Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Phoenix...they don't know what they want so work on them.
    I was thinking this too. That team is confused. If Knight leaves in FA I could see them being interested.

I don't believe for one moment that Dell couldn't get good value for Tyreke.

As was pointed out by someone previously in this thread, teams were interested in him at the trade deadline. The problem with our fans with Tyreke is the same as our fans with Asik. When you only watch our team you tend to magnify the flaws of players. This is a guy who is one of only 5 players in the entire league that averaged at least 15-5-5 (his actual numbers were closer to 17-7-6). The closest person to him to be in that club makes $4m/yr more. Everyone else isn't anywhere near his pay.

For all Tyreke's flaws he deserves credit for what he does do. We have no idea what teams are going to look like this summer and so we have no idea what kind of market there would be for Tyreke, but to pretend that we couldn't get value for him is silly.

The Heat, Knicks, Kings, if 76ers or Wolves want to start winning, and Nuggets are all teams that could see Tyreke as an upgrade and that's before we know how anything will break down this summer.

The problem isn't that Tyreke doesn't have a market. It's that our fans have become so jaded that they can't see it. And for the record I'm against trading him unless some crazy offer is made.

Would you trade him for Derozan?

Philly can use anybody right now, and they have a salary floor to meet. I don't know what we'll get back from them, but I can see Philly and actually Detroit as a couple places that could use his services.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am not talking about a salary dump though. I am asking if there is a team that would want him enough to give up value for him
    Much like the salary dump we made with Ariza and Emeka, who saw that coming? Who knows what franchise out there wants Reke. Apparently he is good enough to be considered a core player, and with his 15-6-5 or whatever stats he is out performing his contract (so I hear). Who knows who will want him, but that doesn't mean nobody would want him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I am not talking about a salary dump though. I am asking if there is a team that would want him enough to give up value for him
    Value is such a subjective thing. You say you can't find a team that would want him enough to give up value, but we have no idea what you or anyone else would think is good value for Tyreke. Even if it's a salary dump, but that dump allows us to go after a Khris Middleton or Danny Green or some other follow up move that only happens because we dumped Tyreke's contract, isn't that value?

What if Phoenix offered you Archie Goodwin and PJ Tucker or TJ Warren. Is that good value?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    Would you trade him for Derozan?
    I was actually about to post trading him for Terrence Ross. Value?

I see where you're coming from, and agree with you.

For this team, value wise, would not do Ross for Evans or Derozan for Evans, they gice us more scoring, but this team is already a machine on that end, need more balance in the way of FTA and a lockdown defender in the perimeter IMO.

What about the Knicks? They don't have much at the guard position. They're looking to make a quick turnaround in a bad East. They could have Tyreke, Carmelo, and their top draft pick from this year. I'm not sure what they really have of value though. They've got Galloway, Hardaway Jr., Shved. Would they be willing to give up a protected future first? Maybe a third team is involved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

As was pointed out by someone previously in this thread, teams were interested in him at the trade deadline. The problem with our fans with Tyreke is the same as our fans with Asik. When you only watch our team you tend to magnify the flaws of players. This is a guy who is one of only 5 players in the entire league that averaged at least 15-5-5 (his actual numbers were closer to 17-7-6). The closest person to him to be in that club makes $4m/yr more. Everyone else isn't anywhere near his pay.

For all Tyreke's flaws he deserves credit for what he does do. We have no idea what teams are going to look like this summer and so we have no idea what kind of market there would be for Tyreke, but to pretend that we couldn't get value for him is silly.

The Heat, Knicks, Kings, if 76ers or Wolves want to start winning, and Nuggets are all teams that could see Tyreke as an upgrade and that's before we know how anything will break down this summer.

The problem isn't that Tyreke doesn't have a market. It's that our fans have become so jaded that they can't see it. And for the record I'm against trading him unless some crazy offer is made.

+1 Good job sir, i honestly think on you and me realize that Tyrekes performance relative to his contract is ****ing outstanding, and its SO LONG. Our starting guards are going to take up less than 20% of our cap for the next 5 years... And people want to ship him away! Boneheads.

Charter Member

Well said. I would go one step further and say that MOST of our fans realized the value of Tyreke, and appreciate him as a basketball player - on THIS team. This message board is a different story entirely.
    telling it like it is -- akshun

I was the one that said teams inquired but MM does make a good point.

Of those teams you named can you give me a realistic trade that would bring back good value?

Say something equivalent or better then what we gave up? A Lopez and Vasquez level talent?

I can see those teams taking Tyreke, but while sacrificing assets of value. Heck some of them like the Knicks I'm not sure what assets they have to even offer.

I think a three team or more trade is the only plausible case IMO because I agree with MM that I don't see many teams wanting to straight up trade for Evans without some caveats.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-27-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Value is such a subjective thing. You say you can't find a team that would want him enough to give up value, but we have no idea what you or anyone else would think is good value for Tyreke. Even if it's a salary dump, but that dump allows us to go after a Khris Middleton or Danny Green or some other follow up move that only happens because we dumped Tyreke's contract, isn't that value?

What if Phoenix offered you Archie Goodwin and PJ Tucker or TJ Warren. Is that good value?

I was actually about to post trading him for Terrence Ross. Value?
    I will clarify. Would teams give up things they don't want to part with for Tyreke? To me, that shows you really want a guy.

