Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    If the Pels play consistent they can make noise. These teams suck.

Hack a Howard time and Howard is making the free throws

That's the ball game folks. Rockets too deep for the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    If the Pels play consistent they can make noise. These teams suck.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    That's the ball game folks. Rockets too deep for the Clippers.
    Rockets arent too anything. They simply give a damn.

Golden State should make it to Finals

Rockets arent too anything. They simply give a damn.
    Nonsense... If you really think the Clippers don't care I will say that you've never played at a competitive level.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Nonsense... If you really think the Clippers don't care I will say that you've played at a competitive level.
    Thats fine, make it about me. Im not the one that blew a 3-1 lead. The Clippers problem is entirely mental. Whether its not caring, being arrogant, whatever its semantics. Their loss was not the result of some technical or strategic change. It was something within the LAC state of mind. HOU is still doing the same bull thats gonna get them swept against GS. Thats my point.

I hate watching Harden play. He's gonna get whiplash one of these days.

Thats fine, make it about me. Im not the one that blew a 3-1 lead. The Clippers problem is entirely mental. Whether its not caring, being arrogant, whatever its semantics. Their loss was not the result of some technical or strategic change. It was something within the LAC state of mind.
    Not making it about you. It's just absurd to think that a team playing in a game 7 doesn't care.

Maybe it's not the coaching and more the players. I still don't see CP3 winning a championship.

Well it is about time,

Can someone please explain to me how the hell +/- works? Delladova was 0-6 with +10 and Jones was 0-3 with +11. They both near doubled everyone else on the team in this category. This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen I just don't get it.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    The more Golden State plays, the more optimistic I feel about our squad going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    The more Golden State plays, the more optimistic I feel about our squad going forward.
    They are incredible. They are no joke I have to give them credit. Even though they knocked us out of the playoffs they are very easy to like if you ask me. Mite be the best team right with the Spurs that I have seen in the past decade. We probably gave them their toughest series even though we got swept.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    They are incredible. They are no joke I have to give them credit. Even though they knocked us out of the playoffs they are very easy to like if you ask me. Mite be the best team right with the Spurs that I have seen in the past decade. We probably gave them their toughest series even though we got swept.
    That goes to Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    That goes to Memphis.
    Did you actually watch the series? Memphis won 2 games and got smashed in the 4 wins by Golden St. I know we didn't win a game but we definitely gave them the toughest games they have seen in the playoffs. 15, 17, 20, and 13 were the points Golden St. won by and it looked much worse than that. Memphis had 2 wins that they were fortunate to get while we could have easily taken 3 of those 4 losses to the Warriors. Our losses were 7, 10, 4, and 11 but only 1 of them they had us and the scores look way better for Golden St. against us than they were.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-23-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Did you actually watch the series? Memphis won 2 games and got smashed in the 4 wins by Golden St. I know we didn't win a game but we definitely gave them the toughest games they have seen in the playoffs. 15, 17, 20, and 13 were the points Golden St. won by and it looked much worse than that. Memphis had 2 wins that they were fortunate to get while we could have easily taken 3 of those 4 losses to the Warriors. Our losses were 7, 10, 4, and 11 but only 1 of them they had us and the scores look way better for Golden St. against us than they were.
    List me all the teams to beat GSW in the finals so far this year.

Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    List me all the teams to beat GSW in the finals so far this year.
    The finals haven't been played yet, but I think the point being made is that the Pels were not blown out in any of their games in the playoffs. Memphis and Houston have been blown out in at least one game in their series. Granted, Memphis won two games where the Warriors missed a lot of shots they usually make.

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    The finals haven't been played yet, but I think the point being made is that the Pels were not blown out in any of their games in the playoffs. Memphis and Houston have been blown out in at least one game in their series. Granted, Memphis won two games where the Warriors missed a lot of shots they usually make.
    eh playoffs, my mistake in wording. I understand what GA wrote. I disagree that pels series was tougher. I am not saying our series wasn't tough. I am saying 4-0 is hardly a tougher series than 4-2. Whether they were blown out or not, they are the only team to take a game from gsw so far, let alone two. they even took one at oracle arena. you can highlight close scores all you want, but they are still 4 losses. you can try and give gsw credit for their losses as well, but that probably had something to do with the starting 5 for Memphis playing.

Tbh I feel the playoffs this year his really weak. GS didn't really have any real challenges. If OKC was healthy it would be a different story. I feel the same about the East. The fact that the Cabs are dominating with a lot of injured players shows how weak the playoffs is this year.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

This is true. They still mention to this day that our series helped them grow. We are gonna be a great team soon

Not a knock on GSW, they are playing great basketball right now. Even Iggy hitting high % jumper/ft/3pt, wt..

But they also have the best luck facing teams that are at 70% health, Pel/MEM/Roc and Cle while they're at full power. This is one of those all the stars lining up for them year, they're very likely make LBJ go 2/5 in finals.

Injuries have really derailed the quality of play this postseason, particularly in the West.

HOU without Beverley, POR without Matthews, DAL without Parsons, SA with a crippled Parker and Splitter, NO with Holiday, MEM with Conley, OKC with KD... the list goes on and on. These are important injuries with significant ramifications. Not only has GS been the best team this year, but they have also been the most healthy with respect to their core pieces. The two factors are certainly related and has served to further the gap between the Warriors and the rest of the league.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Did you watch the series?

With Allen healthy and Conley(mostly healthy) the Warriors were on the ropes. 2-0(2-1 for the series)in Memphis's favor with both them playing full minutes. One of those games in GS. Allen goes down and that series changed. Conley still not at full strength and their lack of depth and the defense at the point of attack collapsed. The Warriors went on to blow them out.

Allen stays healthy and we very well may have been talking about a Grizzlies Finals and the new debate(which should still be happening) is whether Memphis is the perfect counter to what GS likes to do. And at full health I think the answer is yes.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 05-24-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Thread Information