Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Playoffs 2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Who are you rooting for now?

Go Los Spurs!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

http://deadspin.com/austin-rivers-pl...urs-1700304236

Austin Rivers is an easy target for the scorn of the basketblog community. And for good reason.

Rivers has often been horrible during his first three seasons in the league. He got a chance on a good Clippers team this year for no reason other than his dad is the coach and (bad) general manager. And for the most part, he hasn’t been very good in Los Angeles.

But Rivers had the best game of his career today, and it came in a huge spot, as he helped the Clippers earn a 114-105 win over the Spurs, tying the series at two games apiece. Rivers scored 16 points in 17 minutes, keeping the team afloat as Chris Paul battled with foul trouble.

The Rivers scoring outburst buoyed the Clippers’s typically anemic bench. Paul, of course, was great. He still played 38 minutes and scored 34 points with seven assists. Paul’s counterpart, Tony Parker, scored 18 points of his own.

Outside of the two stars however, Rivers was the best guard on the court.

I saw that game today. AR had one of those games that people on here might have said, "I can't believe we let that guy go!" Such is life. Good for him showing up like he did for those guys. I am still pulling for SA, and I was impressed with Leaonard's scoring. Crazy to think that Jimmer and BYU took it to these guys back in the day.

You watching Mavs vs Rockets right now?

No, any good (watching Mad Men)?

Mavs lead 65-55 . Game has been physical

Rivers going to have his good games and his bad games.

how are our castoffs helping other teams actually get playoff wins? fricking Rivers & Aminu going off today
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    how are our castoffs helping other teams actually get playoff wins? fricking Rivers & Aminu going off today
    A: Dell Demps

Anyone catch this today?

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ke...005/+bubbaprog

Officials elected not to eject Kendrick Perkins after throwing the Celtics’ Jae Crowder to the floor by his neck while setting a heavy screen in the second quarter of today’s fourth game of the Cleveland-Boston series.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    More impressive, Crowder got the start after Marcus Smart overslept and showed up late prior to the game.

That aside, duck the cavs!

Eh neither Rivers or Aminu are better then what we have gotten out of Cunningham and Cole. Rivers has a good game like this every 10 games or so. Main has been solid and found a good fit as a role player in Dallas.

The leadership and intangibles that Cunningham and Cole bring over Rivers and Aminu also need to be accounted for.

Aminu can be a god and I'd still be happy he's gone. I remember what he was like playing for us

Glad they did well today. Still wouldn't want them.

Aminu just had a crazy slam

JR smith is a straight idiot. I hope he is banned for life. Seriously I do. He's worthless.

yeah that boston cleveland game, intense! JR and Perk christ.

Remember that time we traded Tyson Chandler and broke up the best big 3 this franchise had ever seen, all on account of him having a bad knee or something. Boy, am I glad we got rid of that walking injury.

Kelly O'I'madick

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Remember that time we traded Tyson Chandler and broke up the best big 3 this franchise had ever seen, all on account of him having a bad knee or something. Boy, am I glad we got rid of that walking injury.
    Yep. His career was clearly over at that point. Yup. No doubt about it. (And wasn't it his toe?)

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    Yep. His career was clearly over at that point. Yup. No doubt about it. (And wasn't it his toe?)
    What was the original OKC deal we agreed to? Can you imagine Chandler with Durant, Harden, and Westbrook? Man, that would have been to much.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What was the original OKC deal we agreed to? Can you imagine Chandler with Durant, Harden, and Westbrook? Man, that would have been to much.
    Yeah Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka and Chandler finishing games for you? Yeah even Brooks would of chipped with that.

I still can't believe that trade. Joe smith and Chris Wilcox for Chandler. Heck I still can't believe the okafor trade.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I still can't believe that trade. Joe smith and Chris Wilcox for Chandler. Heck I still can't believe the okafor trade.
    and then - Chandler was traded to the Dallas Mavericks, along with Alexis Ajinça, in exchange for Matt Carroll, Erick Dampier and Eduardo Nájera

Thread Information