Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Tony Allen is right, that's and one. Man these refs are crooked.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Memphis wins

I'm all for Memphis vs Washington in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Tony Allen is right, that's and one. Man these refs are crooked.
    They were iffy down the stretch.

They certainly were iffy, and they made sure to dot those i's and cross those t's when it came to the Grizzlies, while it was all Laissez-faire with the W's.

They certainly were iffy, and they made sure to dot those i's and cross those t's when it came to the Grizzlies, while it was all Laissez-faire with the W's.

Memphis did make some silly fouls though.

They took a lot of heat for firing Hollins after a good year. Often times the brave are rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    They took a lot of heat for firing Hollins after a good year. Often times the brave are rewarded.
    Yeah like when the nuggets fired the Coach of the Year to hire Brian Shaw, who was seen as the best lead assistant in the league... oh, wait.

Who dares wins.

Question for all the analytics guys. How do you feel about the 3pt shot vs tradition basketball after seeing 3 games Griz vs War? Good defense makes those shots harder to make and we're seeing that it's hard to overcome. If GS loses, would you rethink building your team around 3pt shooters and be more balanced or just chalk it up to percentages not being in your favor and run it back next year?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Also, with Cleveland being as hurt as they are, Shumpert hurt, Kyrie hurt, Love out, Thibs better get past Cleveland. If he can't this year, his name should never be brought up again as a top tier coach. The red carpet has been rolled out for the Bulls to make it to the finals

Ball don't lie. That charge was a bad call and the bball gods paid the Cavs back with the win

Rockets are done. Howard ejected

The Rockets are terrible, the offense is so bad to watch. Its just Harden 1 on 1 and everyone else jack up a 3. I really hope Memphis can keep playing well because I can't stand the Clippers or the Warriors.

I wonder how Houston would fare if they had kept Parsons.

That said, Memphis vs LA is going to be your WCF, so who you got? My heart says Memphis, but my brain says LA.

G.S. looks good again

Marc does not looks like his normal self the whole series, he is missing layups like Asik.

The rate at which the Warriors can score is absolutely unreal. Memphis just can't keep them on the ropes. They were up 11 and then down 5 in what seemed to be a few minutes. Also, I'm so glad we never traded for Jeff Green as some on here wanted, dude is severely overrated. From what I've watched in these playoffs Marc Gasol ain't all that either. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    From what I've watched in these playoffs Marc Gasol ain't all that either. Jmo.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    LMAO
    I'm assuming you haven't been watching all the playoffs games then. Cause he's been average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I'm assuming you haven't been watching all the playoffs games then. Cause he's been average at best.
    So beingg average for 1 playoffs series means he isn't all that? The guy is hands down a top 3 center defensively and offensively. He has had a good playoffs with a few down games and all the sudden he isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So beingg average for 1 playoffs series means he isn't all that? The guy is hands down a top 3 center defensively and offensively. He has had a good playoffs with a few down games and all the sudden he isn't that great.
    "From what I've watched in these playoffs" implies what?
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 05-13-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Also, being a top 3 center in this league today is far from a great accomplishment. The center position is watered down in this era,

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Question for all the analytics guys. How do you feel about the 3pt shot vs tradition basketball after seeing 3 games Griz vs War? Good defense makes those shots harder to make and we're seeing that it's hard to overcome. If GS loses, would you rethink building your team around 3pt shooters and be more balanced or just chalk it up to percentages not being in your favor and run it back next year?
    I think it presses upon the need to get analytics caught up on the defensive side of basketball.

Mem shutting down the three pointer doesnt so much invalidate current analytics as it shows that good defense can be the counterweight to that philosophy. Perhaps the answer. Basketball like any sport is a chess match of trying to find a strategic competitive advantage through strategy and the right combination of talent. Conley and Allen and the MEM bigs have been a key in nullifying a lot of the Warriors system IMO.

I still say the first team that really finds a breakthrough in terms of defensive analytics and capitalizes on it is going to have a nice competitive advantage until other teams can catch up. I have a feeling that in the future when those analytics emerge that guys like Tony Allen will probably have analytics guys looking back and seeing him as being insanely underrated.

Thread Information