Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Also, being a top 3 center in this league today is far from a great accomplishment. The center position is watered down in this era,
    Haha ok. Being top 3 offensively and defensive means nothing I forgot. The only player that is better than him at the position is Cousins and that could be argued because of Gasol being elite defensively. Cousins, Gasol, and Howard is 3 elite centers no how watered down the position is. You implied Gasol isn't all that which is just wrong. Like saying Lebron isn't all that because of his terrible games he has had this series.

Gasol isn't great, and AR is the next big thing...all because of one playoff series (not even 6 games).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Gasol is good but he ain't no Boogie Cousins. I'll take Boogie 10 out of 10 times over Gasol
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I know Steve Kerr is going to get a lot of credit for the Warrior's success this season but honestly I could coach that team to a World Championship. They just have so much talent their bench could start for most teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    I know Steve Kerr is going to get a lot of credit for the Warrior's success this season but honestly I could coach that team to a World Championship. They just have so much talent their bench could start for most teams in the league.
    Wait. Mark Jackson had that same team and couldn't coach them to a title, but suddenly you and Kerr can? Call Demps right now, what are you doing on this forum?

Gasol vs Boogie, was that the debate? I thought it was, "I am not impressed with Gasol in the playoffs (not just the series, but the entire playoffs, which is incredibly misinformed)".

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Lmao

This is funny as hell but the Bulls getting arses kicked by all-stars Dellavadova, Shumpert, Thompson, and JR. No Kyrie or Love and the Bulls laying an egg

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    CP3's Clippers determined to preserve the 07-08 Hornets legacy as his best team, lol

Clippers epic choke game lol

Josh Smith!!!!! This is crazy!!! Bwahahaha

Going to a game 7...this has been 1 of the most amazing playoffs ever.

This is 1 of the worse 4th qtr collapses I've ever seen,

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    This is 1 of the worse 4th qtr collapses I've ever seen,
    We did a pretty good job against GS, gotta come pretty close
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

At times, Chris Paul is capable of playing like the best player on the planet. At times, he can be the smartest and most clutch player on the planet.

And then sometimes he gets schooled by Nate Robinson, or misses 2 free throws which would have tied and won the game respectively, or completely no shows in a home game 7, or allows his team to blow a 19-point lead at home when the other team has all but given up.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Austin Rivers is a strait beast! My man is earning himself a max contract.

The Clippers collapse was worse than the Pels because at least the Pels took it to OT and still made it a game at he end.

In last night's game the Rockets just completely steam rolled over the Clips with their best player (Hardin)playing cheerleader on the bench and never looked back. You had to see it to believe it. Paul and Griffin as they've done in the past just choked and couldn't do anything but give credit to the Rocket's suffocating defense. It was an amazing thing to watch. I still think the Clips will win the series but it's not a slam dunk anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Haha ok. Being top 3 offensively and defensive means nothing I forgot. The only player that is better than him at the position is Cousins and that could be argued because of Gasol being elite defensively. Cousins, Gasol, and Howard is 3 elite centers no how watered down the position is. You implied Gasol isn't all that which is just wrong. Like saying Lebron isn't all that because of his terrible games he has had this series.
    He is 1 of the top 5 centers at this current time. Gasol is not elite nor great. Neither is Howard. He is a good center not a great center. The word GREAT is used too loosely. Shaq, Hakeem, D. Robinson, Ewing, etc. are considered great centers. Greats go to the HOF. You honestly think Gasol is going to the HOF? Don't think so. Cousins if he can keep his head on straight is the only center currently playing that can be great. Howard was great for a few years in Orlando mainly. Now? not so much. Would I absolutely LOVE to have either one? Absolutely. Doesn't mean they are great. Gasol doesn't compare to any of the great centers.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 05-15-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    The Clippers collapse was worse than the Pels because at least the Pels took it to OT and still made it a game at he end.

In last night's game the Rockets just completely steam rolled over the Clips with their best player (Hardin)playing cheerleader on the bench and never looked back. You had to see it to believe it. Paul and Griffin as they've done in the past just choked and couldn't do anything but give credit to the Rocket's suffocating defense. It was an amazing thing to watch. I still think the Clips will win the series but it's not a slam dunk anymore.

It was absolutely epic. I couldn't believe what I was seeing to be honest. The rockets were an entire different team with Harden on the bench. it was pretty amazing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't think we were ever in play for Jeff Green, but we dodged something of a bullet it seems. He has not been good in what I've seen of him.

One must feel sick if they are a Wiz fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Don't think we were ever in play for Jeff Green, but we dodged something of a bullet it seems. He has not been good in what I've seen of him.
    Outside of a heart problem, what is he known for?

Outside of a heart problem, what is he known for?
    Being a high volume shooter/scorer on a lottery team.

Wow the Clippers starting off flat

Chris Paul doing the work now. Clips back in it.

Thread Information