't solely define that however as a player, and not consider the value of cap space for some follow up move trading Tyreke would allow you to execute. Depending on the 2nd move, isn't it fair to say that dumping Tyreke's salary is value? Don't you think we could trade Tyreke into some team's cap space this off season if we wanted to?

With Gordon expiring, maybe you can use Tyreke to get a SG that fills in for Gordon after he expires or is moved. Find me a team with an extra SG that needs a player that can play 1-3 and I think you have a potential trade partner.

Where would Tyreke rank if he were a free agent this off season? How much would he get paid? More than 2 yrs, $21m?

I think it's clear that Tyreke has value. He has a PER higher than Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight, Tobias Harris, Draymond Green, Jae Crowder, Jeff Green, Goran Dragic, Khris Middleton, DeMarre Carrol, Danny Green, and Monte Ellis.

All those guys are going to get P.A.I.D this summer more than 2yrs/$21m.

It's hard for me to believe it's this easy to prove his value, but you don't think it's possible to get value in return, but would take PJ Tucker and filler.

c'mon Man!
    He is asking for you to qualify the assertion that Tyreke has tradable value. Who are these teams that would give up assets we would covet and what assets in particular would they give up in exchange.

MM definition of value doesn't even really matter. Put yourself in our GM's shoes and the team you think might want him and then go to work. What do you realistically see them hashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicansBay View Post
    Tyreke and Ryno to Hornets for MKG, Stephenson, Vonleh
    Because of Ryno and the Bobcats desire to get rid of Lance, I could see this being possible.

If Pels could move Lance to a 3rd team, I think they would consider it too. Nice one.

Blog Entries
    Because of Ryno and the Bobcats desire to get rid of Lance, I could see this being possible.

If Pels could move Lance to a 3rd team, I think they would consider it too. Nice one.
    Can't imagine there are many coaches in the league that would get along worse with Stephenson than Monty!

Good trade though. I get the feeling someone will be willing to give Stephenson another chance.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Brooklyn was rumored to have some interest in Stephenson. Maybe Jack? Or maybe at the trade deadline Stephenson/Asik for Lopez.
    Last edited by PelicansBay; 04-27-2015 at 05:31 PM.

I think Tyreke would thrive as a PG in the east; Perimeter shooting doesn't seem as important for PG's to be successful there. Wall, Lowrey, Carter-Williams, Reggie Jackson, and Rondo have been among the elite of the east and can't shoot a lick. I think he would fit well with the Knicks or Pacers.
    Last edited by PelicansBay; 04-27-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Tyreke for CJ McCollum/Arron Affalo.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't believe for one moment that Dell couldn't get good value for Tyreke.

As was pointed out by someone previously in this thread, teams were interested in him at the trade deadline. The problem with our fans with Tyreke is the same as our fans with Asik. When you only watch our team you tend to magnify the flaws of players. This is a guy who is one of only 5 players in the entire league that averaged at least 15-5-5 (his actual numbers were closer to 17-7-6). The closest person to him to be in that club makes $4m/yr more. Everyone else isn't anywhere near his pay.

For all Tyreke's flaws he deserves credit for what he does do. We have no idea what teams are going to look like this summer and so we have no idea what kind of market there would be for Tyreke, but to pretend that we couldn't get value for him is silly.

The Heat, Knicks, Kings, if 76ers or Wolves want to start winning, and Nuggets are all teams that could see Tyreke as an upgrade and that's before we know how anything will break down this summer.

The problem isn't that Tyreke doesn't have a market. It's that our fans have become so jaded that they can't see it. And for the record I'm against trading him unless some crazy offer is made.

BUT, BUT he didnt put up triple doubles every night & take 35 shots per night & lead his team to ninth place in the west! Therefore he sucks!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Just to prove I am not a Reke "hater", here is a cool stat I uncovered while doing my piece:

You take Tyreke Evans assist % during the time Jrue was out, and it would have led the NBA this year, amongst starters.
    Evans shot 44.7% & averaged 3.1 TO's
    Westbrook shot 42.2% & averaged 4.4 TO's

Westbrook 7.3 to 5.3 in REB. & 8.6 to 6.6 in assist! Only Evans 2nd full year at #1 & he doesn't FIT? Freakin 16-7-5 at point, shooting 45%! I'll keep him.

Might I add. Reke comes at a much cheaper price than Russ Russ !
    Last edited by Tinman; 04-27-2015 at 06:24 PM.

The bashing on players like Reke turns me off to this board. This guy showed up every night and played hard. If it wasn't for him there would be no playoffs. You guys love to praise role players who have no responsibility on the team like Gordon or q-pon. Gordon showed up for less than half his games and just hit open 3's. But bash the guy who if he didn't show up it was a guaranteed loss. No doubt he has mental lapses but he is not a superstar player so you can expect greatness from him every night like you do AD.

Thread Information