I think he is more valuable to us than to another team. I don't think there is one GM in the league sitting in his office right now going, "Man, if we can just get Tyreke!"

And if a team isn't willing to give up some real value for him, I don't want to trade him. Remember, I started this because there are people out there who just want to trade Tyreke, as if they assume there will be this big market for him. I don't think there would be.

As yes, I would take Tucker and another small piece for him personally but I don't think PHX would even consider that. You look around the league and almost every team that wants to win has their one or two ball dominant guys already
    @mcnamara247

One other thing, people inquiring about Tyreke means nothing. There have been rumors that people inquired about Gordon in the past, but that was likely teams telling Dell, "Hey, give us some picks and we will take him off your hands."

A GM calling Dell and offering him an expiring for Tyreke is inquiring technically, so we can't use that as evidence he has value. He might, he might not- I won't claim to know for fact. All I know was when I looked around as an exercise, I found it very hard to come up with a trade that another team would actually make that had a solid piece or pick coming here

I think he is more valuable to us than to another team.
    Especially considering Jrue's health concerns, I really don't see how you trade Tyreke this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Especially considering Jrue's health concerns, I really don't see how you trade Tyreke this summer.
    Yeah, just to be clear, I personally would not be driving that bus. If its not clear enough by now, I am in favor of running it back.

At BSS, we are doing our season in review pieces and Tyreke is one of the guys I am doing, and we have a 'Looking Ahead' section where we give out details on contracts and project whether the guy will be back and in what role etc. So, I thought - If Dell does trade him, what can he get. And I started looking around and couldn't come up with any teams that would want him enough to give up something decent. So, I just figured I would crowd source and see if anybody had anything realistic.

I am really amped to see Jrue next season. The way he played on restricted minuets (when he shouldn't have been playing at all), makes me really optimistic for the future, but I would like to see Gordon or Cole in the back court with Jrue than I would Reke. Gordon can spot up and make shots, Cole can defend, Reke can dominate the ball.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar

Great post. Tyreke has his flaws but also has awesome strengths. I'm definitely all in for a Tyreke super sub role...it should minimize some of his decision-making flaws and let him terrorize tired 1st units and 2nd units

My biggest issue with Tyreke was what we gave up for him and his role.

I can't take back the trade so what I advocate for at this point is that he accepts a more limited role. Super sub that you give 20-25 minutes and trend upwards if he is having a great night. Keeping him out of the clutch unless he has earned it because that has been my major fault with him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I can't take back the trade so what I advocate for at this point is that he accepts a more limited role. Super sub that you give 20-25 minutes and trend upwards if he is having a great night. Keeping him out of the clutch unless he has earned it because that has been my major fault with him this year.
    He would have a more limited role if Jrue could stay healthy.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Find Me a Team That Would Want Tyreke

People are really looking at this far too simply. The whole "What can I get if I just move Tyreke" isn't how trades normally work and I don't think it's how any Tyreke trade would be either.

Instead of saying, "What value can I get for Tyreke?" a much better question would be, "What deal could Tyreke be included in?" That answer is far more reaching and interesting. You can combine Tyreke with Gordon and clear a ton of cap space while possibly getting a small asset. You can combine Tyreke and Ryno and maybe get bit bigger asset than with Gordon but still gain cap. What would Tyreke and QPon get? Tyreke and Ajinca?

I think once you start looking at who we could combine with Tyreke you can get some really interesting trades. . .IF we just had to move him. Personally I don't think we should / need to. He has a great amount of value to us.

Also, Tyreke is not a 20-25 minute player. Omg this board sometimes is insane.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This thread is pointless until MM (or someone else who shares his position) defines what value is.

Let me put it this way. Every team in the league could find a role for Tyreke Evans. Even the Spurs would likely value him as Manu-lite.

Simply saying value equates to a team giving up someone they don't want to give up is sort of setting this proposition up for failure as a debatable topic. Your premise is dictating your conclusion, but in no way proving Tyreke doesn't have value.

Really, this thread needs a reboot.

Also, a salary dump is value. You know this. I don't know why you'd recognize this for Gordon, but not allow it to be true for Tyreke.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

Nobody could've known RoLo would improve the way he did. There were many people here that didn't care if he stayed or left when he was here, and a ton of talk about how we needed to improve upon him.

Banned
    Also, Tyreke is not a 20-25 minute player. Omg this board sometimes is insane.
    There's no use talking to these people, they don't see reason.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This thread is pointless until MM (or someone else who shares his position) defines what value is.

Let me put it this way. Every team in the league could find a role for Tyreke Evans. Even the Spurs would likely value him as Manu-lite.

Simply saying value equates to a team giving up someone they don't want to give up is sort of setting this proposition up for failure as a debatable topic. Your premise is dictating your conclusion, but in no way proving Tyreke doesn't have value.

Really, this thread needs a reboot.

Also, a salary dump is value. You know this. I don't know why you'd recognize this for Gordon, but not allow it to be true for Tyreke.
    Post #38 has my definition.

I just wanted a few examples people thought were possible and/or realistic because I couldn't think of any. It was not supposed to be an indictment of Tyreke or Dell, though it appears people have read it as such.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    The team that didn't want him when it cost them no assets to keep him would now give up assets for him?

Thread Information